Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 8:16pm

Final Furlong Forum - 2012 2yos to look out for?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 12:16:51 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: 2012 2yos to look out for?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 2yos to look out for?  (Read 1483 times)
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 01:07:20 AM »

Epona
(Irish River x Celtic Princess(G))
This is what happens when you are stupid and hit Breed This Foal without REALLY looking at the combo of genes you are putting together...yes both sire and dam of Epona are out of the same mare, Reine-de-Course Lymerick.  She'll be interesting to race, she could be amazing if she's not too breakable-I've seen recent combos this closely related that have worked out though so maybe I'll get lucky too. I wouldn't recommend it tho and I won't do it again-Epona(name curtesy of Rhi/Morning Star is the name of an Irish horse goddess) will require delicate handling.

GREAT name.  :)
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 12:00:15 AM »

Well by the time 2yos begin racing I will have played for a full year (How EXCITING!!) so this will be my first run the little stinkers but I think it will be great fun!! :)

I have four 2yos so far (and hoping to pick up many more in the auction and with claimers)-

Country Drive is a gorgeous nearly all black colt by Backseat Driver and out of Peace on Earth, a bronze rated created mare. He is 1/2 to SP GCh. Peace Dream, SP Iron Will, SP Wishful Thinking and MW MP 3yo Price of Peace.

Fatehasfoundme is cute little created filly that is already showing some attitude on the training track, so she should be fun!

Smoked Wood is by Gold rated Cigar and out of Gold rated Redwood Holly. I am really excited about this colt because all four of his 1/2 siblings that are racing are at least stakes placed. :)

Symbolic Sound is another little created filly who is being very sweet and cooperative with her jockey (thus far). We look forward to her being the first one out of that barn. :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 11:49:37 PM by rainee » Logged
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
Edgewood Stud
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »

We currently only have 3 - 2 year olds this year. They are of quality stock and the future of Edgewood Stud.

Showstopper
( What's it Worth x Time Out)
This is going to be a filly to watch for. She is out of Gold Rated Worth who needs no introduction and out of a gold rated mare that Edgewood Stud has once owned Time Out. Time Out has foaled such horses as Mr. Prospective,Buzz Out,North by northwest,Rainbow Time, Blu Highland, and Timed Light.

Lets Boogie
( What's it Worth x Dream Skipper)
I can't believe that I managed to hold on to this special colt. He is out of Gold Rated Worth who again needs no introduction and out of Gold rated Dream Skipper. Dream Skipper has foaled such horses as : Ch. Monopoly, NCH. Queen, Street Skipper,Ch, Skip it, Ch Asia- Her only Bay and Ch. Tap Dance. Dream Skipper has produced 2 millionaires and foal earnings of over $863,543 to date.

I'm Irish
( Irish River x Repunzel)
I have always wanted a Irish River foal and need some diversity in my breeding stock. So I decided to breed one of my best mares to him, Repunzel. Repunzel was one of my original horses and produced A.P Valentino, Oops, Subzero, Wayward Rogue, Privilage, Repunzels Pride.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  General/Questions  |  Topic: 2012 2yos to look out for? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2012 2yos to look out for? - Theme by Mustang Forums