Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 5:58pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/5

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 09:58:29 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/5
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/5  (Read 578 times)
skyclad
1/5
« on: January 05, 2008, 11:54:57 PM »

Whee! Haven't had any of our ponies out at Santa Anita since last January or so, and on the spur of the moment decided to send a couple of boys out there. It paid off!

Out first, Hit Jackpot brought home second in his turf sprint allowance by a nose. It's his best start for us since we bought him last August. Having just turned 6, we're very proud of him!

Out next was one of my starters, Iglesias. He hasn't raced in a while and for the new year I thought, "Why not put him in a stakes?" He outperformed my expectations and brought home a first in the Grade 2 San Pasqual Handicap! He also become a Champion today!

Very good day for us. :)
TLawrence
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »

Sent two out, and both did great. Countess won her NW2 and Doyoubelievenmagic came second in a NW1. Woo!
JasonCameron
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »

Vivanancyv was third in her NW1 allowance.
While It Lasts won her allowance.
Allure was third in the Warwick Stakes.

For $5,000, we claimed Peer To Peer who won her claiming race. She a 3-Y-O filly by I'm A Classic who is now 4-1-2-0-1.
Nan
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 03:23:45 AM »

Believe In Love started us out in good style by winning his SC allowance. He shall get sugar and pets!

On a whim, I put in a claim for Jazz Sonnet. I like his name. :) He has a decent enough record...he was 4th of 6 in this race. We'll see how he fits in.
Kay
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:19:10 PM »

We only had one racer out today at Aqueduct.

Smooth Coverup placed 3rd/9 in Race #1, a Maiden race. He has yet to win, but he hasn't been off the board yet, which is a good sign, I suppose. It was only his second time out.

We also claimed Baal for $15,000. He placed 2nd/6 in his claiming race. It was his first steeplechase, and a fairly good sign. He is now 6-0-1-0-5. He had never placed lower than 4th previously.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 09:16:57 PM »

Ivy Creek sent out only one runner today (funds were tight thanks to the tax bug):

Now 5YO Keria Toon has ensured herself a place in our racing string for the upcoming year (barring any major injury, eep!).  She (along with another of our 5YO mares, Madd Karol) is wayyyy too reliable as a moneymaker to retire anytime soon.  Sure enough, she came home 1st/6 in her Starter Allowance this day!  Her record is now 7 (4-2-1-0).  Woot.  Maybe we'll find a stakes race for older mares later in the year...?  Here's hoping!
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: GCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Moochi
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 02:59:15 PM »

A bit late, but...

One horse out! BornAPrincess won her allowance... Her first as a 3yo. Wow, wow, wow. :o We'll see if we can't fiddle around with her distance a bit to see what she's capable of...

P.S. Yaaaaay for Ivy Creek and the horse I helped name!!! (LOL)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/5 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/5 - Theme by Mustang Forums