Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 19, 2021 9:14pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/30

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:14:49 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/30
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/30  (Read 519 times)
gustyacres
« on: January 31, 2008, 12:00:01 AM »

Had an absolutely fantastic day!

Westerner wired his Allowance getting his first win in over a year!  He finished 2nd so many times last year, it was nice to see him win.  The win also gave him his champion status.

Slight Edge, who I picked up in a $5,000 claimer last time out, was undefeated going into the GIII Spring Stakes in which he ran a very, very nice 3rd against some nice horses.  This was only his 3rd lifetime start, and his first for me.  I'm expecting great things from this guy!

Finally, Player, who I bought for a mere $1,000 at the Mixed Auction last July, became a Stakes winner today in the GIII Newcastle Gold Cup.  It was a fantastic and very close race, but he jumped up and won it for us in the end.  The win gave him his championship status, too.  Believe it or not, this was only my 3rd stakes win in over 2 years of FF, but I've done some major reorganizing in the last couple weeks and, although its early, it appears it may be paying off!

So, absolutely fantastic day here!
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 12:11:07 AM »

Outlaws Inc is finaly back into racing after a month-long rest and things are starting off well!

Sakana was the only horse we put out today.  This 4yo came off of a long rest to managed a lovely 2nd in his allowance.  He was in 5th place with only 1.5f left to go and powered up to manage a second against a very strong Femme Fatale.  He was a little unfit, so this proves to me that he still has some power left in him.
Nan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 01:11:19 AM »

Well...

Compass won his allowance today, even if it was only because the other horses who pulled ahead got even more tired than he did. I'm glad he had the heart to hold on.

Limite Du Retour was 6th of 8 in an allowance at Santa Anita...he also faded sharply.

Born To Run was a dismal 13th of 14 in the ungr. Paumonak Stakes. The lad is sticking to turf from now on.
Moochi
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 04:04:52 AM »

Glad to see some good news for the most part! Congrats to everyone!

Today was jump-up-and-down-run-around-in-circles awesome for Artful Acres ;D

AA claimed Forsaken Art, a very pretty 2007 mare by Artax (insert gleeful cheer here!) out of Do Not Forsake Me. Though we had nothing to do with it, we are proud to state that she also placed 2nd in her claiming race--and we hope that's just an introduction to the fun to come. :) (We seriously want to breed her to see what we get, but we'll try to be patient until she tells us she's ready to retire to the shed ;) )

Not to be outdone, BornAPrincess AKA "Suri"--AA's first claimed horse EVER--WON the 8.5 f Dave Feldman Stakes for 3yo on Turf. Ungraded, but still... HOLY POTATOES. Think she liked the distance...? Or maybe just the turf? In any case--YAY. One step closer to figuring her out, and BONUS for making this one thoroughly awesome day ;3
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »

Not a bad week, but a bit disappointing all the same.  I think my 3yo colts are intent on breaking my heart.

Catwoman has been off and on.  I'm thinking she just needs mega-distance to be happy.  Funny that most of her earnings are from under a mile, back from when she was a 2yo.  She came in 4th, so that's a paycheck for her.  If she doesn't perk up soon, she may be retired sooner than later.

Firmament, full sib to NCh. Brilliant Gold, won her allowance nicely.  Very pleased with her, and we're going to try and find some nice stakes.

Magic's Promise had a really nice showing, winning his NW3 allowance and breaking his maiden at the same time.

It's official.  I've jinxed my Derby-hopefuls.  McTaggert came in a disappointing 6th in his stakes start.  I'm hoping he just wants a longer distance.  Please let it be that. 

Snips and Snails and Not Another Mare ran in the same race, coming in 3rd and 7th respectively.

ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 04:38:09 AM »

A bittersweet day for Ivy Creek:

We only sent out 1 runner today, typically-consistant 3YO Heroic Acts.  Given his love of crossing the wire first/second in turf sprints, we took a gamble and entered him in the 6f ungraded Paumonok Handicap.  He was outclassed, but gamely came in mid-pack at 8/14.  We're disappointed, but still proud of our boy for showing such heart.

We put in a claim on a Laird daughter, and were successful!  So we got to bring home the lovely 3YO Highland Treasure today.  Unfortunately, she only placed 5th/6 in her claiming race, but it was on turf.  On dirt, she's been undefeated in non-stakes races.  We're excited to have a DIRT filly in our barn!  Most of our girls love the turf (*cough**cough* KIASPORT *cough*).  A dirt-loving future brood is a welcome addition!
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/30 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/30 - Theme by Mustang Forums