Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 1:11am

Final Furlong Forum - Another Newbie

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 05:11:52 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Waiting Area  |  Topic: Another Newbie
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 1489 times)
Andrea
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 04:11:30 AM »

Oreos are basically just cookies that are a sandwich of chocolate cookie and very thick, preservative filled creme.  Hershey's chocolate is alright, but trust me, you guys have better stuff over there.  Do they still sell the Harry Potter chocolate frogs?  That's like... my fondest memory of my trip to Europe.  Buying chocolate frogs and getting the Wizard cards.  Don't know why they didn't bring those out over here. Ok, I guess visiting Scotland is my fondest memory, but I still have every single card I got while I was over there from the frogs...
Turquoise
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 01:20:55 PM »

Thanks everyone!  ;D Now that my stable is approved, I'm so excited!! You guys are right, the community & atmosphere here is just awesome!! Right now I'm trying to figure out where to locate my stable. After looking at the racing schedule and shipping costs, it looks like either near Aqueduct or Belmont is the most affordable. Before I decide, any suggestions anyone?  :) Also, I noticed in the racing alert, there is a claiming race, but the claiming price is half of my total money, so it probably isn't a good idea to blow half of my money already! But I probably should focus on getting to know my two horses and get the hang of things before I get more!

P.S.-Love the cookie & chocolate talk! lol :P
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:25:57 PM by Turquoise » Logged
Kitsufox
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 02:41:42 PM »

The New York Racing area is really nice for newbies, simply becuase there are 3 tracks all right their so shipping is cheep ;)
Belmont's racing season starts in September, so it's a good time to move into that area.
The area came to me recommended for those reasons, and I'm going to recommend it to you in turn for the same reason.
Turquoise
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »

Thanks!  :)
Bam
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 01:54:50 AM »

o.O Oreos... Oreos are LIFE! And rofl I probably put on weight too just typing about food D: But it's all good. Volleyball will keep me even! XD

I could probably eat a whole package of Oreos (double stuffed -- mmm) by myself. Just give me a gallon of whole milk for them and you're my best friend lmao.

And yes! As I was reading your post, Penny, I was thinking of sending you Oreos and Hershey bars!! Dark Chocolate is my favorite.

-really wants Oreos now-  -______________-

I'm in Saratoga -- However, anywhere in NY is great and Woodbine is right there too. =)
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »

Well at least i have some idea what they are now! and I love dark chocolate too - especially Belgian,  its so nice and not very sweet Mmm....

And as long as you don't go mad and leave the US seems like anywhere to have your stable is good - otherwise the shipping costs will bankrupt you!  :)
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 06:45:15 PM »

Oh dear sweet FSM give me that Belgian Dark NOW!!!!
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 07:54:24 PM »

Wow, Rainee is right. This is the biggest welcome I've seen in a while!  :D (though it was mostly chocolate/oreo talk.. XD)

Anyway, Shanthi, I think that extra-active-quick-acceptance is really cool. It makes things much more quick for the expectant, waiting boardies!

Good luck to you and your stable, Turquoise!  ;D
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Waiting Area  |  Topic: Another Newbie « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Another Newbie - Theme by Mustang Forums