Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 19, 2021 12:53pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/26

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 04:53:31 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/26
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/26  (Read 530 times)
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »

We've never had this many racers on the same day! It's so exciting to see my stable grow!  ;D

Miracle On Ice ran in a 9f Allowance for 4yo+ in a feild of fourteen competitors. I've taken note of his decent lines, so had high hopes. He placed sixth. I'm not disappointed in him.

Kickstand Kelli ran in an 8f Maiden for 3yo with 13 horses on the track. He did very well, placing third. I'm happy with his performance. Wild Rebel, the first baby Freedom Acres has ever had, ran in the same race. He managed to break his maiden! I'm very excited for him! I'm proud of both of these two boys.

My good old Unabridged ran in 9f Gr. 1 Barretts Stakes for 4yo+, and I had high expectations for him. There were 14 other horses in this race for him to beat, but I had faith in his consistancy. He broke out of the gait at tenth place and mantained his position the entire race. I'm disappointed, but still proud of him. He's our only grand champion running out there for us, and has been doing extremely well before today!
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:43:33 AM »

Awesome, AWESOME day for Ivy Creek:

First out was now-5YO Keria Toon.  Boy, did she want to make her aversion to the breeding shed known!  She grabbed the bit to storm home 1st/6, leaving her undefeated in 2 starts so far this year.   :o  Wow.  It's shaping up to be quite a year for her...and we can't even THINK of retiring her now!

Next up was newly claimed Sunday Silence son, 4YO Remembrance.  Not to be outdone, he too charged home 1st/6.  What a guy!  Now if only he were younger...*slips into daydream mode*  But he's not over the hill yet!  Can't wait to see what this guy can do with more fiddling (and possible *gulp* gelding...).
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

WAHOOO!!!

I also just noticed that, thanks to today's earnings, Ivy Creek Farm has officially reached over $1 million in cumulative earnings.   ;D  And in less than a year!  I still have about 3 weeks left in my first full year of playing.   :)  I thought I'd never hit that point!
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Lady Vicissitive
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:48:26 AM »

WAHOOO!!!

I also just noticed that, thanks to today's earnings, Ivy Creek Farm has officially reached over $1 million in cumulative earnings.   ;D  And in less than a year!  I still have about 3 weeks left in my first full year of playing.   :)  I thought I'd never hit that point!

Congratulations , I'm impressed :)

For Dragonsden, we had our most recently claimed 3yo boy Golden Jazz (Jazz It Up x Gold Rush) break his maiden in his first start with us. We're pretty pleased because he was a cheap $5000 to claim and we'll think he'll do pretty well in the future.
Moochi
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:05:31 AM »

Only horse out for AA was one of our starters from way back, "Muse" AKA MusicboxDancer, who won her race. Sigh. Things are going wonderfully. :P I have hope for this year... Yay.

AND CONGRATS TO IVY CREEK FARM! :D Go Alyssa! You're on FIRE! ;D Sniffle... :'( They grow up so fast...  ;)
Nan
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 03:39:25 AM »

Northern Gentleman was 2nd in an NW1...He was beaten by a horse named Chicken Express. That cracks me up.

Tuesday Afternoon was 8th in an NW2. Hrm.

Master & Commander and Touchstone both ran in an allowance...Master was 11th, and Stone placed 2nd, beaten only by his old stablemate, Desperado.

Tar Nation was 8th in his maiden. Back to the drawing board, there.

and Indian Summer placed 3rd in an NW3.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/26 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/26 - Theme by Mustang Forums