Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 23, 2021 1:47pm

Final Furlong Forum - Clicker Lab 2021 :)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 05:47:28 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: Clicker Lab 2021 :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clicker Lab 2021 :)  (Read 1892 times)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »

Our greyhound seems to have no prey drive at all, even though he won on the track. He's fascinated by squirrels, but only wants to stand and stare at them quizzically. (He has tried to gallop off 2 or 3 times in the 2 years we've owned him, but he's always on the lead, so that didn't work very well.)

Lovely filly. :)
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Clicker Lab

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2017, 11:33:57 AM »

I just returned from an amazing trip around Iceland, to find the last foal of this year's crop. Of course the filly will be named in Icelandic!

Þórarinn - 9.3h chestnut filly by NCh. Al Mundhir, out of Pinoit; a millionaire winner of Gr. 1 Breeders' Cup SC Distaff Endurance. One of famous Icelandic persons is Þórarinn B. Þorláksson - one of Iceland's first contemporary painters, the first Icelander to exhibit paintings in Iceland, and recipient of the first public grant that country made to a painter.

I had planned to breed Pinoit to Ghostzapper, but he's no longer available, so she will be bred to Frosted.

We have 16 colts this year, 12 fillies, and no stillborns - yay! Most of them are sired by our stallion Al Mundhir (5 foals), the next most popular are Frankel and Invasor (4 foals by each). The tallest weanlings at the moment are Béthune and Cap'n Körlinq (both 12.2h and born in January) while the shortest are Windsprite and Vanished Valentina (8.3h, born early June and early July).
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2017, 04:38:11 PM »

Update: the filly is now Þjóðgerður, as the above was a male name ;) I couldn't find any famous Þjóðgerður, but there was a daughter of Flóki Vilgerðarson, who was the first Norseman to deliberately sail to Iceland, with his wife and children.  From Western Norway he set sail to the Shetland Islands where it is said his daughter drowned. He continued his journey and landed in the Faroe Islands where another of his daughters was wed. There he took three ravens to help him find his way to Iceland, and thus, he was nicknamed Raven-Floki (Norse and Icelandic; Hrafna-Flóki).  After sailing for a while from the Faroes, Floki set one of the ravens free. The first raven flew back to the Faroes; later, the second flew up in the air and back on board, but the third flew northwest and did not return. Floki now knew they were close to land, and so they followed the third raven.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 04:40:31 PM by Hilda with Clicker » Logged
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2017, 07:32:42 PM »

Hilda I too have just come back from a cruise to Iceland!!! I was first there 30 years ago when I went camping with my husband. A bit different this time.

One of famous Icelandic persons is Þórarinn B. Þorláksson - one of Iceland's first contemporary painters, the first Icelander to exhibit paintings in Iceland, and recipient of the first public grant that country made to a painter.

Did you go to his gallery? Very unusual work  :) Liked some but not others. Did you visit faroes as well? I did and the shetlands and Lerwick as well.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

Cool! I was first time there, lots of tourists but it's probably the best time to visit!
No I didn't go to his gallery, only saw his paintings here and there. We had a long bus ride around the island, sleeping only one night at each place. I wish I had a chance to see the horses closer to the wilderness, because we only saw a short performance for tourists (which I didn't really like) and then some herds grazing near the road. If I come back next year I will definitely try to ride somewhere.
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »

Saw quite a lot of the ponies. A couple of years ago I saw some Icelandic ponies at a nearby riding school close to where I live. Did you see them do the tolt? Hard to believe how fast they can move when their legs seem to be walking!
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Hilda with Clicker
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2017, 03:07:53 PM »

Yes, amazing! Maybe not as much as the Spanish Riding School which I saw last autumn, but in case of Icelandics it's more about their gait abilities than rider's skills ;)

Just recently I found this video of an Icelandic horse "spooking" by only raising his eyebrows:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH8LGiFhISa/

super cute!
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2017, 06:54:59 PM »

Love the video! Saw the Spanish Riding School a couple of years ago. Seriously amazing, the airs above the ground were breathtaking - and I managed to get some decent photos as well  :)
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: Clicker Lab 2021 :) « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Clicker Lab 2021 :) - Theme by Mustang Forums