Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 25, 2021 6:25am

Final Furlong Forum - Stallion Owners: Breeders' Cup Nominations

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 10:25:11 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Stallion Owners: Breeders' Cup Nominations
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stallion Owners: Breeders' Cup Nominations  (Read 3640 times)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »

The only foals that can be nominated "normally" are current weanlings (2012 foals, in this case).  In order for them to qualify, their sires must have been BC nominated last year (to cover this year's crop).

If you're nominating older foals, or foals whose sires weren't BC nominated, you'll need to use the supplemental nomination page.
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 01:40:42 PM »

Shanthi,

I know that this is kind of early to be thinking about this, but, when is the earliest that you can nominate a Stallions foal crop for the Breeder's Cup for a year? Is it Jan 1st of the year or will it start before then?

Having just purchased my first stallion, I want to ensure that his future foal crops will all be BC eligible.

I see that the nomination fees are $5,000 for an individual foal, or $100,000 for a full years crop. Have you ever thought about doing something like $500,000 (say) for a lifetime nomination for a stallion's foals? Obviously, only the biggest Studs would be able to do this. Just a thought for you to ponder.
Lewis
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 02:12:51 PM »

It's $5,000 for a foal AND $100,000 for the crop.  The stallion owner has to nominate the crop, and then the foal owner has to pay the $5,000 for the individual horse to be nominated.

And no, I have never considered a lifetime registration.  I am (roughly) following the RL Breeders' Cup rules for nominating stallions/foals.

Nominations open Jan 1, I believe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Stallion Owners: Breeders' Cup Nominations « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Stallion Owners: Breeders' Cup Nominations - Theme by Mustang Forums