Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 6:00pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/2/12

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 10:00:14 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/2/12
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/2/12  (Read 483 times)
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2008, 04:05:45 AM »

Fabulous day for the Hill. 

Long time maiden, Fool's Gold broke her maiden in her first start as a three year old.  Very pleased with him. 

Drowning did well in his stakes race in Australia, winning it nicely.  We're hoping to aim him for the Triple Crown.

two out, two wins.  Let's see how long we can keep that up.  :)
Andrea
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »

Well, I was pleased with my ponies until I saw how well Cat's did ;).

First out was veteran racer Spell Breaker, who's starting her 5yo season.  We've got several horses with similar bloodlines already in the broodmare shed, so we thought we'd see if she had another year left in her.  She gave a very nice performance to win her 5f Allowance on the Turf.  We'll see if she can keep it up.

Then stablemates Ecstasy and Gingham took to the track for their 3yo debut in an 8.5F allowance.  They didn't perform as well as we'd hoped... Ecstasy finished an ok 4th while SW Gingham led throughout before fading at the wire to finish 5th.  Perhaps we'll try adding some blinkers next time ;).

Unfaltering is begining to falter (hey, it had to be said...) as he started his 6yo season with a 9th place finish in an ungraded stakes.  He won the BC SC Endurance just over 2 months ago though, so we'll see if this was a fluke.

Magic Indy finished 2nd in the G3 Appleton stakes on the grass.  He seems to prefer the turf slightly so we may ship him to Ireland or England to try for their triple crowns later in the year.

And last, but certainly not least, 6yo mare Twin Pirate wired the 5f Survive Stakes out at Santa Anita.  We'll see if she can race out the year.  She's a created mare so we'd like some babies from her, but racing her is more fun. :)

So, not a bad start to 2012 for us. :)
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

Well we only managed to get one out this time :-\

Quiet Appeal came back after a long rest and pulled off a lovely 2nd in her allowance.  She's a little out of shape, as she was lightly raced as a 2yo, so we're very happy with this!
Maya
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »

My first starter in FF, Keep On Keepin', ran fourth in her debut, an 8F Maiden for 3+ F/M.  She didn't do as well as I was hoping for, but she earned back the entry fee, the jockey fee, and then some.  So I'm not complaining. :)
Mintano
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:15:24 PM »

Oh Rhett hasn't won a race since he broke his maiden over the fences, which was when he was a three year old, first start out as a five year old and he wires the field. Good boy. 1st/6.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/2/12 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/2/12 - Theme by Mustang Forums