Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Sep. 24, 2022 3:59am

Author Topic: Fun Features to Add?  (Read 19332 times)

Offline Andy

• Beta Testers
  • Jockey
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Gintara Lodge
Re: Fun Features to Add?
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2018, 11:24:47 pm »
I had a bit of a lightning moment today  8)

As many of us have lots (lots!) of horses, it becomes quite hard to keep track of them and their training, would it be possible to have an automated e-mail sent after the stable has worked each day with a print out of each horses work outs?

Sometimes if you don't log on for a day or so you can miss that there has been injuries etc and with the daily notifications you could quickly sent a horse back to the farm or adjust a horses equipment, running position for it's next work out if the jock advises.

Thoughts?
Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity!

Offline kierangallagher

• Beta Testers
  • Groom
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Renaissance Racing
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2018, 01:48:47 am »
You can already see a day's workouts using the "Stable Workouts" page, if you ask it to display only one date and choose "All Horses." How would an email be different?

Offline Andy

• Beta Testers
  • Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2018, 10:41:54 am »

Sometimes if you don't log on for a day or so you can miss that there has been injuries etc and with the daily notifications you could quickly sent a horse back to the farm or adjust a horses equipment, running position for it's next work out if the jock advises.

Thoughts?

I thought I explained that pretty well.

Also being in a different time zone is problematic.

Offline Shelbie

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Black Storm West
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2018, 12:04:20 pm »
You can already see a day's workouts using the "Stable Workouts" page, if you ask it to display only one date and choose "All Horses." How would an email be different?

9 years of playing and I had no idea this was a thing.

Andy - You can always just back track and check those days. And if a horse is injured their training schedule is removed so they don't risk working while injured. That's usually how I find out if I didn't catch it on the main page (or their name simply being red on the actual workouts page).

If an email option is added, I would prefer it to be that: an option. Nearly-daily emails for 50+ horses worked would drive me batty. I just check periodically, see how their comments have been, update race setting if anything new has come up (ex: running on the lead), when was there last race, and enter or keep working from there. Or send home if the jockey keeps having his pants ripped off. ;)
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Nobly Regal

Offline ShanthiTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2018, 12:39:10 pm »
An optional e-mail would certainly be doable.

(Like everything else, though, I'll add...not sure when. ;) I don't think this would take too long, so I'll try and get it in soon. I know I've said that before, though....)

Offline Starfish

• Beta Testers
  • Stakes Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Starfish Stables
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2018, 01:20:25 pm »
I find it more reliable to go to my Training Summary page and sort by Injury. That shows all your horses in order of the most recent injury, with anything that happened within the past 30 days in red. I find that to be a quick and easy way to check for any missed Injuries.

As far as the emails are concerned, like Shelbie, I don't want to get daily emails for all my horses workouts for the day. What might be more useful is if we could get emails (or PM's if that was any easier to code) for any Stable Alerts and/or Retirements/Deaths. I looked at my Stable Info page about 3 or 4 times this morning before noticing that one of my retired Broodmares had died. And, as for the number of times I have checked my Training Summary page and seen that one horse or another had had an injury within the past few days and I had either missed seeing the Stable Alert for it or I had seen it on my phone while I was out on the road but, by the time I was at a place where I could do anything, I had forgotten about it, and, the next time I looked, the Alert was no longer there.

Another suggestion, depending on how easy it would be to code - Move the Retirements/Deaths section either into (or right below) the Stable Alerts section.
Lewis

Offline Shelbie

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »
Love the idea of moving retirements/deaths to Stable Alerts. I know I've missed stillborn alerts before since these are nearer the bottom of the page.
~ Black Storm West ~

Offline Andy

• Beta Testers
  • Jockey
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2018, 01:16:46 am »
9 years of playing and I had no idea this was a thing.

Andy - You can always just back track and check those days. And if a horse is injured their training schedule is removed so they don't risk working while injured. That's usually how I find out if I didn't catch it on the main page (or their name simply being red on the actual workouts page).

If an email option is added, I would prefer it to be that: an option. Nearly-daily emails for 50+ horses worked would drive me batty. I just check periodically, see how their comments have been, update race setting if anything new has come up (ex: running on the lead), when was there last race, and enter or keep working from there. Or send home if the jockey keeps having his pants ripped off. ;)

I agree I can do that but when there is over 300+ in the stable and if you don't check every day .... you get my drift. I'd love to be able to filter by ages etc, so I could just see my say 2yr olds or 3yr olds or even SC etc.

It would be like a print out from the stable foreman reporting in.

Obviously it would be an option FWIW.

Offline Wolfhound

• Beta Testers
  • Owner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Darkwood Stables
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2018, 09:10:10 am »
 I'd really like a way of separating out SC horses from flat runners on the training summary page. Most of my best runners ar SC horses and it's a pain picking them out from the rest of the runners when i am deciding where to send them nex
Gwen

Darkwood Stables

Offline Shelbie

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2018, 07:23:21 pm »
I would love if the list of stallions said what country/state they were in. Right now I'm having to keep my own FYI list of locations so I'm not shipping my mares all over the place.
~ Black Storm West ~

Offline Hilda with Clicker

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Clicker Lab
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2018, 05:11:17 am »
Thinking of the racing schedule - apart from adding a "steeplechase day" - I thought it would be a cool idea to have a "Final Furlong Triple Crown", a set of races that are only in the game and perhaps named after famous FF horses - "What's It Worth Stakes", "Highland Rogue Stakes"...

Offline Shelbie

• Race Winner
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2018, 01:13:20 pm »
Could we possibly have an "Expected foals" page/popup? I find myself often forgetting who exactly is due from any leased mares and sometimes the lease ends before the foal is due. I know I can figure it out via budget history, but a single page to view for sire/dam/dam owner/due date would be nifty.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:24:55 pm by Shelbie »
~ Black Storm West ~