Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 18, 2021 5:09pm

Final Furlong Forum - How'd you do?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 09:09:59 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Mixed Auction  |  Topic: How'd you do?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd you do?  (Read 4150 times)
Raine
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 06:06:41 PM »

Well, I've had my eye on several horses but these two in particular. I've managed to snag one and the other I'll still have to see.

Fleet Street is a 2000 stallion by What It's Worth (making him half brother to many MSWs including Gunningdownromance  :o) and out of Fleeting Moment (And there are some more half sibling MSWs). He's a stunning performer and I'm positively thrilled to have won him.  ;D I paid $60,500 for him.

I'm also hoping for the yearling filly Delaware Market. I really want another gal in the barn and with the possiblity of Tricky Victor being retired from racing to be a brood after this race season I won't have any racing mares/fillies. I'm crossing my fingers for this little girl. : 8)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2006, 06:10:56 PM »

...by What It's Worth (making him half brother to many MSWs including Gunningdownromance  :o)

Officially he's only "half" to the foals out of Fleeting Beauty.  He's by the same sire as Gunningdownromance.  Studs have far more (nice) babies than mares, so having a horse that's out of a nice mare is worth more than a horse who's by a nice stud.  Hence limiting 1/2 sib, 3/4 sib, etc to horses related through the female line.

Congrats on getting him...I bred him, and he's a very nice stud.  :)
Dawn
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 07:16:02 PM »

As the van pulled into the stable yard...

The first off the van was Hermione, a lovely dark bay 3 yo filly By Almost Home, sire to the MSW Harvard Bound & Almost A Star & SW Home Free & Almost Heaven, and the first foal out of Barulla... Hermione was one of my original horse that has found her way home... She will be raced through her 4 year old year then retired to brood... she has come home to stay... $17,000

Next off the van was Beyond Imaginationa very nicely bred bay 9 yo broodmare by Omaha and the first foal out of Swan' Hope, She is bred to Storybook Farms Cross Roads (one of my favorite stallions) for a March 2011 foal, and will visit Highland Laird for her 2012 foal... $19,500

Next off the van was Natural Talent a stunning Bay 5 yo daughter of Planet Hollywood who needs no introduction, and sadly has recently retired, out of Natural Disater making her 1/2 to SW I Will Survive... I've been trying to get a Planet Hollywood daughter into my barn... and was elated when the gavel fell making her mine... She will finish out 2010 as a SC'er and retire in Dec. giving her a couple of month off before she visits What It's Worth for a 2012 foal... a steal at $30,000

Last off the van was Pleasant Dreams a darling bay 2009 filly by Foolish Pleasure and out of Dream Maker making 1/2 to SP Minor Infraction... I wanted to breed to Foolish Pleasure, but since he was retired this year that was not going to happen... I feel very fortunate to have one of his daughters... Dreams is happily froliking in the pasture with our other yearling filly Patriotic Sunset... we are looking forward to racing her next year... a bargian at $4,500

Battle Hill did very well and came away spending only $71,000
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:26:02 PM by Dawn » Logged
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »

Semiahmoo did decent enough. It was so hard to pick which ones i wanted!

My first purchase was Boundtobebeautiful a 15hh black yearling filly by GCh. Harvard Bound and out of Botany. Her sire is a bit unproven because his first set of foals are 2yos, so they are just now running. Theres a few winners though. Her dam only ran once and placed 2nd. She has 3 foals running, one is a SP and the other two are winners. I paid a small $11 000 for her.

next I bought the yearling colt Citizen Kane. He's a 16.1 bay colt by NCh. I'm A Classic and out of Rosebud. His sire has sired many great runners all of which are only 3 yrs old. He's 1/2 brother to the great colt MSW NCh. What's Your Point (who by the way I also own... So I HAD to get Kane!). I paid a bargain price of $20 500 for him.

And I bought Special Effect, a BIG 17.1hh grey yearling colt. He's by ICh. Highland Pride and out of In Effect. His sire has some great bloodlines, had fantastic success on the track and has had HUGE success in most of his foals. Specials Dam was a decent runner and has had some success in her foals. Special is 1/2 to SW Love Among Ruins and Mocashment. I paid a TINY $5500 for him!

Lastly I bought Up to No Good. A cute 16.2 hand bay yearling colt. He's by No Duplicate and out of Lady Be Good. His sire has had decent success in his foals, only has 9 runners, 2 are MSW,  1 SW, 1 SP and the rest are winners. He is also 1/2 to MSW Chief's Lady. I paid a tiny $1000 for him
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
oolagah
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 11:53:45 PM »

Always In Trouble   3yo Citation stakes placed filly. She's 1/2 sib to NCH My Style and has 2 other SP Sibs. $20,000       
Death By Chocolate 3yo Gimme A Shot filly.    She hasn't done much a the races. Hoping a little equipment can make a difference. She's 1/2 to a couple SP racers and 1 stakes winner. For
$1,000 it's tough to go wrong.   
Enlightened   7yo Broodmare by Theatrical. She's in foal to Highland Mystery. He stands for $25,000 so for a purchase price of $31,000 she might be my best bargain.   
Lucky Number Seven Hope To Succeed Yearling out of Lady Luck whose 6 foals have yielded 4 stakes winning or stakes placed racers. Long time to wait, but for $1,000 I think he was well purchased.   
Secret Blossom 4yo mare by Unbridled. This mare has earned $106,000 in 19 races. A couple of things caught my eye...one, the auction was getting very competitive at the end and prices were rising. I figured mares of the most limited consequence go for $50,000 minimum on the open market. Usuallly more. Also, looking at the GOT (yes I actually did that) and it said she'd be a great chaser. $43,000   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 04:31:44 AM by oolagah » Logged
Mintano
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 02:26:55 AM »

Somehow I always end up with the boys.  ::)

Crafty Inn is a very nice looking 3yo Black Colt. He has a generated pedigree so not much to go on there, and only two starts so far, though they are nice ones. He debuted in May of this year in a Starter Allowance, coming home 2nd/6. Then raced a month later in claimer, once again coming in 2nd/6. He's running tomorrow in a NW1 Allowance. Stretched the distance, though kept him on the dirt, we'll see what happens.

Indian Summer is a 16.0hh chestnut 2yo, as yet unraced. His dam, Wonderifyou'llkissme is an unraced daughter of Wonder's Pride. She only has four foals of racing age, one being Indian Summer who is still unraced, all are winners, she also is the dam of GI winner Oscillation. Wonderifyou'llkissme is also a half sister to SW I'll Never Tell, SP Brassy n' Sassy and Secret Keeper. Indian Summer is in the last crop of stallion Kentucky Summer. Kentucky Summer only has 15 foals to his name, including MSW Yes Massa, SW Seeing Is Believing, SP Southern Royalty and Eternal Summer. According to the GOT Indian Summer has quite a bit of speed, and seems to be able to run a bit of distance. He seems to be a bit moody, and doesn't have any idea what to do at a jump. I'm thinking Indian Summer might turn out to be a sprinter, not only is he fast, he has a lot of early speed also. Apparently he's quite the competitor which is a very nice thing in a racehorse, and doesn't have a problem navigating traffic. It will be interesting to see what he turns out like.

Playin' Hookie is a 16hh Bay 2yo out of the mare Out And About. Out And About was a good little racer, coming in 4th or better in 19 of 24 starts. Out and About only has one starter, Homecoming who has placed. Playin' Hookie has a very nice sire in Class Act who has sired superstars such as MSW's I'm A Classic, First And Only, and Witness, SW's Marilyn Monroe and Pink Ace and SP Heartful Act, Thespian, and Juliet. Playin' Hookie himself has a pretty good report from the GOT. He seems to be a bit slow at the start, though at the same time he runs like a sprinter so we'll have to see. It seems as though he has some tactical speed, he can run well with the field and also has a good turn of foot, though apparently he has no stamina to speak of and is a bit moody. Apparently he loves to jump, and if he's like his mother he will. He does want to run, and seems to listen well, and like Indian Summer is quite good with traffic, we'll have to wait and see.

Party Boat 16hh Bay 2yo Colt. He is the last offspring of his dam, Party Girl who was a good broodmare, of 8 foals on the track, once is unraced, her three year old is placed, and the rest are winners, including MSW millionare, La Fiesta. Party Boat has the ever famous Seabiscuit as a sire. Seabiscuit has provided quite a few good horses in FF including; MSW's Cutlass, Revolution, Untamed Horizons, and Heartoftheocean. SW's Rum Runner, Go Overboard, Smooth Sailing, and Buccaneer. SP Sea Aflame, Heat Things Up, and Sailor's Girl. Party Boat has an okay report from the GOT, he likes to fall asleep at the start, though he's got quite a bit of speed, he doesn't have much stamina. Apparently he's not the most consistent and doesn't seem to really care either way if he wins or not, though he is quite willing to do what you ask.

pip1985
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 10:50:13 PM »

had a good auction sold one for $1,500 and bought 5 for $5,000

Easy A 2y/o colt he has a generated pedigree raced once in a 5f claimer finishing 5Th going to try him in Blinkers down to run on The 15th race 14 7f NW 2 allowance

Minardi Gold 3y/o Gelding he has a generated pedigree has run four time best finish was on his debut in a 7.5f claimer he is 17.2h so thinking of taking him chasing after a couple more starts over longer distances on the flat

Semi Nutz  2y/o colt unraced he has a generated pedigree Flea-bitten grey only 15.3h entered in the Gr. 3 Graduation Stakes for 2yo (Turf) race 18 on the 15th may will be pulling him out of that race in favour of a maiden does not look much but only cost $1000 so anything he does on the track i will be happy with

SpritofArabia 2y/o filly unraced 16.2h chestnut have not decided what to do with her yet

Demanding April Weanling filly 15.3h
Daughter of GCh. Backseat Driver and In Demand

sire was very good over longer distances winning over 3 million dollars in win and place prize money
Dam only raced three times placing second in a Group 3 Steeplechase
looking forward to this horse running i will have a long wait but i am patient
Morning Star Farms
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »

So , we picked up one more.

Phenomenon. a weanling colt, to round out our weanlings to 7. he's 1/2 to SW I will Survive, and SP Charlston. by Conspiracy Theory,who seems to usually toss winners, so we're hoping he's a solid money earner Allowance if not stakes quality :)

hollyh1125
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 05:00:38 PM »

Okay so I wasn't going to purchase a horse this time around but my heart skipped a beat when I saw this filly.

Loveem'nrun, formerly Lovers Lament-
Beautiful black filly by one of my favorite stallions WCh. Secret Of Love.  Love currently has 6 MSW's, 3 SW's, 6 SP's, and 8 winners; leaving only 3 of his foals non-winners which happen to be 2yo's...lol.  Though, Love Triange is placed and has a 4th place stakes start as a 2yo.  Loveem'nrun is half to MSW and millionaire Worth The Trouble and MSW Snowflake, her other siblings are winners or SPer's.  We're honored to have gotten this yearling filly for 100k and can't wait to work with her next year. :)
Mintano
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2006, 11:24:04 PM »

Added one more, making our total purchases five.

Highest Calling is a mahogany bay yearling out of the mare Freedom's Call by the stallion High Demand. Highest Calling's dam herself was unraced, but has provided quite a few nice horses including, SW Highland Freedom and SP Magic Girl and Call My Name. Highest Calling's sire was also unraced, and didn't have a very long breeding career, this colt is his last crop, and his total progeny equal only eleven including SP Always In Demand. Highest Calling is also a full brother to Demand to Win, a 9yo gelding who is doing really well this year.
taylon
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 05:28:28 PM »

Raceaway brought home one more filly before the auction was done-

Odette (formerly Ever Hopeful, new name is a line thing, goes back to her great-granddam Swan Lake) is a yearling filly from the last foal crop of Resident Evil and the mare Swan's Hope.  She's 1/2 to SW Meadow Swan and SP Hope's Victory, and Resident Evil has had a few SWs as well, so I'm hoping for a decent runner out of this filly. 

So, three girls came home with me in all, Odette, Bandia an Gaelach, and Fog of Time.  I have high hopes for Bandia, and with the other two, we'll have to see!
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 05:42:53 AM »

Jason was kind enough to put in some bids, and in doing so expanded (by half) our broodmare barn.  YAY Jason!

All of them seem to have been rolled, which is exactly what we wanted.  Here's who we snagged.

Cherry Flavored A 7yo mare, who ran for 2 years for FF (I imagine) and was most successful at dirt endurance, securing herself a win at 5yos.  She's been bred to Romeo and is due in May.

Cryptorose--another 7yo mare, also rolled, but this time with no track record.  She comes bred to Harvard Bound for a June baby.

Daybreak at Dawn--another 2003 mare.  This one raced, bringing home a win and a couple placings.  Not as successful as Cherry Flavored, but still nice.  In foal to Almost Home, due in June.

Hoppinonmyhalo--Unplaced as a 5yo, this 6yo mare has already given birth to a healthy colt, Hidden Halo by Run For It.  She's in foal to Harvard Bound for a May baby.

So, we've got a bunch of wild cards in our broodmare barn, and I don't know about you, but I'm feeling lucky.

Cat

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Mixed Auction  |  Topic: How'd you do? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd you do? - Theme by Mustang Forums