Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 16, 2021 9:54am

Final Furlong Forum - Breeders' Stakes Series (2009 and onward)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 01:54:30 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Breeders' Stakes Series (2009 and onward)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breeders' Stakes Series (2009 and onward)  (Read 4347 times)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 04:03:13 AM »

The Breeders' Series is done by breeder, not by stallion.  So if Storybook Farms wants to nominate all the 3yo foals they bred to run in the dirt series, they pay to do that.  If they don't, those 3yos are not eligible to run in the dirt series.

Back Roads' breeder is not in the game anymore, and thus wasn't nominated for the Breeders' Series races.
spudly
Jockey

Stable Name: Lochiedo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 04:51:26 AM »

Thanks for that Shanthi, I THINK ??? I understand it now.
Steve
Lochiedo Stables
"We are on the rise"

Standing at stud
Beau Esprit
hollyh1125
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 04:55:04 PM »

For whichever stable breeds the horses that win the most points to win the Breeders' Series, there will be a supplemental bonus of $1,000,000.

Points, as in, the traditional way FF distributes points in a stakes race to horses?

OR

Is there a special 1st-3rd distribution of points? I.E, 1st is 3 points, 2nd is 2 points and 3rd is 1 point?

Also, is FF is kicked out of the rankings since it has an unfair advantage, or is it treated as another breeder?

Thanks, I was thinking about starting a thread with updated breeders positions which is why I would need to know. ;)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »

For whichever stable breeds the horses that win the most points to win the Breeders' Series, there will be a supplemental bonus of $1,000,000.

Points, as in, the traditional way FF distributes points in a stakes race to horses?

Yes.

Also, is FF is kicked out of the rankings since it has an unfair advantage, or is it treated as another breeder?

Yes, FF-bred horses are not technically nominated (horses it owns are just able to bypass the restriction to fill the race), so FF cannot win the series with any horse.

If any FF horse ends up earning points, their position is basically ignored. So if a FF-owned horse wins 1st, and a player-owned/valid horse wins 2nd, the horse in 2nd gets treated point-wise as if he won. (For the purpose of deciding who wins the series, anyway.)

Thanks, I was thinking about starting a thread with updated breeders positions which is why I would need to know. ;)

That would be great, thanks. :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 08:40:16 PM »

Oh okay! I need to do some tweeking then. 
Hypothetical race...

1st - FF
2nd - X
3rd - Y
4th - FF
5th - Z
6th - W

X would get 42 points - Y would get 21 points and Z would get 10 points and W would get 7 points?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »

Oh okay! I need to do some tweeking then. 
Hypothetical race...

1st - FF
2nd - X
3rd - Y
4th - FF
5th - Z
6th - W

X would get 42 points - Y would get 21 points and Z would get 10 points and W would get 7 points?

For the purposes of judging the Breeders' Series winners, yes. Obviously on their race record they would only get the points they earned in the race (21, 10, 0, and 0 respectively).
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Breeders' Stakes Series (2009 and onward) « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Breeders' Stakes Series (2009 and onward) - Theme by Mustang Forums