Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 20, 2021 4:24am

Final Furlong Forum - 2/2

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 08:24:16 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/2  (Read 527 times)
skyclad
2/2
« on: February 02, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »

Feels like I had half the barn out today...(it was really more like a third :) ).

First out was Kentucky Bourbon, a nice little mare that I bought at auction last year. She's been consistently third in most of her starts, but today brought home a win in an allowance.

Next out was Gone Punk, one of my three year olds. She remained consistent as well, placing dead last in her allowance.

All Hail and Devilish Truth, both leases, came in 2nd and 5th in their allowance, respectively.

Red Legs brought home another win in his allowance. We may have to try a stakes for him soon.

Say You Will, another three year old, placed 4th in her allowance. Wish I could figure her out...

Finally, another lease, Wildforthegirls, brought home a 3rd in his allowance.

A pretty decent day for us. :)
Nan
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

I just sent one out today, but came back with two.

Wrapped Around placed 3rd of 6 in an allowance.

I claimed Marvelous Markus, because I made up his pedigree and he's named after a friend of mine. Silly, yes. He has a pretty decent record so far, with a win and today's show already this year, so I'm hoping that he will do well under my colors.
Brenda
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »

This is my first time posting here.

I sent out 10 and came back with 11.  All 10 did really good for having over a month off.  All but 4 placed in the $$.  My new filly, More Than Risky, was born on my B-Day(3/22) and I wanted her for that. She has a fairly decent record and that helped.

The ones I am proud of are:

Life of the Party: He won a 15.5f $65,000 Alw race and earned a nice SF of 107

Last Account: Won a 7f $70,000 Alw race and is a really nice 3 yo filly. She is out of my favorite RL mare, Pin Account, who I used to work with when she was a broodmare.  I think "Lacey" will try a Stakes race now.  She has really proven herself to me and deserves a chance.

Last but not least:
Accepted Place: She is my "starter" mare. She is 5 pts shy of hers and my, 1st Championship.  She has earned hers by running in all Alw races, except for a couple of my booboo's in Stakes races. Ran her over her head.
Mintano
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 09:56:03 PM »

After a well deserved months rest back at the farm, Soviet Nights went out in the GIII Herecomesthebride Stakes and won easily. 1st/10
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 12:47:28 AM »

Good week.  We walked away with another claimer...I'm a sucker for fillies with nice race records.  Sultry Woman had a strong showing as a 3yo, with a race record 8 6-0-1-1.  Not bad for an FF pony.  I'm hoping she'll be good for another season and then foal pretty jumping babies. 

Continental and Fool's Gold went out at 8f in an NW3.  Continental came in a closing 3rd.  Fool's Gold came in 11th.

Spirit of Love fought it out with the boys and came out on top.  In the final furlong it was a 4 way or 5 way dead heat, but Spirit strapped on some rockets and pulled away for the win.

Premiere and Unnamed came in 10th and 11th in their same meeting.  Disappointing.

Assault By Numbers has been doing well.  She lead most of the way and at the final pole she dropped to 4th and we thought it was all over.  Well, she showed us and came away with the win!

Fear Factor enjoyed a promising start to the season, winning his first stakes.  I'm hoping this is the start of a kick-ass season.

TLawrence
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 12:52:04 AM »

Wimbledon won an endurance dirt NW2. Liking this.

Obcityian came third, also in a very long race on the turf.

Southern Treasure came third in the Correction Stakes.

Rest came nowhere :(
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 01:32:57 AM »

Our first out of the year and surprise surprise. He bombed-but at least he wasn't last! :)
Closing Scene was 6th in his allowance.
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
Andrea
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 02:32:08 AM »

Sent two out in the same race...

Gingham recovered some of her 2yo form by winning her NW3 allowance after an off-the-board finish in her first start of the year.  Not sure what she liked better about this race.

Penny Lane didn't do quite so well in the same race, finishing 10th.  She's just now starting to mature so we'll give her some extra workouts and fiddle with equipment and hope we find out her running style before her next outing.
Moochi
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 04:34:54 AM »

Congrats for the claim on Sultry Woman, Cat! I put a claim on her too, but I definitely have been going a tad crazy with all the claiming lately, so the fact that I didn't win another claim is probably damage-control for me :P Hope she does well for you (and if you're ever in the mood to sell her... Lol )! ;D

In other news, AA had one out today for the home-team... First claimed horse this year and first claimed stallion for AA, the fabulous 5 yo Secret View, placed 2nd to the awesomeness of Red Legs in an 11f allowance on dirt. :D REALLY, SUPER happy with how he did today. However, we may geld him in the near future... (gulp)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/2 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2/2 - Theme by Mustang Forums