Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 17, 2021 2:54am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do? 2020

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 06:54:40 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? 2020
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do? 2020  (Read 599 times)
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:47:18 PM »

Brought home 3 of my top 5 picks, including my #1 choice, so pretty good! My other 2 top picks went to 100k or close to. I have one more bid out and I'm keeping an eye on a 6th if he's still available when the horse limit is raised. In all, just 4k spent on 4 horses.

Capture It - 11.3hh bay weanling filly by NCh. Away the Lads out of An Indy Thing, by A.P. Indy. Half to multi-winner Madagascar. Top choice as I really liked the Slew O'Scots/A.P. Indy combo. Bought for 1k.

Fear Nothing - 15.0hh bay yearling filly by NCh. Robin Hood out of Ch. Valore de Bellezzura, by ICh. Gunningdownromance. Robin Hood only had 103 foals with a high silver ranking. Granddam is half to Worth the Wait. Bought for 1k.

Premium Ruby - 15.0hh brown yearling filly by NCh. French Ruby out of Premium Lace, by Irish River. By our own French Ruby, I liked the mix with Irish River. Bought for 1k.

Flag Unfurling - 13.3hh light chestnut yearling by ICh. V is for Victory out of Shameka. Didn't realize V is for Victory, who is one of my favorites, had retired until this auction so I had to grab a foal. Shameka didn't race until 5 and managed a 4th at stakes level and multiple wins. Half to 5 winners from 5 runners. Bought for 1k.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:00:06 AM by Shelbie » Logged
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:35:52 PM »

Brought home 4 of our top 7 picks. 2 of the other 3 went to $100k and the other one is currently sitting at more than what I have available under the limit. Have a bid in on one more with about 9 hours left. Have my eye on a couple of others if they are still around if/when the limit on the number of horses increases.

Beyond the Void - 13.3h Light grey weanling filly by NCh. Void (S) out of Beyond The Sunset (B). We have her half-brother, Bareil, out of ICh. Belanso (S). Bought for $1k.

Grandiose Castle - 14.2h Blue roan yearling colt by recently retired FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S) out of I'm Not Pink (S). Considering that both parents are Silver-Ranked, an unbelievable bargain at $1k.

Ledgendary Fortune - 14.1h Dark bay yearling colt by our own retired GCh. Major's Flight (G) out of Ch. Fallen Angel (B). Bought for $13k.

Weapon - 15.1h Dark bay yearling colt by our stallion NCh. Lucky Streak out of Ch. Hermione (B). Bought for $1k.

Lewis
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 08:19:54 AM »

I didn't really get excited about anything... maybe because I'm planning to sell some of my own. But I got one and lost a bid on another.

Like Whatever (ICh. Belanso x Ch. She Doesn't Get It) - 14.3h dark grey colt bred and sold by Whisperwood Acres. I like his name ;) I know it can be still changed but just wanted to keep it... his estimated height is  14.3h - 15.2h so he actually already reached the minimum. I also have one weanling colt by Belanso. Dam has a steeplechase speed record and she didn't race much but she stayed on the track for a long time. Belanso is already silver as a sire and has one millionaire in his offspring.
Price $1,000.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:33:46 AM »

Picked up 2 with one outstanding bid. Lost out on two others due to spending limits, but that's probably just as well given the size of the baby barn.

Dark Destination is a weanling colt by ICh. Dark Continent out of Ch. Finally. His dam was stakes placed on the track, but he's a bit of a mystery as his oldest sibling (2yo filly by Golden Text) is unraced. We bred his granddam Foxfire, so have a family connection. Bought for $5k.

Celtic Tiger is a weanling colt by NCh. Celtic Star out of Ch. Full As A Tiger. His dam was also stakes placed on the track, and his oldest (and only) sibling to race (mare by All Jazzed Up) has won at both 2 and 3. He's our first Celtic Star foal so it'll be interesting to see what he can do. Bought for $5k.
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 02:47:18 AM »

Picked up one more.

Iron Poetry (formerly Forever Royal) - 13.3hh chestnut weanling colt by ICh. Long Live the King out of Ch. Spartan Queen, by NCh. Highland Wizard. Dam is half to MSW. Damline traces back to gold-ranked Townsend Prince and Townsend Holly. Sam Sire/BM Sire cross as MSW Ch. Gonnabeamightyking. Bought for 1k.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:49:13 AM by Shanthi » Logged
~ Black Storm West ~
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 07:39:16 AM »

Picked up 4, including our top three picks.

Gateway
Crystal Rainbow x Ch Ireland (S). We bred Ireland's first foal (sold in utero) and he's now MW, MP so we thought we'd give this lady a go. By a nice stallion, we're looking forward to running her next year.

Registered
Weanling by Sunday Paper out of GCh The Good Stuff (What's Debatable). Dam was a nice runner and we've leased her this year and will hopefully have a half sibling to this filly next year.

Highly Prized
Weanling by Curlin out of Hollywood Heiress (What's It Worth). From Curlin's first crop out of a solid mare who's produced two multi stakes winners from her foals to race to date. Further back the family contains NCh Clockstoper and FFCh TakeMeToHollywood.

Simplicity
Weanling by Simply Heroic out of Donnaconna (Exacutive Orders). Dam's only runner to date is a MSW.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shelbie
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »

Was able to pick up my 6th choice!

Dark Materials - 12.hh black weanling colt b ICh. Ring of Fire out of No I Can't. Dam set 2 speed records. Half to 1 winner and 1 SP. Bought for 1k.
~ Black Storm West ~
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 07:35:11 AM »

Several days ago, I picked up Chinook Winds, a pretty dark grey filly by Highland Burning-Northern Coast. Got her for $1k for both her name and for being from the Rogue sireline.
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? 2020 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do? 2020 - Theme by Mustang Forums