Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 23, 2021 5:21pm

Final Furlong Forum - Fun Features to Add?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:21:59 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: Fun Features to Add?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fun Features to Add?  (Read 13235 times)
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »

I think there was a topic where we discussed adding more races in the future... I just thought, what if we had another race day only for steeplechase? And two days per week for flat races? Maybe the steeplechase day could have less than 50 races (20? 30?) because there are not so many horses in there, but when we do have them, it's hard to run them as often as the rest...
faedar
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Sakura Springs

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2017, 08:39:02 PM »

I like the sound of that. I have quite a few SC horses who are just standing around getting fat 'cause I can't seem to find races to run them in. XD
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2017, 10:55:42 PM »

I finally sent like 95% of my SC horses home due to lack of stakes races for them. Attack in the new year after a long rest.
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Yes It's Paddy
rebelrun
Jockey

Stable Name: Coleman Branch

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2017, 11:25:44 PM »

I'm fourth-ing this request.  I have a string of SC ponies with nowhere to go.  More SC stakes would be great, too, if steeplechase day became a thing.
willagrey
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Denoux Stud

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2017, 12:51:16 AM »

I would definitely love to see more steeplechase races. If an extra race day doesn't happen, at least more races if anything!
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2017, 01:12:22 PM »

love more SC races, I have had some decent SC horses and nowhere to race them  :(
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2017, 04:31:37 PM »

And another thing: there could be more info on Stable Race Results page (the individual stable results popup that shows after each raceday), for example Owner and Odds... like on the Post Parade page.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:33:30 PM by Hilda with Clicker » Logged
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2017, 05:39:06 PM »

It has been mentioned before: listing a stallion's location on the Stallion Stats page (state/country).
~ Black Storm West ~
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2017, 11:00:08 AM »

I note the requests for more SC races. I don’t tend to have an over abundance of SC’ers so it wouldn’t make that much of a difference to me. If others feel that there is a need for more then that is fine by me

What I would like to see is more Open Allowance races, especially towards the end of the year.  There seem to be loads of NW1/NW2/NW3 races but not too many OA ones.

On another matter, to do with the Training Schedule page. Would it be possible to change a horses Training Schedule directly from one schedule to another? As an example - I have to workout schedules set up, a lighter one for when they are at the Farm for a rest and the other for normal everyday training. If there is a need to change their schedule from one type to the other, currently we have to delete the schedule they are on and then activate the new one.
Lewis
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2017, 12:35:59 PM »

On another matter, to do with the Training Schedule page. Would it be possible to change a horses Training Schedule directly from one schedule to another? As an example - I have to workout schedules set up, a lighter one for when they are at the Farm for a rest and the other for normal everyday training. If there is a need to change their schedule from one type to the other, currently we have to delete the schedule they are on and then activate the new one.

Consider my curiosity peaked. I didn't think horses trained at all while at the farm? Workout pages show no activity while they're at home.

But I would also love to be able to switch horses from one training schedule to another as more of a dropdown vs. deleting and selecting a new one. Being able to switch horses en masse (almost like submitting nominations) would be amazing, too.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 12:50:40 PM by Shelbie » Logged
~ Black Storm West ~
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »

“En masse” for shipping as well would be great.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »

Consider my curiosity peaked. I didn't think horses trained at all while at the farm? Workout pages show no activity while they're at home.

Which makes me think of another definitely *fun feature* to add (but maybe not such fun to code ;) ): what if horses at farm could have different kinds of workout than at racetrack? Or maybe "activities"? Like outdoor riding or longeing or groundwork... perhaps there could be some fee to pay for groundwork, which would increase horse's happiness / Natural Energy / obedience... but there would have to be a horse whisperer hired to do that ;) so we'd have to pay him / her (and there could be a number of them, like jockeys, with different fees etc).
And outdoor riding could change other stats - like horse could become less responsive (amateur / random riders), could get tired without getting fit, etc., but also could become less spooky for example.
The schedule for that could be less detailed than for workouts at track; for example we could just set "3 hours of outdoor riding on Mondays" or "30 minutes of longeing on Wednesdays" or "groundwork session each Friday".

Actually, I used to ride at a riding school which was next to barns for racehorses, and they were separate businesses but at the same racetrack, so often same people worked here and there - and sometimes horses from racing barns were sent to riding school to be "calmed down"... which was dangerous sometimes because clients of the riding school were not always aware that they are riding actual racehorses... and the trainers / instructors probably thought that just the routine of riding lessons and the company of older and calmer horses will calm down the racehorses - which sometimes worked, and sometimes not ;)
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »

I feel this would be quite a monster to code and integrate into the game (and a bit too Horseland with all these additional attributes to code for). Difficult enough to figure out a training/rest system that seems to work for everyone without adding at-home workouts, too ;) . I figured a horse at home is inactive and recharging, sort of in "hiatus" and one less thing for us to tackle until they return to the track. Same for boarding, as they also don't record workouts during this time, and just recharge much slower.
~ Black Storm West ~
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: Fun Features to Add? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Fun Features to Add? - Theme by Mustang Forums