Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Jun. 21, 2022 12:55am

Author Topic: Spending past the limit  (Read 5852 times)

Offline Shanthi

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
Spending past the limit
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 03:32:56 am »
Assuming I'm adding things correctly, you have bids/purchases totaling $79,500.  If, at the time of purchasing a horse, you cannot afford it, the auction will delete your bid for you.  Otherwise, the bid will stand, regardless of whether this leaves you with $1 or $10,000 in your budget.

Offline Shanthi

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
Spending past the limit
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 03:42:10 am »
I think there have been a total of 5 stables so far who've required me to unsell/fix bids by hand in the database.  (This is out of approx. 45 stables bidding, which is over 11%!!   :shock: )

I will not tolerate this in future auctions.  I originally let people have bids totalling more than the spending limit for their convenience.  However, if people refuse to honor that priviledge by keeping track of their bid amounts, and/or using the max bid feature in a sensible manner, I will change the auction to only allow open bids/purchases that are less than or equal to the spending limit for the auction.

This is ridiculous, people.  I think the youngest members in this game are 11 or 12, and even that's old enough to be able to add up 5 numbers and come up with an accurate total.

Offline CricketHill

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
  • Cricket Hill: Established 2006
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Cricket Hill
Spending past the limit
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005, 05:49:07 am »
I noticed, Lindsey.  Darn you for taking advantage of me in my pre-finals/papering madness.  

Anytime you care to part...

Offline spudly

• Jockey
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Lochiedo Stables
Spending past the limit
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 02:08:37 pm »
Shanthi,

I know I asked earlier if you could cancel my bid on Misty Morning because I thought I had over budgeted, but I got the impression with your answer that it would stand and I hadn't gone over budget at all. I was watching the count down on the auction, and I had the bid right up to the end, but now it says the horse was bought by Final Furlong :?
Steve
Lochiedo Stables
"We are on the rise"

Standing at stud
Beau Esprit