Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 11:16pm

Final Furlong Forum - 2009 Handicapping Competition

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:16:22 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  Weekly Picks/Handicapping  |  Topic: 2009 Handicapping Competition
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Handicapping Competition  (Read 7600 times)
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 08:03:13 PM »

Shanthi,

I am thoroughly enjoying this competition and am just sad that I didn't find out about it earlier.  Thanks for coming up with it.  I've only been doing it for 10 days, but am averaging more than $6,500 each day.

It is proving very frustrating, however, as I have had 53 races in which my three picks finished 1-2-3, however, not in the correct order. This does not include 19 races in which I actually did hit the Trifecta. In many of them, because of the order in which the horses finished, I ended up getting nothing at all.

How about adding a little something for getting 1-2-3 but in the wrong order, say $250??? Also say $100 for having your first two picks finish 1-2 but in the wrong order? I seem to recall a PM from you in which you said that you might consider paying something out if, say, the horse we picked to Show finished 1st or 2nd. This would be kind of like an extension to that idea.

Maybe you could start those in the New Year?!?!  Anyhow, this is just an idea/wishful thinking on my part/venting my frustration (pick one).

Thanks for listening.

Lewis
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »

Now that odds are generated I'm planning on setting up actual betting.  So once that's set up, you will get a (smaller) payout for picking the correct horses in the incorrect order.
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

Wow Shanthi, we just can't keep up with you, can we? We come up with a suggestion and find out that you're already working on it. There's just no holding you back, is there!!!

I'm looking forward to this. Thanks.
Lewis
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  Weekly Picks/Handicapping  |  Topic: 2009 Handicapping Competition « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2009 Handicapping Competition - Theme by Mustang Forums