Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 13, 2021 12:36am

Final Furlong Forum - 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 04:36:23 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals  (Read 2779 times)
JasonCameron
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 01:57:02 PM »

It's looking like another colt year...

ILLUMINATOR is a bay colt standing at 8.2h. He is by Prince of Wonder and out of Kohinoor. His dam was a multiple winner on the track. This is her first foal.

RED ASSASSIN is a chestnut filly standing at 8.3h. She is by Dark Demand and out of Bounty Hunter. Her dam was a stakes winner at 2YO and at 3YO including a Grade One win. She retired with Champion status. This is her first foal.

CALLOWAY is a chestnut colt standing at 9.2h. He is by All Jazzed Up and out of Easy Decision. His dam was a fantastic racer winning 14 stakes and achieving World Champion status. She's well bred too being out of a Gold-rated mare (Easy Livin') and by Affirmed. This is her first foal. I named him after the famous jazz artist Cab Calloway. I'm excited by this one and will watch All Jazzed Up's first progeny to race this year with interest!

Summary: 13 foaled (8 colts, 5 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 80 foals left for 2016
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 02:21:55 PM »

It's looking like another colt year...

You and me both!
Dawn
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »

Congrats on the Dark Demand filly... she's a stunner... good luck with her...
Shadowfax
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 05:27:45 PM »

Love the names, especially RED ASSASSIN
JasonCameron
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

Another colt today!

FLOTA DE INDIAS is a dark bay colt standing at 9.0h. He is by Strike It Rich and out of Flute. Flute was lightly raced, but managed a couple of stakes placings up to Grade One level. This is her third foal, her first races this year. I'm not sure I love his name, but he was named after the Spanish treasure fleets (or West Indies Fleet from Spanish Flota de Indias) which sailed from the Spanish Empire in the Americas to Spain. Also, a flute is a Dutch type of sailing vessel. So Strike It Rich and Flute kind of produced this. :-\

Summary: 14 foaled (9 colts, 5 fillies), no stillborn, no deceased mares, 79 foals left for 2016
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:24:00 AM by JasonCameron » Logged
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »

I like the name. :)
JasonCameron
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:42 PM »

I like the name. :)

Great! Name stays! ;)
Shadowfax
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 01:25:04 PM »

So do I, very fitting. And I've just finished spanish history so I know what a Flota is :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »

Haha, we have similar methods when thinking of names. Very good one btw.  Your crop is really shaping up great!
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 06:23:32 PM »

Haha, more Spanish connections ;)
JasonCameron
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »

The first stillborn of the year and two colts... Seriously need some fillies to come along!

UNNAMED was a filly by Strike It Rich and out of Act Like Royalty. She didn't make it after a tricky birth. Mum is doing well though.

ADVENTUROUS is a bay colt standing at 8.3h. He is by Foolhardy and out of Mysterious Miss. He is the first foal of his dam. She was a fantastic runner who achieved National Champion status from 2YO through 4YO up to Grade One level. She's off to Foolhardy's son I'm No Fool this year.

FLYING SCOTSMAN is a bay colt standing at a very tall 10.2h. He is by What's Debatable and out of Highland Black. Highland Black was a decent runner a while back who managed to win two stakes under the old game format. All her foals are winners and this is her first foal in four years. She's off to Foolhardy this season. The Flying Scotsman is a train service that has been running between London and Edinburgh since 1862.

Summary: 17 foaled (11 colts, five fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 79 foals left for 2016
Grace
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »

Sorry about the filly, but glad that Act Like Royalty is doing well. And the colts are fabulous! I love Flying Scotsman.
Shadowfax
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »

Nice colts, sorry about your filly
JasonCameron
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »

A filly!

AWAKENING is a chestnut filly by Strike It Rich and out of Reveille. She is currently standing at 8.1h. Her dam was a multiple stakes winner at 2YO up to Grade One level who unfortunately didn't fire as a 3YO. This is her first foal. Reveille is a bugle call, trumpet call or pipes call most often associated with the military or summer camp; it is chiefly used to wake military personnel at sunrise. And that's where I got the name! Had Dawn in front of Awakening, but don't think it worked that well. Anyway, Reveille has been shipped off to see As You Wish this year.

Summary: 18 foaled (11 colts, six fillies), one stillborn, no deceased mares, 78 foals left for 2016
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »

Whoo fillies! Lovely name.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2016 Vaucluse Farms Foals - Theme by Mustang Forums