Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 6:08pm

Final Furlong Forum - Erm, is this a bug?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 10:08:57 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: Erm, is this a bug?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Erm, is this a bug?  (Read 1049 times)
katiexcore
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:34:22 AM »

My horse Three Fires has F energy, but I haven't raced her since February the 28th. I haven't worked her since March 24th, either. But now it's April 30th, and I was just wondering if I was being impatient, or if something was actually wrong.  ??? :-\

EDIT: Oh, here's a link to her if needed: http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=7882
Degs74
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 12:31:45 PM »

I too have 3 horses that have F Energy , yet they haven't been worked out or raced in over 10 days each?
Cheq
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 01:12:35 PM »

The first thing I would want to know is how much the horses have been worked previously. You have to realize that there is a margin of error built into the energy and fitness ratings. If you are doing automated training, and not checking you may be wearing the horses out. Being at F for a week is not totally unusual. I had it happen a few times usually after races. I do not set up an automatic training schedule so I've never seen an F rating while I'm strictly training a horse.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 02:34:09 PM »

Three Fires was shipped a LOT (even if it is just to the local track and back, it still takes something out of them each time).  And raced twice in a week.  That probably put her energy way negative (energy can go below 0), and with the continued workouts, she never had a chance to regain the energy.  Now she's (slowly) regaining it, but it's going to take a while.

I'd ship her back to the farm (she'll regain energy slightly faster there).  Wait until her energy rating's at A/B level and then send her back to the track to get fit again.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:36:00 PM by Shanthi » Logged
katiexcore
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 04:33:21 PM »

Oh...okay, thank you. I didn't think it would take energy, but I should have asked or read more closely before I started shipping. Thank you [again] and next time I'll try to make sure I know what I'm doing before I start to click buttons.  :-[  ::)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:46:41 PM »

Yeah, I glanced at her in the database, and it would've taken you 7 months of rest at the farm to get her energy back to normal levels.  (I was nice and boosted her energy level a bit, though it's still really bad.)

So yeah....word to the wise: don't overwork your horses (and especially don't race them twice in one week!!!)
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:22:37 PM »

I have had same problem with Highland continental who has been at F energy since 21st march and has shown no variation around that figure. he has had 2 very minor workouts since then to see if any jockey comments would be forthcoming but no luck. This is the horse that has a doppleganger in my taxes page (highland continent) and who gets all the credit for any earnings so i don't know if he's stealing Continentals energy away!
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
katiexcore
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »

;D THANK YOU Shanthi! ;D
I'll be sure to never do that again!
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »

I too have 3 horses that have F Energy , yet they haven't been worked out or raced in over 10 days each?

This is quite normal, since horses can take anywhere from 5-25 days to recover. One of my horses has a slow recovery rate too, and all you have to do is just be patient. And make sure that you don't do any shipping/training/racing when horses are at F energy, so that they'll recover faster.  ;)
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »

This is quite normal, since horses can take anywhere from 5-25 days to recover.

Note: Horses can take 5-25 days to recover 100 percentage points of energy (i.e. go from 0% energy to 100%).  If your horse is stuck at -75% energy, it will obviously take longer to get to 100% again.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 12:41:45 AM »

Curious question:
Will a horse ever run itself into negative energy for a race, or do they just stop at zero as having given all their energy?  I'm assuming the latter...that you can only dip into negative energy by forcing a horse to work when they're already at zero or by shipping them then.  How does it work?
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 12:44:59 AM »

No, horses can go negative through racing....it's the whole "giving 110% effort" sort of thing.  The horse will, of course, slow down once it reaches 0% energy but if the race is 10f and it gets to 0 energy at 9f, it's not just going to stop running and not finish the race.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 12:59:31 AM »

Ah, gotcha.
Thanks for explaining.   :)  That explains why the "F" level of energy seems to last longer than all other levels after a race.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 09:54:18 PM »

My filly Derby Appeal raced on 3/10/11 and hasn't been worked since then, but her energy is still an F as well and hasn't flucuated at all.

Derby Appeal http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=4600
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 05:27:00 AM »

OK, how many times do I have to say it?  Horses ONLY lose energy by:
- Racing
- Training
- Shipping

If your horse has been at F energy for weeks, it's because it basically tanked energy-wise and needs a long layoff to recover.

It is NOT a bug to have low energy for a long time.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:42:13 AM by Andrea » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: Erm, is this a bug? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Erm, is this a bug? - Theme by Mustang Forums