Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 13, 2021 2:30am

Final Furlong Forum - Hello :)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 06:30:46 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Waiting Area  |  Topic: Hello :)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 2486 times)
lckychrm150
Hotwalker

Stable Name: Willow Brooke Stables

~Race For Your Life~

View Profile Willow Brooke Stable
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 01:51:35 PM »

not to worry you will get accepted soon! ;D  good luck in the game
"No ride is ever the last one. No horse is ever the last one you will have.  Some how there will always be other horses and other places to ride them."
"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
http://www.freewebs.com/lckychrm150/index.htm

Days Handicapped: 2
Win-      10  x  $250    =  $4000
Place-    5  x  $100    =  $500
Show-     3  x  $50     =  $150
Quinella-  7 x  $500   =  $3500
Trifecta-  6 x  $1000  =  $6000
Total-$14,150
Amy Livingston
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 06:22:30 PM »

Don't get impatient. I waited for over 2 months and I had less players ahead of me on the list. It'll happen some day. :)
imagine
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 12:01:55 AM »

I hope so. I don't see why we have to wait, anyhow. :( I just really want to play. I only play one other SIM horse game. I love it, but I do want something new. -sigh-
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 12:37:38 AM »

Believe it or not, we didn't just make up the waiting list to torture people.  Those of us who were here before the game really starting booming, and even those who had been on a waiting list, but have been here for a while, really apreciate the small community feeling of the game.  We voted on the idea, and on the size of the list.  None of us want to have a place like Horseland where you can't get help and you don't know anyone.  None of us want to be swamped with names that we can't place.   We all want to feel like a close community.  And we do.  That is the reason behind the waiting list and once you join, I'm sure you'll understand why we want to preserve that feeling for this game.   ;)
imagine
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »

That's very true. Horseland can't even function correctly because it's overloaded. But, I dunno... I've always hated waiting lists. Until I actually got on. Haha. But, waiting lists may discourage people from joining. I wasn't going to join because of it, but my friend insisted that I did. Also, say that I get accepted in December... looooooooooong ways off. I may not even be interested by then because I had waited so long. I have low patience. :P

But, anyway... I've got to go check on my laundry. Am going away this weekend to train horses. See you all Monday!
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 08:17:51 PM »

That's very true. Horseland can't even function correctly because it's overloaded. But, I dunno... I've always hated waiting lists. Until I actually got on. Haha. But, waiting lists may discourage people from joining.

If that's the case, that's fine.  The current waiting list is almost long enough to allow for 2 more "copies" of FF at full membership, so I'm not really looking for more people.  :P

I wasn't going to join because of it, but my friend insisted that I did. Also, say that I get accepted in December... looooooooooong ways off. I may not even be interested by then because I had waited so long. I have low patience. :P

Well, either you'll wait, or you won't.  Like I said, there're over 250 other people willing to take your spot.
imagine
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »

No, no; I'm gonna wait. At least until I get sick of waiting. Lol.

I'm not sick of waiting right now; just... impatient. But, it'll pass. It always does.
Cheq
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 03:14:40 PM »

That waiting list kind of serves to weed out the impatient, and you really can't be impatient in this game the time line is RL so things take a while ;)
Moochi
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 04:15:51 PM »

Gah... I know how hard it is to wait. :( I've been put on waiting lists a few times in the past, and I thought I would lose interest too. But if you wait long enough, the reward for the wait is so, so, sooo worth it. You will not believe how awesome this game is, or the people that play it! You will feel sooooo proud of your horses when they run for you, and if they win, you'll feel like dancing (I know I do x3)! Okay, I might sound like I'm going overboard (and I am... XD) but... er.. yeah.

-hug- You'll be here before you know it. (And just to add my totally useless two cents, horseland is awful the way it is now... As a former member of the game, I can tell you, it just got to the point of not even being fun anymore... I was horrified by the number of people getting their accounts stolen by greedy people... It was sad. One day I just gave it up. I haven't been back since. :/  -sigh- anyway...) Take care, and try to be patient a little longer ;P

Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 08:01:46 PM »

I really like the small community. As everyone has said; it's much easier to make friends and get help. Even though Horseland's swamped with members, you sorta feel.. alone. So, I think I would have voted for a waiting list too, had I been playing that long ago.
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
lckychrm150
Hotwalker

Stable Name: Willow Brooke Stables

~Race For Your Life~

View Profile Willow Brooke Stable
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 10:52:10 PM »

I totaly agree!!! ;D  Now that I am off the waiting list it like people kinda know me!!!!! I am still very new(and nieve)!! lol  once you are off the list you will love the waiting list Idea because think about how many people quit who are waiting! when you sign up for this game you have to be commted to waiting for the fun!
"No ride is ever the last one. No horse is ever the last one you will have.  Some how there will always be other horses and other places to ride them."
"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
http://www.freewebs.com/lckychrm150/index.htm

Days Handicapped: 2
Win-      10  x  $250    =  $4000
Place-    5  x  $100    =  $500
Show-     3  x  $50     =  $150
Quinella-  7 x  $500   =  $3500
Trifecta-  6 x  $1000  =  $6000
Total-$14,150
Ashlie
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 12:39:47 AM »

Hi, I'm Ashlie

I'm really looking forward to playing that game it looks awesome.
Cheq
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 01:23:09 AM »

Wecome ;D and it is an awsome game ;)
xoxwheelernotwellerxox
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2006, 09:13:25 PM »

Hey I'm on the waiting list to. I hope to get off the waiting list soon so that I can start playing the game but I still have like 262 people before me so it might be awhile but I started out at 270 so I am making progress. See Yah
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 09:30:38 PM »

Isn't it kind of ironic that the less players are in a game, the less alone you feel and the more friends you make? Heh, heh.. I just noticed that.  ;D
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Waiting Area  |  Topic: Hello :) « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Hello :) - Theme by Mustang Forums