Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 20, 2021 4:28am

Final Furlong Forum - Activity Incentive?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 08:28:46 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: Activity Incentive?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Activity Incentive?  (Read 14181 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2005, 12:05:39 AM »

I LOVE this idea it will most likely help me out alot. Though I don't think that I'd ever sell a new horse. Hmm, if I have a ton of horses and I could get one through FF then maybe I'd give a somewhat consisten horse to a newbie. ( Like me now, but I mean later..) :wink:
Andrea
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2005, 12:08:37 AM »

Erm, this isn't supposed to be "get random horses from FF to hand out to new players" idea ;).  It's to reward active new players, like yourself, with horses to use to enlarge your stable.

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2005, 12:14:07 AM »

I meant, take the random FF horse keep it, and then give one of my horses that wasn't performing well for me. And then I'd give that horse to a newer player.
hollyh1125
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2005, 12:56:39 AM »

So the horses from FF are chosen randomly or do we put in a request for one?  I have a few in mind but what are the guidelines to choosing a new horse?
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2005, 01:11:58 AM »

Once I get it setup, what I have in mind is for members to select the age/gender/type of horse (baby, racer, or broodmare), and then FF will create a random new horse that is unrelated to other horses in the game.  

This horse would have all its stats randomly generated, so it's hit or miss as to whether it'd be any good, but that also eliminates the need for me to hand out horses by hand, or for people to try and find a horse that's good enough to get but not so good that it's ineligible to be a reward horse (like Twilight Embers, Jase...sheesh.)

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2005, 01:36:33 AM »

I like the idea of it createing a new horse and giving it out. It brings a bit of mysterty to how good that "free" horse would be.
hollyh1125
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2005, 01:47:07 AM »

yeah i like that idea too. :)  Great!
spudly
Jockey

Stable Name: Lochiedo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2005, 02:36:08 AM »

Just a quick one. You have stated you get 4 points when submitting a claim. Is that when you enter a horse in a claimer, or when you put in a claim in race?? If it's when you claim a horse, then I claimed Time For Power  on 15th July. I know it's only 4 points, but hey, every point counts
Steve
Lochiedo Stables
"We are on the rise"

Standing at stud
Beau Esprit
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2005, 02:41:33 AM »

I didn't do past points for claiming because the only record I have is of who actually successfully claimed a horse, not who submitted claims.

Claiming points, auction points, and color war points will all be done from this point forward, but not prorated in the past.
spudly
Jockey

Stable Name: Lochiedo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2005, 04:04:08 AM »

Ok, no problems. :)
Steve
Lochiedo Stables
"We are on the rise"

Standing at stud
Beau Esprit
ashlee118
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2005, 12:48:56 PM »

What about something like 1 point for each race meeting(25 races) that you handicap for???
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2005, 01:07:10 PM »

I may put that into place eventually, but right now, I have no automatic way to track who does handicapping.
Cheq
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2005, 04:30:13 PM »

So I have a "Jason question" :lol:  What studs are available for the free breeding? Bold Ruler, Secretariat, Seattle Slew?

Jason why cash the points for money? cash the points for horses and put them up for sale to the new people. You get your money they get a shot at more horses.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2005, 04:42:40 PM »

Quote from: Cheq
So I have a "Jason question" :lol:  What studs are available for the free breeding? Bold Ruler, Secretariat, Seattle Slew?

No, that'd be a bit much.  ;)

Given that 10 points = $100 FF, and 50 points = a free breeding, technically the free breeding should be worth roughly $500.

However, since that's dirt cheap, I will probably set it up so that the free breeding is applicable to any FF-owned stud whose fee is $5,000 or less.  (Which is basically all the non-famous ones.)
Cheq
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2005, 07:17:49 PM »

It all sounds good :D

When your ready I am just to see how this works I'll redeem some of my points for a 3yo - F/M - racer.

Nothing ventured nothing gained :wink:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: Activity Incentive? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Activity Incentive? - Theme by Mustang Forums