Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 20, 2021 1:46pm

Final Furlong Forum - MSW's Worth The Risk and Worthy Sage retired...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 05:46:06 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: MSW's Worth The Risk and Worthy Sage retired...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MSW's Worth The Risk and Worthy Sage retired...  (Read 272 times)
CascadeJade
« on: June 05, 2007, 05:46:32 AM »

Hi All,
Today I made the difficult decision to retire my two geldings Worth The Risk and Worthy Sage. They're both 7 years old now and just haven't been able to maintain any sort of training schedule(their energy drops extremely easily and their fitness had been difficult at best to raise). I think that after winning 16 stakes races between the two of them(7 GI's) not only do they deserve a nice retirement but a nice little tribute post as well. These two well mannered gentlemen will join the ranks of MSW Dark Secret, SW Flyover and SW Over Done It who all still have part time "jobs" keeping the 2yo's in order at the training tracks as well as hopefully influencing the rowdy weanlings/yearlings in our pastures into behaving.

ICH.Worth The Risk
(What's It Worth x Ultimate Faith by Fallen Faith)
DOB: March 1, 2004
Chestnut gelding
Race Record: 43(32)-17(13)-10(8)-3(2)-3(3)     $2,545,500 *820pts
11 Speed Records (9-22furlongs)

This boy was bought as a 2yo for just 25k and went on to quickly earn it back for us! He was one of the most reliable horses I've ever owned (once he was gelded anyway)! He won such top steeplechase events as the GI Cheltenham Gold Cup(twice, consecutively!), the GI Morningstar Stakes(also twice!) as well as the Highland Rogue(GI) and Secret of Love(GI)!! Altogether, he won 11 graded stakes(2 ungraded) and defeated such champions as FFCh. Take Me To Hollywood, WCh.Black Magick, ICh.Crown Jewels,NCh.Void and NCh.Spellbound among many others in a 5year race career that included 11 speed records!

GCh.Worthy Sage
(What's It Worth x Sister Sage by Wise Sage)
DOB: January 7, 2004
Bay gelding
Race Record: 53(34)-7(4)-9(3)-8(7)-7(3)     $2,071,283 *447pts
1 Speed record

This boy may not have been as consistent as Risk, but when it counted he always seemed to come through and was still pretty consistent overall. As a 2yo he won the formerly GI rated $750,000 Black Tie Affair Memorial. At 3 and 4 he consistently finished in the money behind FF's best in many of the elite turf races until at 5, after a switch to SC, he started to win again eventually capturing the GI Breeder's Cup SC Classic, beating GCh.Mission Bay and GCh.Major's Flight.

Sucks to see them go but they deserve a good retirement. :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 05:51:48 AM by CascadeJade » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: MSW's Worth The Risk and Worthy Sage retired... « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, MSW's Worth The Risk and Worthy Sage retired... - Theme by Mustang Forums