Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 11:19pm

Final Furlong Forum - Looking Ahead........

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 03:19:48 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Looking Ahead........
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking Ahead........  (Read 2665 times)
Bluberi Farms
« on: September 30, 2005, 03:53:19 PM »

Well every year I get bored and post something pertaining to next years 2-year-old crop.  Well here's my post this year.  Generally Bluberi Farms has quite a few 2yo's to brag about, however, this year there are only two.  So lets also talk about next years yearlings and some of the possible yearlings to be sold next year.  (Even though I've already sold quite a few of them this year as weanlings.)

2-Year-Olds

Bold Gamble
GCh. Harvard Bound X Risky Venture

April 14, 2008
Colt
Dark Bay w/ LF Sock, RH Coronet
17H
Breeder:  Rainbow Ranch

This is his sires first foal crop to race and it should be a little interesting.  GCh. Harvard Bound has a race record of 14(8)-6(3)-4(2)-1(1)-1(1) with $636,000 and 416pts.  Since his sire really didn't mature until his 5 year old year we may hold off on racing this colt until probably his 3yo year and probably not until he's 4.  Dam has produced 3 winners and 2 placed out of 6 foals to race.  So without a doubt this colt will be something to look for in the far future.

Phoenix Tears
Ch. Turn n'Burn X Honor Bright

March 6, 2008
Colt
Chestnut w/ Blaze, RH Ermine
17h
Breeder:  Clover Springs Stables

This is his sire's first foal crop to race as well, and I think these foals will make quite a name for their sire.  Ch. Turn n'Burn was raced very little his record is 7(2)-4(2)-2-0-0.  He earned $201,000 and 192 points.  Dam Honor Bright is producer of MSW Chivalry.  This colt will race lightly as a 2 year old and more extensively as a 3year old.

Yearlings

Gamblin Bandit
WCh. Highland Bandit X Lady Gambler

April 20, 2009 (My 4:20 baby I love this horse.  Yes this is favoritism)
Colt
Dapple Grey w/ Stripe, LF Sock, RH Sock, LH Sock
16.1h
Breeder:  Bluberi Farms

Sire of course is my favorite WCh. Highland Bandit.  He is producer of MSWs Highland Storm (Owned by me), Can't Catch Me, Do You Dare, and Highland Paint.  Of course this is only a list of his first crop of MSWs.  Dam is Lady Gambler an unraced mare who has produced SP Ante Up and SP Absolute Addiction.  As well as, 4 winners and 2 placed foals out of 7 foals to race.  This I think will be her first MSW.  I hope anyway.

Governess
NCh. Diplomat X Highland Gold

May 10, 2009
Filly
Chestnut w/ Snip, LF Stocking, RH Stocking, LH Stocking
16.1h

Sire is producer of MSW Given Trouble and has 2 SP foal and 1 winner out of 4 horses to race.  Not a bad record.  Dam Highland Gold's first foal will race next year.

Highland Treasure
GCh. Highland Laird X Harada's Treasure

April 5, 2009
Filly
Chestnut w/ Stripe, snip, RF Sock, RH Sock, LH Sock
15.2h

Sire produced MSW Spectacular Lady his first year quite impressive, as well a MSW in 2004 and 2005.  Dam Harada's Treasure has produced MSW Treasure It and SWBuried Treasure.  This should be quite a cross and get a nice filly in two years when she hits the track.

Native Highlander
NCh. Highland Wizard X Native Princessa

March 31, 2009
Filly
Bay w/RF Coronet
16.1h
Breeder: Bluberi Farms

Sire NCh. Highland Wizard has produced 3 Stakes Winners in his first foal crop.  This should be another exciting foal in 2 years.  Dam Native Princessa has produced Stakes Placed Cigar's Native.

Pride 'n' Promise
ICh. Highland Pride X Make A Promise

April 4, 2009
Filly
Grey w/ Stripe, snip, RH Coronet, LH Sock
16.2h

Sire has produced 2 MSWs and other SWs and SPs foals throughout his stud career.  Dam Make A Promise has produced SP And Ham.  Wonder what we'll get here?

Simply Native
Native Dancer X Crucial Move

May 7, 2009
Filly
Light Grey
16h
Breeder: Bluberi Farms

Sire has produced MSPd foals and MWinning foals as well.  Dam Crucial Move has produced 1 winner out of two foals to race.

Trutoturn
Turn n'Burn X True Fletchings

January 10, 2009
Colt
Black w/ Stripe, RH Sock
16.1h

I'll finish this later going to class now.
TLawrence
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 07:13:48 PM »

Jumping on the bandwagon:

A Wrinkle In Time, dark bay colt, Closing Time x Flag Waver (Red Flag).

He's by the same sire as Stakes winners Closing Scene . HIs dam hasn't produced anything of note, but he was cheap, so I'll be happy if he earns a few paychecks.

Bright Gem, red chestnut filly, Boldness Shows x Emeralds of Oz (Wizard of Oz). Her dam has produced two winners from two foals to race (her two year old is unraced). She's by a multiple stakes winner and sire of two stakes winners in Eye of the Tiger and Sterling. Another really cheap purchase, so...

Obcityian, gray colt, Easy Street x Onyx (The Black). Yes, the name is spelt that way. No, I didn't do it ;-). He's the first foal of his dam, a winning daughter of The Black, and out of Highland Lover, making her a half-sister to multi-stakes winners High On Love and Highland Surprise. He is by Easy Street, sire of Stakes winner No Sudden Moves. I like this colt's lines...which probably means he'll run like Oblivious :-P

Southern Treasure, chestnut filly, Southern Justice x Harada's Treasure (Precious Treasure).  I got this filly for $500 despite the fact that she's a half-sister to multiple Stakes winner Treasure It, I don't know why nobody else noticed her, but there it is. It probably has something to do with her sire not having produced much yet, or had many opportunities. We'll have to see how she does.

Wimbledon, brown colt, Count Fleet x Dark Princess (Dark Deeds). I have a bit of an affinity for Count Fleet, or so it appears, and this one is a beauty. His dam is Grand Champion and multi-millionaire Dark Princess. He's her second foal, his half sister is a stakes-placed three-year-old. I'm hoping I can nudge him into some good performances...he was overlooked in last year's Select Auction and I got him at a remarkably low price...sadly, no such luck this year, but I'll be stalking the foal auction for sure ;-).
Lindsay-CloverSprings
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 08:27:57 PM »

Glad you like Wimbledon, and I hope he races well for you next year ;) As for Clover Springs, here are our hopefuls for next year:

Africa
What's It Worth x Nation's Pride

April 14, 2008
Colt
Bay w/ Blaze and LF ermine
16h
Breeder: Clover Springs

A son of the legendary What's It Worth this colt is already one step ahead of the game. His dam is the producer of MSW Nation's Color, National Post and SW Highland Limits, and Valedictorian. I'm really drooling over this colt because he looks like he's going to be a handful on the track, and since Quest breedings were so good with my foundation mare Nation's Pride it should be a good cross.

Ballroom Dancer[/u]
Mr. Prospector x Secret Admirer

February 5, 2008
Filly
Bay w/ LF/LH ermine
16h
Breeder: Clover Springs

Nice looking filly here with some good solid family background. I chose to buy Secret Admirer because of her dam Always Be Mine who produced some fine foals including MSW My Style. Her sire has produced some fine looking racers including a couple of stakes winners. Waiting for when this filly races to find out more.

Will be continued soon...
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 09:06:08 PM »

This is so exciting! I've got a good bunch of upcoming 2yos, cant wait!

2 year olds[/u]

Lucky Duck
January 22, 2008
[GCh. My Lucky Day x Lady Temperence]

1/2 to MSW Crimson Lord and Indy 500. Also 1/2 to SP Dark Lady and Irish Lady. His sire is a MSW and millionaire, his first foal crop will be racing next year so he is unproven at the moment. This colt has some nice breeding lines, can't wait to get him on the track.

Kinda Sassy
February 13, 2008
[Bright As Lightning x Gold Rush]

This little filly is 1/2 to MSW Golden Text, SW She Whispers and SP Westward Ho. Her sire is a bit unproven but I'm hoping that the success of her dam's foals will shine through. Having a solid dam line will make her a good broodmare in the future

Star Stalker
February 14, 2008
[Bright As Lightning x Morning Star[/b]

No great great racehorses on either side of this geldings lines. So he'll have to prove the stats wrong and become a great racehorse. We'll see...

Coco Diablo
February 27, 2008
[NCh. Highland Wizard x Savage Loyalty]

This filly's sire has some success in his foals with MSW Sacred Hill and SWs Highland Freedom, Strike Your Fancy and Celtic Foxx. She will be the first foal racing out of her dam. I think this gal has alot of potential, can't wait until she runs.

Counterfeit
February 11, 2008
[Count Fleet x Dark Thoughts]

His sire has had success in his foals with MSW Clendon Park and Count Me In. His dam is still unproven with her only racing foal being unplaced. Hopefully this colt will change this with somje success on the track.

King Of Jazz
March 18, 2008
[GCh. Jazz It Up x Kelly King]

Where to start, this colt isn't 1/2 to much, he's got a winner and an unplaced on his dam side. That said I love this guy's sire. Maybe his sire's success will shine through. His sire has sired MSW Major's Flight, Sign of the Times, Jazz'ed and Set It Up. He's also sired SW All Jazzed Up and Finest Melody, both of which are 2yos.

No Authority
February 1, 2008
[NCh. Fleet Street x Question Authority]

This filly's dam only has 2 foals racing at the moment, one of which is MSW Bright Gold. Further down the dam line there is MSW Celebration and SP Spectacular Silver. A solid dam line. His sire has SW Style Street and Trafalgar (a 2yo). Not only that but Fleet Street is out of the fabulous stallion What's It Worth. I definatly think this gal has some potential with such a strong pedigree. If she isn't the best racehorse then she'll be a spectacular broodmare.

Exceptionalmiss
March 27, 2008
[Dream Catcher x Shining Spotlight]

This filly is the first foal racing out of her dam. Her sire isn't all that proven either. However if you look further back in her breeding you realize that she's got quite a nice dam line. Rise and Shine produced the MSW stallion Worth the Wait and MSW Rising Storm

Simply Gallant
April 21, 2008
[Ch. Heza Gallant Gent x Stellar Event]

Well I HAD to get this guy just because he is out of my first stallion :). He is 1/2 to SW Trafalgar and SP Stellar's Pleasure. His sire only has 4 horses racing at the moment, one of which is SP Legally Bay, a 2yo.

Thistle Do Nicely
February 19, 2008
[Ch. Heza Gallant Gent x Firebird]

Another one of my studs foals. This colt's dam has some super success in her foals. She's produced MSW Sunbird and SP Fired Up. On top of that she only has 3 horses racing at the moment! Impressive. Plus i'm a huge gallant fox fan, reallly excited bout this colt.

Undebatable
February 1, 2008
[WCh. What's Debatable x Queen's Victory]

This filly is 1/2 to Cleopatra and Black Queen. Her sire only has one crop running at the moment, all of which are 2yos. Of those horses there is MSW Set the Sails and SP Deborah

Yearlings[/u]
These yearlings are the first horses that i've bred! So i'm very excited

Alberta Bound
 May 4, 2009
[Citation x Dream On]

This colt is definatly a cutie! His sire Citation has a bit of success in his foals with quite a few of them being stakes placed. His Dam, Dream On, only raced 3 times. However, all 3 times she placed above 4th. Not bad! She has 6 foals on the ground, 2 of which are SP, Redwood Dream and Exectuive Officer. I'm excited about this little colt

Dashing Illusions
May 11, 2009
[ GCh. Go For Dash x Only Illusions]

Ok.. So i didn't breed this filly, bought her. Her sire is proving to be a great won. He was never unplaced at the track and out of the 8 horses he has running 2 are MSW, 1 is a SW and 2 are SP. Her dam doesn't have much success in her foals, just a few winners. We'll change that with this filly

Omnipotent
February 4, 2009
[Bold Ruler x Believe Me]

A jet black colt! My favourite kind. This colt's sire has quite a bit of success in his foals with alot of MSW, SW and SP horses. His dam is yet to be proven as she just has winners on her side.

Roscoe Pito
February 7, 2009
[Cigar x Classic Kentucky]

Another cute colt. I named this guy after a real life stakes horse who I personally worked with. This horse was a phenominal racehorse with the personality to match. Ok, his sire is... Great. Enough said. Most of his 2yos are already SP or MSW.. That in itself is a huge accomplishement. Pito's dam has no success in her foals but with a stallion like cigar you can't go wrong
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
Edgewood Stud
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 09:32:41 PM »

Edgewood Stud only has 2-yearlings coming 2 year old's.

Aja (A.P Indy X Dream Skipper) it has been a rought almost 2 years waiting for this youngster to come of age. By mulitple stakes producing sire A.P Indy and Mutilple stakes producing dam dream skipper this is my filly of dreams.  

Neverland (A.P Indy x Fantasyland) Can anyone tell I like A.P Indy. This is a full sister to my current broodmare Multiple stakes winner A.P Fantasy. Fantasyland had produced great great horses and I am looking forward to this filly racing as well.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 10:38:41 PM »

Do you really want all of them?  Or simply the horses I pick at random?  I'll start at the top of the list, and when I get I'll post.

Ask DNA (f. Cross Roads x Through the Night) is the half sister of do-nothing 2yo Opening Gala, by Storybrook's OTHER legendary stallion.  If Opening Gala is any indication, she's going to be fun to race.  And by fun, I do mean "as ornery as they come."

Assault By Numbers (f. Assault x Candleflame) second foal of unraced mare Candleflame.  Her 2yo bro by Gallant Fox is placed, which is what our Gallant Fox colt has finally managed to do.  My guess is that the buggers just mature late.  But that's neither here nor there.  Young mare, decent looking stallion.  There might be something here.

Catwoman (f. Highland Bandit x Makemeamiracle) Well, Catlike has not done well on the track, so my propensity to buy Cat-themed names may not be a good decision.  Dam has produced a winner, and an unraced foal who's uber talented--you just know it!--while the sire seems to be mad cool with regards to siring stakes horses.  Maybe there's hope for this Cat.

Evil Eye(c. Lit de Justice x Heroic Encounter) is the 1/2 sib to multi-stakes winner Duplicate Copy.  Given Lit's propensity for the jumps and Duplicates fondness for turf, I think this boy will be seeing a lot of grass.  Hopefully he won't be tempted to stop and eat it!

Fear Factor(c. Danzig x Vanity Fair) a recent purchase.  He's the last foal of retired mare Vanity Fair and half to Worth My While and Simply Spectacular.  While the temptation to name him Ziggyzigzig is still strong, we shall refrain from renaming him, as it was his name, and our undying hatred of the television show, that prompted us to purchase him.

Going Nowhere (c. Bright as Lightening x Egyptian Pharoah) this colt is half to stallion Akhetnaten, whose name is misspelled, and is therefore forever dear in our hearts.  His sire is retired and doesn't seem to have any boys yet to carry on the line.  Perhaps Going can change that.

Hamlet (c. Class Act x Gimme A Chance) is half sib to uber cool mare Dreamboat and stud Gimme A Shot.  Others have expressed interest in this one, so I expect him to be supermegaamazing.  Otherwise, we might have to renact a scene from his namesake.  Who wants to be Ophelia?

Hopeless (c. Hope to Succeed x Slew O'Diamonds) is 1/2 to AP Diamond.  The sire is a bit on the young side, but looks promising.  So, yay?

In Flying Colors (f. Affirmed x Sunset Beach) is the 1/2 sis to one of our first broodmares at the Hill, whom we bought as a race horse but was then discovered that she had secretly had a baby several years before.  Shock and sadness, and we vowed to clone her and race her if it was the last thing we did.  Sadly, horse cloning, even in 2008 is still vaguely frowned upon, and we've had to make do with a sib who's half to MSW Brilliant Gold.  And some winners.  A lot of winners.  She is the last foal of her dam.

Long Live the King (c. Bold Ruler x Infinity) Is the name Elvis taken?  He just seems like an Elvis.  Regardless, our last purchase at the select auction this year, he's half to MSW Deo Velonte,  and MSW Eternity.  So, yay!

Man in the Moon (c. Crimson Lad x Harvest Moon) was purchased at a time when I was enamored with Crimson Lad.  I don't know why, but I was.  He's out of a stakes placed mare whose first foal has won a stakes and has since been abused by the Final Furlongs entry script.  :wink: Which is a beautiful script, if I may say so myself.

Mocktail (c. AP Indy x High Enough) I have the feeling that AP Indy and I just don't get along, but that could just be me being silly.  Mocktail is the first foal of his millionaire, stakes winning dam.

RomancingtheKnight (f. Black Knight x Romance Me) is from our first crop of homebreds.  Um, we had had a brief love affair with Black Knight, and now he is retired.  And now we have his filly.  The mare's produced winners, so hopefully between the two we'll have a nice filly on our hands.  Or at least one that's a tad psycho, if I've played my cards right.

Saturnalia (f. Planet Hollywood x Fleeting Beauty) is perhaps our most anticipated yearling, as her only sibling has won 8 stakes this year, and Planet Hollywood rocks my world from time to time.  Plus, what's not to love about Saturnalia?  And she's from our first crop of homebreds.

Sonny's Blues (f. Jazz it Up x Fire de Flame) from a family with a health share of stakes placed horses.  She's our first Jazz It Up horse and is named after my favorite James Baldwin short stories.  Go read it.

To Boldly Go (c. Boldness Shows x Townsend Temptress) out of a stakes winning mare from a super cool family, I'm hoping he lives up to our expectations.  I'm not sure about the sire, but he's young yet.

So, that's who's in our barn.
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 11:48:06 PM »

Hey cat, not sure if this is a problem or not but I own a 2yo named Flying Colors.  I dont know if your horse In Flying colors is named to close or not. If not then just ignore me :)
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 12:49:22 AM »

IFC is probably too close...sorry, Cat.
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 01:04:23 AM »

XD Going Nowhere is a horrid name for a racehorse, Cat!

Angus is a colt byWhat's Debatable and out of Barulla.  What's Debatable has produced an MSW and an SP horse out of his first foal crop. Barulla has one racing foal who is as of yet only placed.  This foal may be a late bloomer, but we will race him lightly-regularly depending on his performance.
Asteroid Blues is my personal favorite. Just because. I think his original name was Never Never Land but I liked Asteroid Blues better. After all, he IS a blue roan. And a hot one at that. His father, Count Fleet, has produced a couple of MSWs but hasn't had a super extensive foal crop either. His mother, Dreams Never End has produced one SW and one of her daughters threw my beloved Redemption. Yes, I know I babble about her, but I luff her dearly ^-^
Drain Away was the first foal that lived in my barn. Bright As Lightning, his sire, has produced nothing exceptional. However his dam, Yssandra, is the mother of MSW The Patriot. I expect this colt will be an SP horse, maybe winning lower grade stakes.
In Your Head is a rather sad song.. Oh yes, the horse. ;) She is by Foolish Pleasure and out of World War III. Neither parent has produced much, but she could be the first.
Miss American Pie is by West Wind and out of Bostonian. If the owner of her twin wants to sell him, I'd glomp you many times over and give you a giant pixie stick :lol:  West Wind has a patheticly small foal crop that has not managed to produce much. Bostonian has produced another set of twins before them (which I own, consequently) and are both winners.
Niniku is a lurvely colt by the name of Garlic. Boldness Shows, his sire, has produced two stakes winners in his first and only racing crop. Not bad. His mother has one 2yo but the foal is unraced. Howeeevver... his mother IS half to Akhenaten! Hopefuly she produces as well as he does  :wink:
Sakana is another colt with a tortured name. His name means Fish. I hope to scare the other two year olds off the track with his stench :lol:  His sire is Hope To Succeed and his mother is Queen Royal. Hope to Succeed has produced MSW Always A Princess along with other SW and SP foals. Queen Royal, now retired, produced on SW filly.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 02:05:39 AM »

With Flying Colors?  Flying With Colors?  Flying In Colors?  Colors in Flying?  Colors with Flying?  Colors Flying?
JasonCameron
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 02:20:23 AM »

At the moment I have three yearlings...

Best Impression
Gallant Fox x Lasting Impression

This filly is by Gallant Fox who has a few nice enough stakes winners running around. However, her real strength is in her damline. She is 1/2 to 2003 Champion 3-Y-O Filly Make An Impression, also the dam of SW Lasting Glory and MSW Last Cigar, MSW Lasting Spirit and SP Dark 'n' Dashing. Hopefully she'll perform well on the track, but if not, she'll be a wonderful broodmare someday.

Unshakeable
Affirmed x Faith Hill

This filly is by Affirmed who has a nice record at stud with a few good MSW progeny. Her dam Faith Hill is famous as being the dam of 2008 Champion 3-Y-O Male King David. She is also the dam of SW Gold Fever and a winning 2-Y-O. Hopefully Unshakeable does well on the track but if not than I guess another nice broodmare prospect.

While It Lasts
Worth My While x Ladylove

This filly is by What's It Worth son Worth My While who was a MSW as a 2-Y-O and ran once for a stakes win as a 3-Y-O. Hasn't shown much yet as a stud with only two crops, however, he does have a stakes winning 2-Y-O and a few stakes placed 3-Y-O runners. While It Lasts comes from a stong damline. Her dam Ladylove was a stakes winner and has a stakes placed 2-Y-O foal from two raced foals. Ladylove is out of First Lady who is the dam of 2005 Champion 2-Y-O Male Government Secret, MSW The First and SW Legendary Lady. Again, we're hoping While It Lasts runs well for us, but if not than she'll be an excellent broodmare prospect.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 02:27:29 AM »

Quote from: CricketHill
With Flying Colors?

Iffy...

Flying With Colors?  Flying In Colors?  Colors in Flying?  Colors with Flying?

Ugly ;)

Colors Flying?

Confusing...

If the current Flying Colors were due to retire soon, it'd be one thing, but having a Flying Colors and a variation of it both racing for a while would just be unsettling.
Andrea
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 02:38:05 AM »

May I suggest you consider the name "Shaggin'" or "Shagging" for the poor nameless foal.  I'm of course referring to the beach dance ;).

Umm, other than that I can only think of something like Under the Boards (Off the Boards?)...

If it had spots you could do Yellow Polka Dot, but well... yeah.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 02:18:58 PM »

Andrea, you're evil.   :P Now you've got me thinking of oldies songs.

I think I'll play around a bit, with any luck the bugger won't turn out to be a oneeyedflyingpurplepeopleeater (or 1Ydflynprplppl8tr)--though that is tempting.
Lindsay-CloverSprings
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 06:34:32 PM »

Ummm... Equestriana,

Bright As Gold is very close to Bright Gold the colt that I am racing right now. Probably needs to be changed, but it is Shanthi's rule ;)

Lindsay
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 08:03:34 PM »

Yeah, I would agree, especially as there's a Bold As Brass, too, which would make it extra confusing.
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 10:19:29 PM »

Alright I'll figure another name out too :)
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 10:33:16 PM »

I've got 5 up and coming 2yos at the moment

A.P. Astro
May 15, 2008
A.P. Indy x Meteor Shower  

Well this colt's dam isn't crazy proven yet, she has 2 foals racing at the moment; one is a winner the other is unplaced. His sire however has had supurb success in his foals, maybe that success will continue onto this colt

Flip Flop Fly
March 30, 2008
ICh. Worth The Wait x Snowcapped

This little filly is 1/2 to SW Tweeder (a 2yo) and Highland Snow. Her sire doesn't have any foals racing yet so he has yet to be proven. We all know Worth lines are supurb though.

Ivgotmymojoworkin
February 28, 2008
Easy Goer x Moving On Up    

This cute filly is 1/2 to SP Moving On Up. Her dam only has 3 horses racing at the moment. Her sire has a couple really nice foals as well including MSW Simply Heroic and Good To Go.

Light of my Life
March 2, 2008
Ch. Heza Gallant Gent  x Light The Match

Her dam only has one foal racing and is yet to be a solid proven broodmare. Her sire is also yet to be proven. He only has 4 horses racing at the moment, one of which is Stakes Placed

Sheza Belle
April 30, 2008
Ch. Heza Gallant Gent x Belle De La Sud

Her dam is unproven, again only one foal racing which is currently unplaced. Her sire is also unproven although he had alot of success on the track.
Morning Star Farms
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 11:15:29 PM »

Morning Star Farm has 7 up and coming as Juviniles next year.

Ain't Misbehavin'
2008   What's Debatable x Deuces Wild   

1/2 Brother to MSW Shezawilddevil and SP Wind of Mirah. Of the 5 foals racing for Deuces wild, all are winners. Sire What's Debatable has his first crop racing, with just over 21% winners and 1 MSW filly, Set the Sails. High Hopes for this guy.

Don't Let Go   
2008   Affirmed x Don't Give Up   

Dam, Don't GIve up has 3 foals racing, 1 SP and 2 winners. Affirmed has a 75% win percentage with 20 foals racing. Hopefully this little filly will show some speed on the track.

Imported Cigar
2008   Lucky Cigar x Alwuhush   

Dam has but 2 foals racing, one is SP, the other placed. Lucky Cigar has had good luck as a Stud, with over 78% of his foals already winners and 23% stakes winners.

No Greater Calling   
2008   Diplomat x Call Me Darlin'   

1/2 sister to MSW Yes Massa, and SP Make the Call and Foreign Fantasy, she's by Diplomat, who has only 4 foals racing, all winners including one MSW. Here's hoping this filly has what it takes.

Not Without Glory
2008   Lonesome Glory x In Absentia   

1/2 to SP Backroads, the Mare only has 2 foals racing at this time. Lonesome Glory has a good record at stud, with 9 Stakes winners.

Remarkable   
2008   Alydar x Fanci Remark   

Dam has 3 foals racing, 2 are winners. Alydar has sired over 80% winners. Looks to be a nice colt, we'll see how he runs.

Tequila Too   
2008   Gimme A Shot x Flaming Possibility   

This colt will be the first foal to race out of Flaming Possibility. Gimmie a Shot has a spectacular record at Stud, with all but 1 foal of 7 at least stakes placed.
hollyh1125
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2005, 06:02:21 AM »

alrighty well I am extra bored and havn't posted about next years 2yo's yet...here goes!

We have 20 up and coming 2yos.  8 fillies and 12 colts.  Pretty good ratio I think.

FILLIES

A.P. Undeniable (A.P. Indy X Why Not)
Nice 17 hand filly who is half to MSW Dare To Question and SP Sunset March. Dam is also producer of the multi-MSW producing mare Dixie Chick.

Celebrity Image (Worth The Wait X Momento)
This filly is out of unproven parents so I really can't tell anything from her lines, but she is by a Worth son who's first foals race next year.

Elm Street Dreamer (Fleet Street X Lucky Princess)
Pitch black filly who looks the part of her name.  Her sire's first full crop raced this year with SW's Style Street and Trafalgar and SP Fleet Goddess.  She is half to SW Amberdrake who is this Dams first foal.  So pretty promising here.

Lit de Lilly (Lit de Justice X Rogue's Lilly)
Agile filly who has some proven lineage.  She is half to MSW Fanfare, SW Noteastbeingreen, and SP 2yo Raindrops on Roses.  Justice hasn't had many foals so we'll have to wait and see how his Rogue grand daughter turns out.

Magic After Dark (Almost Home X Midnight Magic)
We were super happy to have gotten this 17hh filly at auction a while back and can't wait to see her race.  She is half to MSW's Must Be Magic and Art OF Magic.  Her dam is also producer of Magician's Mystery who has gone on to produce MSW SC sensation, Magic Glory, and MSW Rogue Magic.  Almost Home has some producing potential so we are exicted to see how she turns out.

No Crossing (Cross Roads X Crimson Blossom)
Beautiful Black filly who is half to SP horses Crimson Text and Valiant Soldier. Cross Roads pretty much speaks for himself so this filly has nice potential.

Royal Secret (Secretariat X Wonder's Miracle)
All foals out of this mare are SP so far and you can't go wrong with Secretariat so she will be a fun filly to race next year.

Seamefly (Seabiscuit X Fire Flyer)
Out of a winning producing broodmare and a successful stallion.  Nice looking filly.

COLTS

Cigal (Cigar X Key To My Heart)
Mare's first foal was a SW and is out of MSW producing broodmare Backstage Pass.  Cigar has been successful here so it will be interesting to see how his cross pans out.

Clazzic Enterprize (Danzig X Winning Class)
Highly anticipated colt out of our favorite broody.  He's half to millionaire and SW Cutlass and by famous stallion Danzig.  This should be a very nice cross.

Colorful Decision (Rainbow Quest X Inconsistant Decision)
Dam has produced a SPer and winner thus far and is by a more than proven stallion.  Dam is out of the producer of Approved Space so some good lines are crossing here.

Frontal Attack (Assault X Sweet n' Sassy)
We all know Sweet n' Sassy's greatest accomplishment and Assault seems to be a rather consistant producer so we'll have to see how these lines mingle.

Hugo (Highland Magic X Secret Summer)
Another highly anticipated runner here.  He's going to be one of the first to run for Highland Magic (Highland Rogue X Dark Magic) and is out of a blue blood mare Secret Summer (Secretariat X SummerTime Adventure).  He's half to MSW's Bold Lady, Dark Secret, and Best Kept Secret.  4 of 5 foals out of this mare are Stake winners.  So you can guess what we're hoping this foal turns out to be.

Iron Man (Rainbow Quest X Fantasies O' War)
First foal of this stakes placed Man O' War daughter.  Looks like a nice cross.

Jett Street (Fleet Street X Jettison)
Half to MSW Doin' Some Zoomin' and out of Fleet Street who is mentioned above.  We really like this broodmare and feel she's going stamp out some good quality foals.

Kleptomaniac (Highland Bandit X River Gal)
Our only Highland Bandit baby this year and we feel lucky to have him.  He's half to MSW Storming River and placed 2yo Downbythebay.  Looks like a very nice cross.

My Love Is Magic (Highland Magic X Dark Love)
The 2nd of the 2 only foals racing next year out of this stud so we're hoping we have a jump on the rest of the FF world...hehe.   Dark Love has a SP foal and winner of 2 racing foals so we think this colt will be nice.

Raw War (War Admiral X Runaround)
Half to MSW Crusader and out of a famous stallion. We have had luck with both these animals so to cross them sounded perfect.  We'll see how he turns out in 2010.

Solar Quest (Rainbow Quest X Eclipse This)
Our 3rd RQ baby and out of CDS's first broody.  We gave him a pretty powerful name so we hope he lives up to it.

Wired Crystal (Gone Haywire X Crystal Princess)
Out of a Rainbow Quest daughter who's first foal was MSW Royal Success.  Gone Haywire has produced all winners so far so hopfully this cross will click.

Phew! And that's all folk's...well hopefully...The foal auction is still to come.
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 04:23:13 PM »

I only have one to race next year but she's one fine filly.

Pink Ace

2008 Bay Filly
Blaze, RF Ermine, RH Sock
16 HH
Breeder: Ireland's Shamrock Isles

Sire - Class Act

Class Act as most of us know is the sire of top stallion and champion racer I'm A Classic but Class Act has also sired a few other good racers Witness, the winner of many top stakes races this year at 3. He also sired First and Only a 6 year old mare who hit the track last year and won a few important races. He has one 2yo filly, Marilyn Monroe who is a stakes winner. Ace is one of Class Act's 3 yearling fillies.
Class Act is also a pretty good broodmare sire. Tonguetied has foaled a 2yo stakes placer by Planet Hollywood and her 3yo by Unbridled is a winner.  Jacket Required also has a 2yo stakes placer by Heza Gallant Gent and a 3yo winner by Citation.

Dam - Golden Flames
Golden Flames is a consistant of fillies with only one colt. Her first 4 daughters were winners and placers. Her 3yo daughter Admiraless is a stakes placer by War Admiral. Her one and so far only son is also a winner. So far her daughters have not foaled any foals of racing age but her oldest filly Highland Gold has a yearling and so does Flaming Possibility.
KindleHopeFarms
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 04:57:09 PM »

Since the New Year is almost upon us I figured I'd post about next years 2 y/os... :-D

Bid Of Darkness (The Black X Spectacular Star-Spectacular Bid)
Really nice 17h colt who is only the second for from Spectacular Star. She's shaping up to be a stellar mare: her first foal is MSW Mistico Cigano. Really excited to see what this little grey boy can do!

Checkmate Debate (What's Debatable X Bold Move-Bold Hour)
This should be an interesting filly. She's by a young, albeit awesomely bred stallion, and one of the last foals from a KindleHope Foundation mare, Bold Move. Checkmate is half to MSW Boldness Shows, MSW Not Very Nice and SW No Sudden Moves. She's bred similarly to SP Debatable Move.

Color the Starz (Rainbow Quest X Starz Awhirl-Whirlaway)
Classy looking colt from Rainbow Quest's final foal crop. Should be an interesting colt; descends from the Seeing Starz mare line. 1/2 to SW Foxfire.

Devilish Lass (Highland Bandit X Devil's Trademark-Company Trademark)
Here's a filly I've been itching to run since she was born! Out of Rein-de-course mare Devil's Trademark, this fillies mare line is loaded. She's 1/2 to SP Devil's Own and MSW Devil May Care.  I'm especially thrilled she's a filly..:-D

Event Of The Year (Planet Hollywood X That's Debatable-Fine Hopes)
Event is the last foal from That's Debatable, by probably my favorite sire in FF (Actor's daddy..:-D)..  I named him after a giant dark bay millionaire son of Seattle Slew that I fell in love with, with a pedigree to die for. He's gorgeous. And I'll admit... I waited with baited breath for this foal to be born. He's 1/2 to MSW Set In Her Ways, MSW What's Debatable, and MSW Major's Flight.  Kinda hopin' this little guy makes it to stud for his daddy..:-D

Femme Fatale (Cross Roads X Sailor Venus-Planet Hollywood)
This little girl is so pretty: completely black... I wish she were real; I'd take her home immediately. She's out of one of KindleHope's first stakes horses, Ch. Sailor Venus. The mare line is pretty un-proven; this is only Venus's second foal.

Firefoxx (War Admiral X Foxxy Lass - Gallant Fox)
I just *couldn't* pass this filly up in auction. I also happen to own her mother. And she's a filly.  And she's bred by Stillwater...:-P... seriously...  She's half to MSW Celtic Foxx and SW I'm A Foxx.

Kiowa (Omaha X Formal Affair-Black Tie Affair)
This little girl was kind of an experiment... so I'm waiting for the chemicals to explode..:-P..  I've had some luck with Omaha as of recently, and decided to give him a shot on a pretty unproven mare. Kiowa is named after a sect of the Omaha tribe. She's 1/2 to SP Formal Cigar.

National Anthem   (Starz N' Stripes X Rhythm N' Blues-Jazz King)
I'll admit... I was hoping for a little girl.. But I'll take him..:-D... He's 1/2 to MSW Lacking Sense, SP Won't She Tell and SP Hopeless Roguemantic.

Remembrance (Sunday Silence X Cigarette-Cigar)
This little boy was born around the time that Sunday Silence passed away, so I thought it was appropriate to name something in his honor. He's the third foal out of MSW Cigarette, so she's still pretty un-proven.

Rock and Roll (Planet Hollywood X Ifyoucouldseemenow-Tunerup)
So this little man is by far my favorite, as he's a full brother to MSW Shesanaturalactor.:-D. He underwent a name change too: I thought Last Actor was a little to depressing and non-creative. So, as seems to be the trend, I named him after real life stallion that I was pretty impressed with. Check him out.. He's really pretty... Rock And Roll @ Metropolitan By the look of his pic, I think he'd make a better sporthorse stud... but he's got a droolable racing pedigree..
So my Rock and Roll, I'm thrilled with... He's big and blood bay... and you know how I love my blood bays...:-D

Unending Glory (Lonesome Glory X Wine n' Roses-Wine n' Dine)
I'm pretty thrilled to have this handsome little guy; and it was all do to the awesomeness that is Shanthi... He's AWESOME! 1/2 to super-horse, WCh.Highland Bandit and SW Banner Raised.. Can't wait to run this little man!

There they are! KindleHope's stars of tomorrow...(Or so we hope!)
-Kerry
JasonCameron
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 07:07:31 PM »

Seven wonderful little 2-Y-O runners next year... Not heaps, but some talent looks like it may come out of a couple. Looking to buy some more before they start running in April! :D

Allure (Whirlaway x Just My Luck)
Whirlaway is a nice enough sire with only a few foals racing. Has some stakes winners and is a seemingly decent broodmare sire. Just My Luck has three stakes placed foals, including a 2-Y-O. She is also the granddam of a 2-Y-O stakes winner.

Contradiction (Sneak Peek x York Peppermint)
Sneak Peak will have one 2-Y-O next year and that is this little girl, also his first foal to race. He's a wonderful sire breeding wise being by What's It Worth and out of Doubletake. He also won some nice races when he was on the track. York Peppermint was a winner, this is her first foal. Her dam was a winner and her half siblings include a couple of stakes winners and a couple of stakes placers, including a 2-Y-O.

Highlander (Northern Dancer x Heroic Lass)
My only colt. Northern Dancer is a fairly unused sire. He has had a couple of nice runners though including a 2-Y-O stakes winner. Heroic Lass is a nice mare. Although only a placer on the track, she has gone on to foal a multiple stakes winner and a stakes winner. Her dam also has a couple of stakes placed foals to her name and she is also half sister to the dam of a multiple stakes winner.

Immortal Diva (Gallant Fox x Lasting Impression)
Gallant Fox is a nice enough sire with some decent runners. He has a stakes placed 2-Y-O and a  few stakes winners. He is also possibly showing a bit of talent as a broodmare sire with one of his mares producing some very nice runners. Lasting Impression is a beautiful old mare. She has a two multiple stakes winners, one who won an award, and also a stakes placed foal. She is also the granddam of two multiple stakes winners, including a 2-Y-O.

Timeless Moment (Worth The Wait x Moment In Paradise)
Worth The Wait's first runners take to the track next year, an entire crop of fillies. He was a great runner back in the day and also has great lines being by What's It Worth and out of Rise And Shine. Moment In Paradise was unplaced on the track and has one foal, a placed 2-Y-O, racing. Her dam is Lasting Impression, a beautiful old mare. She has a two multiple stakes winners, one who won an award, and also a stakes placed foal. She is also the granddam of two multiple stakes winners, including a 2-Y-O.

Unshakeable (Affirmed x Faith Hill)
Affirmed is a really nice sire. He has a number of multiple stakes winners and stakes winners, including a 2-Y-O from 2009. He's the sire of some very talented racehorses and also the sire of a very nice broodmare. Faith Hill is having spectacular success with her foals. She has foaled King David, another stakes winner, and her 2-Y-O of 2009 is stakes placed.

While It Lasts (Worth My While x Ladylove)
Worth My While is a really nicely bred stud being by What's It Worth and out of Vanity Fair. He was a nice racer and has had some luck as a stud with a few stakes placed horses and a stakes winning 2-Y-O. Lady Love was a stakes winning millionaire on the track. Her first foal is a winner and her second, a 2-Y-O, is stakes placed. Her dam, First Lady, is a really nice mare. She has two multiple stakes winners, one also an award winner, and a stakes winner.
sange
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 07:33:40 PM »

I have only two 2yo's who will run next year, both were recently purchased at the Annual Foal Auction.  Hopefully they will be solid runners. :)

So Many Roads - (Cross Roads x Awesome Love)
Formerly Endless Search
By Chef-de-Race Stallion Cross Roads.  Cross Roads has had a bunch of foals who are stakes quality runners.  Awesome Love has only produced two runners, one a winner, the other placed.  Both his sire and dam were unraced.

West L.A. Fadeaway - (Planet Hollywood x By Honor Bound)
Formerly Maid of Honor
By Chef-de-Race Stallion Planet Holywood.  Planet Hollywood has had many stakes winners to hit the track. By Honor Bound has had five foals to race, one stakes placed, two winners, and one placed.  Planet Hollywood was unraced and By Honor Bound had only one career race, finishing 3rd.
Freedom-Farms
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 03:12:38 AM »

Okay - here are all 12 up and coming 2 year olds.  

Afterlife - False Promises x Regal Spirit - March 1, 2008 Dark Bay Filly

Dam placed - She's had 5 foals, 3 are racing age, with 2 winners and the other hasn't raced yet.  
Sire is unraced - He's had 14 babies with 8 racing age.  3 Stakes Winners - 2 Winners - 2 Placers and One unraced.  
Not sure what to think of her - we'll give her a go and take it from there.

Ask Me Why - Fire 'n' Smoke x Ch. Why Ask Why - January 10, 2008 Chestnut Filly

Dam has multiple Wins and 114 Points - She has 4 foals, 2 are racing age with 1 winner and 1 unraced.
Sire is unraced - He's had 11 foals with 8 racing age.  2 Winners - 2 Placers - 2 Unraced - 2 Unplaced.  

California Or Bust - GCh. Go For Dash x Traveling Maid

Dam is unraced.  She has 8 foals - 6 are racing age with 4 Winners - 1 Placer and 1 unraced.  
Sire is the 2001 Triple Crown winner.  He's won in excess of 3 Million with 428 Points.  He has sired 31 foals - 8 are craing age with 2 Multiple Stakes Winners - 1 Stakes Winner - 2 Stakes Placers - 2 Placed - 1 Unplaced.  He is the sire of NCh. Gotta Go and Ch. Devil His Due.

Calligraphy - NCh. Secretary x A Certain Flair - March 15, 2008 Red Chestnut Colt

He is a half brother to Ch. Mr. Suave, Ch. Crown Hill and My own - Indy Fashion Flair.

Dam is unraced with 9 foals.  7 are racing age with 2 Stakes Winners - 1 Stakes Placer - 3 Winners - 1 Unplaced.  
Sire is a multiple stakes Winner with 550 Points.  18 foals on the ground with 3 racing age.  2 Multiple Stakes Winners and 1 Winner.  He is the sire of NCh. Sudden Death and NCh. American Rhapsody.

Can't Buy Me Love - Dr. Love x Material Girl - January 8, 2008 Bay Filly

Dam is unraced and has had 7 foals with 5 racing age.  4 Winners and One Placer.
Sire is unraced and has 15 foals.  9 racing age with 1 Stakes Winner - 3 Winners - 1 Placer - 2 Unraced - 2 Unplaced

Classic Black - Point Given x Always Rainin' - January 18, 2008 Solid Black Filly

This filly was named for a great Appaloosa Stallion who had passed away a month or so before her "birth".  Classic Black has gone away, but never forgotten!

Dam is a multiple Placer with 2 foals.  None are racing age so Classy is her first!
Sire is Unrace with 31 foals - 19 are racing age.  4 Multiple Stakes Winners - 5 Stakes Winners - 3 Stakes Placers - 4 Winners - 2 Placers - 1 Unplaced.  He is the sire to NCh. Get The Point, Ch. Heartache, GCh. Snowflake, and Ch. What's Your Point

Confirmed Account - Affirmed x Take Account - June 4, 2008 Blood Bay Colt

He is a half brother to GCh. Take Me Away and GCh. Hollywood Magic

Dam is unraced with 8 foals - 6 racing age.  2 Multiple Stakes Winners - 2 Winners - 1 Placer - 1 Unraced.
Sire
is unraced with 29 foals - 21 Racing Age.  3 Multiple Stakes Winners - 3 Stakes Winners - 6 Stakes Placers - 4 Winners - 2 Placers - 1 Unraced and 2 Unplaced.  Sire to GCh. Avalon, GCh. Brilliant Gold, GCh. Dare To Question.

Dashin For America - Go For Dash x American Chance - June 30, 2008 Bay Colt

He is a half brother to NCh. Diplomat, Ch. Home Fries, Ch. Chance For Slew, and my very own - Ch. American Graffiti

Dam is unraced with 10 foals - 8 Unraced.  1 Multiple Stakes Winner - 3 Stakes Placed - 3 Winners - 1 Placer
Sire is the 2001 Triple Crown winner.  He's won in excess of 3 Million with 428 Points.  He has sired 31 foals - 8 are craing age with 2 Multiple Stakes Winners - 1 Stakes Winner - 2 Stakes Placers - 2 Placed - 1 Unplaced.  He is the sire of NCh. Gotta Go and Ch. Devil His Due.

Fiona - NCh. Gimme A Shot x Lady's Call

Dam is Multiple Placer with 3 foals.  1 racing age that is placed.
Sire is a Multiple Stakes Winner.  7 foals racing age.  3 Multiple Stakes Winners - 2 Stakes Winners - 1 Stakes Placer - 1 Placer.  Sire of GCh. Crusader, ICh. Long Shot, and GCh. Mission Bay

IBelieveICanFly - GCh. Go For Dash x Smooth Talkin' Lady - July 1, 2008 Bay Filly

Half sister to GCh. Smooth Sailing

Dam is unraced with 5 foals - 4 racing age.  1 Stakes Winner - 1 Stakes Placer - 2 Winners.

Rainbow Bright - Bright As Lightning x Northern Princess - March 1, 2008 Bay Colt

Dam is unplaced and has 2 foals - none racing age.
Sire is unraced and had 20 foals.  9 racing age.  1 Stakes Winner - 1 Stakes Placer - 4 Winners - 2 Placers and 1 Unplaced.

Three AM - Executive Orders x Only Illusions - February 1, 2008 Brown Filly

Dam is unplaced.  6 Foals with 4 racing age.  3 Winners and 1 Placer.
Sire is unraced.  He has 15 Foals with 8 Racing age.  3 Stakes Placers - 3 Winners - 2 Placers.
Dawn
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 03:15:12 AM »

Battle Hill has 2 coming two year old, both recent purchases from the Dec. auction... we couldn't be more excited!

Take Point

Sired by Point Given, Sire to several MSW's.
Out of Distinctive Look, this is her 3rd foal and has not yet proven her ability as a brood mare.

We are expecting great things from this colt... to date Point Given's fillies tend to do better than his colts... we're hoping Take Point will change that trend...

Deputy Miss formerly Wild Swan.

Sired by Deputy Minister, lightly used at stud, and with a few SP foals on the track.
Out Of Swan's Hope, dam of 1 SW.

Deputy Miss is by one of my all time favorite stallions. Both sire & dam have produces stakes winners... I'm betting on this filly to go to the top... (I had to have her... paid way to much for her... as a newbie... but she's mine ... <rubbing hands with an evil grin> all mine...)
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: Looking Ahead........ « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Looking Ahead........ - Theme by Mustang Forums