Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 6:18pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/16

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 10:18:13 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/16
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/16  (Read 732 times)
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:52:47 AM »

Not a bad day for Ivy Creek at all...   :)

New purchase, now 5YO Wonderful News, brought home a decent 4th/6.  I'm happy with that.  Now let's see if we can't improve upon that...  (Also, he beat out stablemate Slew Copy, who is currently leased out to hopefully hit 10 races and be retired to brood status.)

Madd Karol, now 5YO, decided to follow her stablemate Keria Toon's example in proving to us wholeheartedly that they wanted another year of racing instead of retiring to the breeding shed just yet.  Just like Keria Toon, Karol came home a brilliant 1st/14.  Woohoo!  As much as I want a baby from her, I can't wait to see what she does on the track in 2012!  SC stud owners beware - when she retires to brood, only the best will do!

Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Nan
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:59:47 AM »

Evil Omen was 3rd of 7 in an NW2.

Compass placed 2nd in his race.

Cat Burglar and League Of My Own both tanked in the Gr. 3 Aqueduct Handicap, placing 6th and 8th, respectively.

We also claimed Heza True Dasher, who is 2 for 2 so far (though it helped that he was only up against one other horse today). Here's  hoping he settles in well with us.
shortstuff
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »

My first race in this game and.....
Momma's Gift came in second ;D
Mintano
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:35:35 PM »

Sleipnirdid well in his 4yo debut, he ran in the GIII Aqueduct Handicap today and ran a solid 3rd/14th. He might have one more prep before we send him to run in the Donn.

After 20 attempts at breaking her maiden on the flat, we sent out Kill A Mockingbird in a NW1 steeplechase today and she loved it, running across the wire in front. 1st/6.

gustyacres
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »

Let's see...

I'm No Lemon and Day Trick both went into an open SC allowance that turned out to be a tough full field.  The finished 10th and 11th respectively.

Player went out in the Tramway Handicapp.  I was hoping this would have been a soft spot for him but the field turned out to be pretty tough so I was happy with his 5th place finish.

I also picked up Three AM, a 4 y/o mare, from a $5,000 claimer.  She was undefeated at 3 for 3 going into the race and finished 3rd.  I think she'll be a nice racemare.

The claiming code has been kind to me recently, I've also picked up Slight Edge for $5,000 who posts a perfect 2 for 2 record, and Touch Football with is MW, MP.  Hopefully these guys will run well for me :)
kibs
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 02:50:00 AM »

Heatseeker made this Stables very first start.  And brought home this Stables very first win.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 01:28:53 PM »

Congrats on your first win! :)
Supernovaa Thoroughbreds
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Supernovaa Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:34:33 PM »

St. Paddy's Manhad his first start in 2012. He won the GII Santa Catalina Stakes :) Very excited about this one.

Lite the Phoenix came 4th out of 6 in his allowance.
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 01:13:57 AM »

Not the greatest day, but we've had such good luck lately.. it had to happen sometime!  ;D

Five Minutes Early and Pontif ran in the same NW3 race for 3yos. They took the two last places of the six competitors, Five Minutes Early taking fifth and Pontif taking sixth. It's okay, I've still got time to figure these boys out.  :)
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/16 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/16 - Theme by Mustang Forums