Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 1:18am

Final Furlong Forum - 1/19

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 05:18:03 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/19
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/19  (Read 485 times)
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:40:45 AM »

Great day for us today!

First out was 3YO Star of the Show with her first start for us, coming home 3rd/8.  Not a bad start!  We're still getting to know this gal, so hopefully things can only improve!

Up next was 4YO My Return who followed suit, finishing 3rd/8 as well in his race.  He's become really consistantly in the money for some reason, although he's not a fan of the winner's circle.  He was one of my starters.   ;D

Last but certainly not least was 3YO Magic Flyer who led his race wire to wire.  Maybe we ought to think about campaigning this boy in some stakes!  He's pretty good at what he does...  He's only been out of the money once in 12 starts...with 5 of those being wins!
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »

Hrmm.. I don't know about this guy.

Turbo Charge, my only steepchaser, is 8 years old. I ran him in an Allowance, and he placed last out of eight horses. I think I'm going to retire him. He seems to be over the hill.

Do you all think I should retire him? (I'm nervous, he's my only old horse.. I've never retired anyone before.)
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Nan
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:33:09 PM »

It was a bit of an eventful day, here...

West Tower was 6th of 12.

Indian Summer was 5th of 8.

Mercury Rising was 4th of 9.

Shezamazing was 3rd of 7.

and Zoo Music Girl won her NW3 allowance, beating some nice fillies. Good girl!

We also managed to claim Optimistic, who won her race as well. In addition to winning 3 colts at auction...so I have plenty of new ponies to play with...  :o  ;)

Freedom, he is getting up there in years...if he hasn't been doing well, it may be that he's wanting to retire. If that's the case then don't have any guilt about letting him enjoy green grass and sunshine from now on. :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 07:34:41 PM by Nan » Logged
CascadeJade
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »

Hrmm.. I don't know about this guy.

Turbo Charge, my only steepchaser, is 8 years old. I ran him in an Allowance, and he placed last out of eight horses. I think I'm going to retire him. He seems to be over the hill.

Do you all think I should retire him? (I'm nervous, he's my only old horse.. I've never retired anyone before.)

I would say at 8yrs old he's probably over the hill and he won't be earning you much if any. Retirement, however, doesn't cost you anything. :) In 5yrs of racing he's done quite a bit(5SW and nearly 1 million in earnings) so I'd say he's probably earned a good retirement. Its too bad he wasn't raced more in his prime(I know you didn't have him then) because with only 30 starts he did quite a bit.
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:10:28 AM »

Thank you for the advice! He's coming home and will be sent to the pasture to spend his days in the green grass and sunshine.  ;D
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/19 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/19 - Theme by Mustang Forums