Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 12, 2021 1:30am

Final Furlong Forum - 2-Y-O GOT

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 12, 2017, 05:30:53 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: 2-Y-O GOT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2-Y-O GOT  (Read 1525 times)
JasonCameron
« on: January 01, 2006, 05:39:09 AM »

Okay, I know that not many people religiously follow what the GOT says, but it is still a bit of a kick when we get access each year. :D I've got a couple of nice looking horses based on their GOT and a couple of other horses have a few lines that make me shudder...

Unshakeable gained a fairly favourable report with nothing too negative. I'm getting excited about her, hopefully she does even a quater as well as what her brother King David has done!

While It Lasts seems to have a nice sprinting GOT. We'll see though...

Timeless Moment seems to be a little iffy based on the first three lines of her GOT, but not to worry.

Immortal Diva has a nice enough GOT, though her running gait line is a little bit of a shocker.

Highlander earned a pretty standard GOT. Nothing outstanding, but nothing to screw your nose up at.

Contradiction looks like she'll need a bit of distance based on her GOT. We'll see though...

Allure also has a nice enough GOT. Some lines are a little iffy, but hopefully they aren't too close to the truth...

Ah, I love the start of the year, so much fun stuff to think about! I've decided not to nominate any of my horses this year for any of the big races. I just checked out the prices for nominating the same year you want to race and some are huge!
ronda figal
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 05:53:23 AM »

I'm pretty happy with my babiea got's this year.. a few lookslike they'll end up in claimersbutfor hte msot part they are very incourageing.lol only a couple Dressage prospects this year...
taylon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »

I've got Remember the Alamo, Close Enough, and Silent Lightning.  They all look pretty encouraging.  None of their lines are anything amazing, though.  I just was hoping to get a few decent runners to give my stable a little boost.  Close Enough looks like he might be a distance horse.  Silent Lightning and Remember the Alamo look like they prefer sprinting.  We'll see how they actually pan out when we start running them in the spring or summer.  

And hey, "Dressage Prospects" aren't a bad thing!  Mistico Cigano is one... haha.
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 04:18:05 PM »

Yay! Time to look at all my 2yos!

Angus is first up.  N/A is the first thing there. I think I should be worried. Otherwise the Old Man thinks my horse is moody, a brat, and fat. But he does think poor Fat Angus can move when he wants to.

Asteroid Blues is my personal favorite. The Old Traner thinks he is a little moody but has nothing else bad to say about this pretty blue roan. Yay!

Drain Away was the first foal I had. The GOT had only one small bad thing to say about him so thats good. It seems Drain Away will be a sprinter, not going over a mile in distance.

In Your Head has the old man thinking that she will never be always on, and will only run well occasionaly.  Of course, I hope thats not true but her breeding isnt super so it may well be.

Its All Yours is my only other filly this year! Oh noesness! She's also my other blue roan. The GOT states that she needs to be a chaser and that she's blazing fast. It also says she doesn't take requests, which might be a problem.

Poor Ninniku was cursed by his name, but maybe his Garlicy smell will chase the competition away.  The GOT stressed  that he has good and bad days (it's in there twice) and also that hes not fast but can run forever.

Sakanais my last baby this year. This colt, bred by Jason, has a really nice GOT. Sadly, it doesn't give me many hints. I'd like to make a joke about his name, but I can't think of one. Oh well.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 05:24:21 PM »

Heh.  My ponies just aren't interested in racing.

Ask DNA--a sure dressage prospect, moody and grumpy, a real mare. ;-)

Assault by Numbers--looks decent, though the girl's still inconsistent.  I'm thinking she'll be a dirt'er.

Catwoman--my tap dancing horse!  If only she liked to race.

Evil Eye--a chubby endurance horse with a good turn of hoof.  Hopefully he can play catch up

Fear Factor--a "thick-headed numbskull" who likes to come from behind with his fine extended canter.  

Firmament--the girl can run, when she feels like.  Plus, she likes to come from behind, but she doesn't have the endurance to go the distance.  This one should be fun.

Going Nowhere--seems like he will be going somewhere.  Really pretty GOT.  Plus he's an eager beaver.  We like beavers. That would explain his tendency for stall destruction.  Wood chewer.

Hamlet--Another decent one, if only he were more consistent.  

Hopeless--Has by far my most favorite line--"Warn the starters when this one enters the gate"  Yay for ornery horses!

Long Live the King--another horse that would prefer not to be a racehorse with little interest in running.  

Man in the Moon--Another good looking colt.  Probably a classic turf'er

Mocktail--another pretty pony.

RomancingtheKnight--as average as you could possibly get.  Yay Cricket Homebred #1.

Saturnalia--Cricket Homebred #2, not quite as pretty as Striking Beauty, but should be nice on the turf.  Maybe.

Sonny's Blues--another decent looking filly who can accelerate but can't maintain.  Thankfully, she's going to be a hard worker.

To Bodly Go--regally bred, with champions on both sides, this bugger looks like he'd be happier in the dressage ring.  Let's hope lines prevail over the evil GOT.  

So psyched about April when they start (or is it May?).
Sarah
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 06:12:42 PM »

I just have one 2yo so far this year.

No Wilds has a pretty good GOT, but it looks like he doesn't have much stamina and might be a little inconsistent.  We'll just wait and see, who knows what we'll find.
Lindsay-CloverSprings
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 07:49:42 PM »

Had to do some shuffling today as I had WAY too many racehorses than the number allowed because of 18 2yo's, but finally got that completed with a lot of new broodmares in the barn for 2010. ;)

Anyways here are the highlights of my 2yo's GOT's:

Africa (What's It Worth x Nation's Pride) Looks strong with a lot of power/speed, great breaking, and good endurance. Might be more classic/endurance than a sprinter so things might not get better until late in the 2yo or his 3yo season.

Ballroom Dancer (Mr. Prospector x Secret Admirer) Doesn't have much for breaking or early speed, appears to be consistent though and have nice endurance. Might not be interested in running with heart however...

Bellagio (Lonesome Glory x Foolish Question) Looks like he has some good stats with good breaking, average speed, great distance, and possible steeplechasing with a lot of heart.

Call My Name (Cigar x Freedom's Call) Great breaking, tons of speed, and ok endurance by the looks of it. Might be inconsistent, but looks ok on stats.

Chicago (Jazz It Up x Destiny Awaits) Good breaking, average speed, and ok endurance. Might be inconsistent, but likes to run as well apparently ;)

Dolphin's Cry (Rainbow Quest x Five Rings) Good breaking and excellent endurance by the looks of things with average speed. Might be inconsistent and not a very good SC prospect, but not a sprinter as well.

El Nino (Turn n'Burn x National Emergency) Very quick speed, but appears to be a sprinter. Good heart and wants to run, but might have a few off days by the look of it.

Flute (Worth The Wait x Wind Dancer) Very excellent speed and endurance-wise. Really good stats all the way through with the only minuses possibly being a slow breaker and acting up before a race. Nice looking filly here.

Love Triangle (Secret of Love x Swan's Dream) Good speed and endurance, slow breaking however and may be hard to handle on the track. Good with handling packs, but might it also shows she might be a sprinter. Well one of the GOT lines is lying, and I hope it's the sprinter part ;)

Merlin (Highland Wizard x Whimsical Whirl) Out of ALL of my colts I love the look of him the best and his stats. Looks like a ton of speed and endurance, very consistent, loves to be on the lead/competition and listens to the jockey.

Navy Seal (A.P. Indy x Midnight Danger) Good breaking/speed/endurance stats, might be an SC prospect, and likes to race. Might want to do his own thing in races however ;)

Olympic Dream (Seabiscuit x Patriot Games) She might be a late maturer, but has some talent speed-wise and possibly a lot of endurance. Also really wants to race by the looks of it.

Peacock (Rainbow Quest x Highland Raven) Everyone is always wondering about the Raven babies, so here's his GOT in full, so we'll see what happens in time:
This horse is at the top of his game.
This horse'll pass a few in a heartbeat.
Be careful, the jockey might fall off when this horse starts to make its move!
This horse can do a mile or so. Looks promising.
This horse runs like clockwork.
This horse might do well at jumps.
This horse runs like a sprinter, but it's hard to say.
This horse really isn't that interested in running.
If you're lucky this horse will be in a good mood on raceday.
Apparently this horse doesn't understand that traffic can be dealt with, not just suffered through.

Quidditch (Rainbow Quest x Never High Enough) Looks like some nice speed again with good endurance, acts well in a race and is a good SC prospect. However he might not have enough heart to win, but we shall see.

Suspense Thriller (Danzig x Deadly Game) Good breaking from the gate and speed, but not very good endurance - at all. Is probably going to be a sprinter, but does at least want to race.

Triad (Secretary x Harmony) Another sprinting prospect with good speed, but little endurance. However she does want to race, so we'll see what happens in her 2yo races and if she'll live up to her siblings.

tbc.
Morning Star Farms
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 08:13:39 PM »

I'm excited about the 2yo's. I think I might have a couple of decent races in the bunch, along with the occasional dressage prospect.  :lol:

Ain't Misbehavin'- (Sonny)(What's Debatable x Deuces Wild) - This colt looks to be ornery as can be, but is consistant, eager and can run all day. Fortunatly, the trainer says he can run. Unfortunatly, he doesn't seem to know how to accelerate, not from the gate, or in the stretch. He'll be waiting for some distance before he starts. I'm thinking Dirt Endurance is his niche

Darling Diplomat- (Thumper) (Diplomat x Call Me Darlin'   ) - One of my  two 2yo fillies. According to the trainer she's a 17 hand deer, that not only can run, but move when asked and -knows- what the bell is and how to respond. Yay! Unfortunatly she's moody and doesn't seem interested in running. Still, she looks to be one of the best 2yo's I have.

Don't Let Go (Princess) -(Affirmed x Don't Give Up) - my other 2yo Filly. She seems to want to run, sometimes, maybe,  if she's in a good mood. :/  She's for sure not spectacular out of the gate.  Not sure about her, Probably start on the dirt with lots of equipment.

My Confession- (Mikey) (Lonesome Glory x In Absentia) - Well, He's going to break fast, and if i'm lucky, he might even have a speedy extended Canter LoL. Moody, but has heart. He seems to be a Turf horse, endurance. He might not really bloom till he hits some fenses.

Quiet Fortune ( Kewpie)- (Lucky Cigar x Alwuhush) - If the trainer knows what he's talking about, this boy is going to be my best 2yo. Breaks good, Canters faster than most gallop and when asked he really moves! Seems to handle the distance, Likes the lead and is usually putting his heart into it. Mildly moody, but doesn't seem bothered by traffic.  He's specially good to me since Lucky Cigar is done breeding.

Remarkable (Freddie ) -(Alydar x Fanci Remark) Shows a good turn of hoof if he can make it out of the gate. Moody and inconsistant, but seems able to handle some distance. Definit Tufer, possibly SC when he's done growing.

TequilaMockingbird-(Killa) -(Gimme A Shot x Flaming Possibility) - After schooling him in the gate with the pregnant mares this last winter, the Trainer doesn't seem too impressed with this colt. A sprinter for sure, if we're lucky  :lol:

So there they are,  I'm pretty happy with the lot of them. I am really looking forward to racing them too!

Happy New year!

MSF
Jei
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 09:14:33 PM »

My First Yearlings I'm so excited their finally race horses.

Amex (Secretariat x Leading Lady)
The Old Trainer thinks he's moody, and can handle most distances but runs like a sprinter.
I thought his GOT would be better -shrugs-

Burning Victory (Turn n'Burn x Decisive Victory)
He Breaks about average, and runs well with the field. He could run all day, and runs like clockwork. He likes competition, and like to be in the lead. He Might do well at jumps. He Doesn't take requests, and he doesn't that traffic can be delt with.
I hope he dose as well as I hope he will. He's my Favorite 2-yo

Nibori (Killing Time x Crystal Clear)
She Breaks with the pack, and she'll pass a few in a heart beat. She Can really move. She might go the distance for me, and has quite a few off-days. The Horse Adores Jumping, and is definitely a Sprinter. She Doesn't have much of a heart for racing though.
I do Hope she dose well. her GOT makes me slightly nervous of her tuning out like my other mare @.@
Freedom-Farms
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 10:41:03 PM »

Since I never read my GOTs - I'm not sure how to sum them up so I'll just post them and if someone wouldn't mind - tell me if the GOTs are good or bad ;)

Afterlife  False Promises x Regal Spirit
Breaks about average, I'd say.
This horse can keep up with most of them.
This horse shows a good turn of hoof.
This horse gets winded thinking about racing.
This horse usually puts in a good effort.
This horse moves late. Good luck in sprints.
This horse runs well in workouts, anyway.
Bugger has good days and bad ones. Pick your fights carefully.
Deals with traffic the same way a sixteen-year-old deals with it--cover your eyes and hope there aren't too many accidents.

Ask Me Why   Fire 'n' Smoke x Why Ask Why
This horse is usually on her toes.
This horse is cut out to be a dressage prospect with that fine extended cant- err..I mean gallop.
This horse needs a crop, but runs well.
This horse can handle most distances.
This horse will run well with good treatment.
This one will behave in workouts and then act up during raceday. Hope for bad training sessions before a race.
Deals with traffic the same way a sixteen-year-old deals with it--cover your eyes and hope there aren't too many accidents.

California Or Bust   Go For Dash x Traveling Maid
Breaks sharp, on a good day.
This horse is cut out to be a dressage prospect with that fine extended cant- err..I mean gallop.
This horse could run all day, if you asked.
If you're lucky, this horse will run well for you.
This horse jumps with the best of them!
This horse likes competition all right.
Remember to ask nicely--please and thank you. This horse might surprise you and actually listen then.
This horse can slide through spaces that are far too small for it.

Calligraphy   Secretary x A Certain Flair
Ready for action, most of the time.
This horse runs well with the field.
This horse would win under a hand ride!
This horse can do a mile easily. A good sign.
This horse likes to be on the lead.
When racing, this horse does not take requests. Don't even try.

Can't Buy Me Love   Dr. Love x Material Girl
This horse is a bit on the slow, chubby side.
This horse doesn't understand the function of a whip.
This horse gets tired grazing in the field.
This horse tries, when she's in the mood.
This horse adores jumping! A sure steeplechase prospect.
This one will behave in workouts and then act up during raceday. Hope for bad training sessions before a race.

Classic Black   Point Given x Always Rainin'
This horse is quite quick on their feet.
This horse might go the distance for you.
Are you sure this horse doesn't get PMS?
This horse is part deer! Train her for the jumps immediately!
This horse is definitely a sprinter.

Confirmed Account   Affirmed x Take Account
Breaks with the pack. No advantage or disadvantage.
This horse is part deer! Train him for the jumps immediately!
This horse pulls at the bit.
Remember to ask nicely--please and thank you. This horse might surprise you and actually listen then.

Dashin For American   Go For Dash x American Chance
Are you sure this horse isn't on stimulants?
This horse takes time to find their running stride.

Fiona   Gimme A Shot x Lady's Call
You'll need a crop on this one - about fifty yards before the gate. Then maybe they'll break well.
Trouble with horses like these is getting them to stop!
This horse can run a little, but then she'll need a month off. Better yet, a year.

IBelieveICanFly   Go For Dash x Smooth Talkin' Lady
This horse is usually on her toes.
This horse tries, when she's in the mood.
This horse could improve at steeplechasing. It's anyone's guess.
Really easy going. I'd trust this one with my five-year-old neice.

Rainbow Bright   Bright As Lightning x Northern Princess
This horse can handle most distances.
This horse tries, when he's in the mood.

Three AM   Executive Orders x Only Illusions
Breaks with the pack. No advantage or disadvantage.
This horse can do a mile without breathing hard.
Bugger has good days and bad ones. Pick your fights carefully

Best Regards,
Nadia
Mintano
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 10:41:08 PM »

Sleipnir (Lucky Cigar x You Belong by Danzig)

According to the GOT he is usually on his toes coming out of the gate, he runs well with the field and is quite quick on his feet. He should be able to handle most distances, could be a very nice steeplechaser and apparently runs like a sprinter. It seems he isn't very consistent, but wants to run. He's quite ornery, and doesn't seem to know how to deal with traffic.
TLawrence
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 03:19:03 AM »

Based off of GOTS:

A Wrinkle In Time looks like his destiny is steeplechase sprints. Ah well. Might take a while before he shows anything.

Bright Gem also has a very SC got, but one that gives me quite a bit of hope for her. Got a good feeling about this one.

Kadillac - very mixed, some lines saying sprint, some stay, so I'll just have to fiddle with this one. Love the name.

Obcityian - ugh. I hope this one's GOT lies, because well...it's awful. Just awful.

Southern Treasure - really hard to judge, although it looks like she should get the distance, which is always good.

Wimbledon - GOT screams classic or endurance, he's a beautifully bred colt I have a lot of hope for, but we'll see.
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 05:47:14 AM »

Coco Diablo - (NCh. Highland Wizard x Savage Loyalty)
Very excited about this filly. She's got a VERY nice GOT, only a few not so hot comments..

Counterfeit - (Count Fleet x Dark Thoughts)
Decent enough GOT, looks like a sprinter.

Exceptionalmiss - (Dream Catcher x Shining Spotlight)
Solid GOT, looks like she could run either long distance or short. definatly a plus

Kinda Sassy - (Bright As Lightning x Gold Rush)
Another good GOT, a few negative lines though.. Looks like a SC prospect

King Of Jazz - (GCh. Jazz It Up x Kelly King)
SUPURB GOT, not one negative comment. Looks like he likes everything, SC, sprints and long distances. Very excited about him

Lucky Duck - (GCh. My Lucky Day x Lady Temperence)
decent enough GOT, looks like he'll be a consistent runner

No Authority - (NCh. Fleet Street x Question Authority)
Again looks like a solid racer, fairly normal GOT

Thistle Do Nicely - (Ch. Heza Gallant Gent x Firebird)
Mediocre GOT. SHould at least be a solid money maker

Undebatable - (WCh. What's Debatable x Queen's Victory)
So so got... Maybe its lying :P
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
Dawn
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 06:16:19 AM »

Deputy Miss Looks like a distance runner...

This horse gets tired grazing in the field.
This horse adores jumping! A sure steeplechase prospect.

Take Point well mile or sprints? we'll see...

If he doesn't trip over his own feet, he might make it out of the gate.
This horse is part deer! Train him for the jumps immediately!
Warn the starters when this one enters the gate.
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 08:43:19 PM »

Mr. Universe
If he doesn't trip over his own feet, he might make it out of the gate.
Be careful, the jockey might fall off when this horse starts to make its move!
This horse couldn't find a spot with a ten foot pole.
Thick-headed numbskull! Always does the opposite of what you ask...
Apparently this horse doesn't understand that traffic can be dealt with, not just suffered through.

Pink Ace
This horse pulls at the bit.

Sakana
Are you sure this horse isn't part rocket?
This horse prefers to slow down rather than speed up, thanks.
This horse can do a mile or so. Looks promising.

Attheendoftheday
This horse might get a jump on the rest.
This horse has bags of stamina. A good sign.
This horse jumps with the best of them!
Runs steady, stalks the pace.
This horse wants to run, a good sign.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: 2-Y-O GOT « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2-Y-O GOT - Theme by Mustang Forums