Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 12:35pm

Final Furlong Forum - 2/6

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:35:34 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/6
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/6  (Read 641 times)
turtlefirOXO
2/6
« on: February 06, 2008, 11:58:55 PM »

well it was my first race ever!!

Paris Grace
2/6/12 Aqueduct #1: 10.5f Maiden for 4yo+ (Turf) - 5th/6
I guess she does better at shorter distances!! well you race and learn i guess
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 12:31:59 AM »

Heh.  A not so great week, considering the number we sent out and the number of paychecks.

Mocktail maxed out on the distance and lost in the final furlong after leading the entire way.   11 furlongs is too long.  So noted.  Came in 12/14.

Claimed Contemptable Dream doesn't like the turf.  Or she wants distance.  Six of one, half dozen of the other.  7/11.  One Star Affair was a closing 3rd.

Long Live the King won another stakes, giving him 3 stakes wins and 7 more to go.  He's a son of Bold Ruler....so, well, I don't want to jinx him.  Singinintherain was out of the money in the same race.  Maybe she's too old, maybe she didn't like the company.
Sorceress Edea
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:35:37 AM »

Only one out today, racing light these days ::)

Crestfallen went out for the first time of her 3yo season and really did us proud.  This tall, pretty filly brought us home a 2nd in a field of 6 in her allowance, continuing to show the consistent streak that she held as a 2yo.  Crestfallen will rest for a while as we determine a course of action fo her, but she will likely be hitting up at least one stakes in the future!
kibs
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 12:53:30 AM »

Heatseeker goes 2 for 2. Added distance to him for his second outing, Aqueduct #38.
Nan
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 01:35:37 AM »

Big Spender was 11th of 14 in an allowance.

Our other runner was Colors Of Fire. I saw him on the sales page a couple of months back, and couldn't pass up the chance to own a son of both Phoenix AND Rainbow Quest. He'd suffered a bowed tendon, so I made myself be patient and let him rest a bit, then trained him up, more to make sure he was feeling okay...he stayed pretty fit during his time off. It was hard to wait, though. Today he ran in his first race of the year, and managed to dig in and hold on enough to win it! I'm so very proud!
Maviko
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »

Well our money winner Unique Opportunity is going into his 5 YO year with a great start, a stakes win last month and a nice allowance win in a field of 14 today. The Ways of Magic was picked up in a claiming last month and pulled off a nice third in his first race with us.  A good day all round with our boys, which is good since the girls have been lacking so far this year.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 01:56:30 AM »

Congrats on COF's win. :)  It's always nice to bring horses back from injury successfully, and to figure out new horses.
CascadeJade
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 02:23:39 AM »

Great job bringing COF back! I hope he does well for you!!!
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 05:04:03 AM »

Apparently our horses are on strike this week...hopefully that phase passes soon.   ::)

6YO I Put A Spell On U came home 7th/7 in her maiden...but we expected that.  She's over the hill and/or hates SC (she's never run on the flat).  One more race to go, and she'll be retired to motherhood.  Hopefully she'll take to that a bit better than SC.  5YO Wonderful News was 4th/7 in the same race, making a late bid in the last furlong or so.  Maybe he just wants more room to run.  Hrm.

Then we took a gamble on our newly-claimed, consistant 3YO allowance filly, Blueyesnlevis, in the ungraded Old Hat Stakes.  She responded in turn by saying she is NOT a stakes type of gal, coming home 9th/10.  But hey - at least she wasn't last!  Ha.  Back to allowance company, then.

Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
rebelrun
Jockey

Stable Name: Coleman Branch

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 02:18:58 PM »

Of the five Coleman Branch sent out yesterday, only The Fugitive ran in the money, finishing a pretty decisive 3rd of 7 on a 7.5f Allowance. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:08:42 PM by rebelrun » Logged
Andrea
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »

One out, one winner.

Prospero took the lead as they turned for home in the G2. San Vincent and never looked back.  Now we just have to pick a Triple Crown for him.  He's more of a turf horse (only one start on dirt) so we'll probably ship him over to Europe and try to defend our English TC title.  If I remember I'll give him another dirt start, just to check.  A "real" Derby starter would be much more fun...
Nan
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:34 PM »

Aw, thanks guys! I thought of you Jade, seeing as you bred him, and hoped that his win would give you some warm fuzzies. :)
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 04:38:59 PM »

Bluk!! Really bad day here!

Please Hold finished 9th/14. He just didn't fire.

Man of Few Words, the formerly consistent stallion, now seems to be a prime candidate for gelding finishing 5th/6.
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/6 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2/6 - Theme by Mustang Forums