Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 25, 2021 2:56am

Final Furlong Forum - Time of the game

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 06:56:41 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: Time of the game
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time of the game  (Read 1895 times)
Bam
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 06:10:13 PM »

Either you lied about your age, or you're going to college really early XD Even I'm not worried about college and I'm almost done with high school.

It's possible to manage a lot of things and still play FF. Like Cat said, it only requires half an hour a week to keep the basic things running. I can't say I've battled college, sports, friends, AND FF, but life gets hectic and I've told a lot of people who I've got to consider joining "Don't worry about needing time to get everything together. 20 - 30 minutes a week is all FF takes."

FF is just amazing like that :D
Andrea
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 04:36:00 AM »

Not to contribute to the delinquency of a recent minor or anything, but college takes SO much less time than high school it's amazing.  There's a lot of stuff to do and places to go, but not being in class from 8am or whatever until 3pm frees up massive amounts of your time.  Even taking a fairly heavy class load I don't think I never felt like I didn't have enough time to juggle friends/class/homework and that was with driving 30 minutes home 3-4 times a week to ride my horse and occasionally show her.

Man, undergrad was awesome... :) 
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 12:33:07 AM »

Heh heh. No, I didn't lie about my age. I'm 14. But I think a lot about my future. More than normal, I suppose.  ;)

I'm just going in to high school, and it's already eaten a bunch of my summer, so I know how much time high school will demand.  ::)  It's great that college would take less time. I will also have to have a job when I go to college. Did any of you manage to juggle school, homework, friends, and a job? I hadn't heard one mentioned. I don't know how anyone could not have a job in college and still eat, but I'm just making sure.  ;D
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »

If it makes you feel better, I juggled school, homework (of which there is very little in college, but studying is required), friends, a job, and working on FF (which takes/took way more time than playing it ;)).
taylon
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 03:51:19 AM »

It always good to be looking to the future.  No matter what stage of life you're in, the most important thing is to find a balance.  I always have something going on, but I don't normally feel stressed, because I've learned to manage my time.

I'm just going through college now... I got through my freshman year at a private college with a really good GPA (especially considering that I am REALLY bad at Math and Spanish and had to take both), playing on the golf team (which means a 4-5 hour practice every day fall and spring), juggling time between homework and friends (I'm a political science major, so it wasn't uncommon to have to read a few hundred pages or a whole book between classes), and I still kept up with FF pretty well.  I had a lot of fun, and it was nice to have FF to go to when I needed a little down or alone time away from the constant motion of the college environment.  I've actually found this summer that it's A LOT harder to to balance working 50 hours a week and keeping a Quarter Horse competitive than it is to go to college!  Next year, I'm adding student government on to my schedule, and I know I'll appreciate being in FF, because having that little bit of down time to myself every day or two really helps to keep everything in balance.

I also love how FF is in real time... I've had the opportunity to see my horses mature and develop in a way that is totally unique to this game, and I wouldn't trade that. 
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »

If it makes you feel better, I juggled school, homework (of which there is very little in college, but studying is required), friends, a job, and working on FF (which takes/took way more time than playing it ;)).

I'm sure working on the site takes much longer! I do some coding for layouts myself, and though I know it's a lot easier than FF kind of coding, I know how hard it can be..!

That is comforting for me. Thanks!
And I'm glad you think that looking into the future is a good thing, Taylon.  :D
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »

Yeah, worked through college too.  YAY TAíng and random data entry jobs. 
Carisbrooke
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 11:27:18 PM »

I know that this is a dead topic but I would like to throw my 2 cents in!  I Would prob quit if ff went to elapsed time.  I like that I don't HAVE to send all of my time micro managing. I do spend all of my time here any way!!
Sry to bring the post back but I feel strongly about this!!
Billsta
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »

also to start an old topic again

Not to contribute to the delinquency of a recent minor or anything, but college takes SO much less time than high school it's amazing.  There's a lot of stuff to do and places to go, but not being in class from 8am or whatever until 3pm frees up massive amounts of your time.  Even taking a fairly heavy class load I don't think I never felt like I didn't have enough time to juggle friends/class/homework

I don't agree Andrea. I go to college and start classes at 8:00am and finish at 5:00pm monday to friday. I also have to care for and ride my assessment horses (2 of them) every weekend and every week day (after hours!) not to mention looking after the stallions and serving broodmares (23), handling weanlings, prepping sale horses etc. etc. Plus I have to add in time with friends and some sort of social life.

because of this COLLEGE schedule FF is the only online game I have been able to continue playing because of the real life timeframe.

geez, I never noticed I done that much! man ... I gotta get a life! Well maybe I'm the only one that attends an Agricultural College. I could add more too now I think about it...

Shanthi, you've done a great job! Thanks a lot.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 01:21:14 PM »

Let's just agree to go with "college gives you a lot more flexibility, generally, in planning your time than high school".  (Since you can choose to have classes only 3 days a week, or only in the afternoons, etc.)  Obviously if you pick a lab-intensive major (animal science), it takes more time than if you're studying psychology or something.  Likewise, if you pick an extremely hard major (engineering), you will spend most of your time studying.

That said, as people have said, playing FF generally only takes about 30 minutes per week, so it's pretty easy to fit into any schedule.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: Time of the game « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Time of the game - Theme by Mustang Forums