Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 24, 2021 10:37pm

Final Furlong Forum - Shipping Times & Costs

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 02:37:48 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Shipping Times & Costs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shipping Times & Costs  (Read 8102 times)
Amy Livingston
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 01:14:54 AM »

WOW... It's realy great and will make FF that much more realistic. I love this site and what you people are doing to make it even better. :) I'm glad Santa Anita is here. ;) That's the closest to me.
Shannon
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 06:30:27 AM »

Hey Shanthi, it sounds great, and yes, it will kill smaller stables (like me) but flying horses isn't cheap, I've done it before, not alot of fun.

I do have a question though. How will shipping be affected by the restrictive quarrentine in Australia? Or is that a RL attribute we won't be added to FF in the future? I'm sure Jase could fill you in on the whole quarrentine thing in Aussie, I know it threw a wrench into equestrian preps for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. But then again, I'm not that familiar with Australian importation regulations so it may not apply and this is a wasted post.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 12:47:22 PM »

Quarantine won't be an issue in FF, as horses don't get sick.  ;)
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »

Are you sure, I think some of mine are mentally ill at times ;)
lckychrm150
Hotwalker

Stable Name: Willow Brooke Stables

~Race For Your Life~

View Profile Willow Brooke Stable
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »

Are these implemented at this time or is this going to take place in the future??
"No ride is ever the last one. No horse is ever the last one you will have.  Some how there will always be other horses and other places to ride them."
"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
http://www.freewebs.com/lckychrm150/index.htm

Days Handicapped: 2
Win-      10  x  $250    =  $4000
Place-    5  x  $100    =  $500
Show-     3  x  $50     =  $150
Quinella-  7 x  $500   =  $3500
Trifecta-  6 x  $1000  =  $6000
Total-$14,150
Megabucks12003
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 10:40:04 PM »

All the shipping stuff will go into effect once the race revamp does.

I think that answers your question. :) So no, it's not being used at this time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 10:42:21 PM by Megabucks12003 » Logged
lckychrm150
Hotwalker

Stable Name: Willow Brooke Stables

~Race For Your Life~

View Profile Willow Brooke Stable
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 10:45:07 PM »

hey thanks! that really helps
"No ride is ever the last one. No horse is ever the last one you will have.  Some how there will always be other horses and other places to ride them."
"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
http://www.freewebs.com/lckychrm150/index.htm

Days Handicapped: 2
Win-      10  x  $250    =  $4000
Place-    5  x  $100    =  $500
Show-     3  x  $50     =  $150
Quinella-  7 x  $500   =  $3500
Trifecta-  6 x  $1000  =  $6000
Total-$14,150
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 05:59:06 PM »

I've had a good read through this thread and before I decide where to hang my hat i'd just like  to ask something. I'm based in UK, I'd prefer to stay here but I presume I could "move" to the US if it seemed more practical - is this so?
i see you will be adding more races at the various tracks - will there be extra races in the UK as well? also I think you only run races here for 3 months of the year, is that going to stay the same?
if it does will I be able to ship horses over to the US for racing during other times of the year and leave them there?
I see the comment about returning horses back to their home stables to gain "natural energy" Its the first time I have seen this term used. presumably you are in effect giving your horse a break (holiday/vacation) to allow a return of enthusiasm and have some rest.  is there any indication of when a horse will need this or is it a matter of trying to work it out?
I have other questions too but will save them for another time!
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 06:37:15 PM »

I've had a good read through this thread and before I decide where to hang my hat i'd just like  to ask something. I'm based in UK, I'd prefer to stay here but I presume I could "move" to the US if it seemed more practical - is this so?

As long as you haven't set your stable location yet, you can pick whatever location you would like.

i see you will be adding more races at the various tracks - will there be extra races in the UK as well?

Yes.

also I think you only run races here for 3 months of the year, is that going to stay the same?

Not likely...I may add another week or two of non-stakes races, but the basic 3-month schedule for Europe will remain the same.

if it does will I be able to ship horses over to the US for racing during other times of the year and leave them there?

Yes.

I see the comment about returning horses back to their home stables to gain "natural energy" Its the first time I have seen this term used. presumably you are in effect giving your horse a break (holiday/vacation) to allow a return of enthusiasm and have some rest.

That's right. :)

is there any indication of when a horse will need this or is it a matter of trying to work it out?
I have other questions too but will save them for another time!

Not really, other than decreased performance in races/workouts, and common sense (if your horse has spent the last 6 months racing every week and shipping over 4 continents, he's gonna be tired).
Sara
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 07:48:23 PM »

How are we supposed to ship our horses over to another track?
And,  does it work yet?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 08:12:18 PM »

There is a form that you will use to ship your horse.

It will be active in 2011.
Sara
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2006, 02:32:34 AM »

OkThanks!
ashlee118
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2006, 06:55:50 AM »

Looked through but couldnt find it and i might of missed it at the end of this yr shipping will apply for next yr will our horses return to our "home" stables at the end of this yr or will they remain at the last track they raced at?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2006, 03:36:22 PM »

They will be at the last track they raced at.
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »

I have what may be a stupid question but i do need to know the answer so i can plan some strategies for next year. While i expect to keep my horses in the US for the main part of the year, I will bring some (or all) of them back to England to race here. Will they count as "at the racetrack" for training and regaining energy or will they be "at their home stable"? I believe that a horse will only regain natural energy in its own stable, not at a racetrack, similarly i think I read that a horse can't be trained while at "home" but only on the racetrack. So where will my horses be while they are in England? Or can they be moved from "England home" to "England racetrack"? I would obviously like to race them here but also take advantage of the chance to give them a rest and recovery period.
I hope this makes sense!
if there is a thread with this information, appologies  :-[ i have skim read a lot of posts but can't find an exact answer.
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Shipping Times & Costs « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Shipping Times & Costs - Theme by Mustang Forums