Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 21, 2021 5:21am

Final Furlong Forum - 2/9

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:21:41 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/9
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/9  (Read 803 times)
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
2/9
« on: February 09, 2008, 04:29:09 PM »

Decent Day here!

Sudden Flame, one of our new leases went out his first time and finished 5th/6, but he did lead the race by 25 lengths at the 12f mark....so maybe we just ran him too long or we didn't have the right equipment on. Still proud of this guy tho. He's trying and that's what counts! :)

Tawriffic Tiger continues to impress after being unplaced in 17 starts in 2010/2011, and pulling in a surprising 2nd in his last start last year he makes his debut this year a lovely 3rd place finish over 14f. So he likes distance!! :)

We're still waiting to see if we win the claim we put in, which should run in about 4 races. :)

Edit-No claim. :( Better Luck next time. :)

« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:01:05 PM by rainee » Logged
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 04:48:03 PM »

Not a bad day.  Just allowance ponies out, but still... =)

Not Another Mare came in 5th, but was 1st at the 6f mark and then lost the lead and the place and the show and the 4th to come in 5th.  The girl tries. 

Snips and Snails and 5 O'Clock Shadow went out in the same race.  Snippy came in for the win with a very respectably SF of 100.  This filly's really looking nice. 

Evil Eye has really come into his own, winning his 2nd race of the year after a winless 3yo season.  Unfortunately for us, it seems he likes dirt AND super crazy long distance, of which the races are few and far between.  He'd be a GREAT candidate for SC, but it doesn't seem he likes the turf much.  Poo.

skyclad
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 05:07:38 PM »

An okay day for us.

Crytpotrick went out in a maiden and came home 7/14, but she did actually have a decent break this time, so maybe she's improving? :)

Recent purchase Western Tiger won his NW1, wiring it by 17. It seems as though I've found another turf pony.
Maviko
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »

Livingonaprayer continues to make me happy by taking a 3rd in a field of 14. She's not going to be a great runner but she's showing some great potential. She held the third through the race but dropped to 12th at the 6f mark before reclaiming 3rd place.... weird but she's got drive I suppose!
rebelrun
Jockey

Stable Name: Coleman Branch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »

Another somewhat disappointing day for Coleman Branch.  Sent out two, Southern Brother and Banjo Pickin', who finished 5th and 10th in their G2s, respectively.  Came home with a claimer, Highland Gamble, who ran 3rd.
JasonCameron
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 05:16:54 PM »

26 - NW1 Allowance - Outflanked - 6th
26 - NW1 Allowance - Sweet Sayings - 2nd :)
37 - NW3 Allowance - Torrid - 5th
37 - NW3 Allowance - Unshakeable - 1st :)
41 - NW2 Allowance - Finest Flyer - 6th
48 - Gr. 3 Tranquil Star Stakes - Vivanancyv - 4th
50 - Gr. 2 Moonee Valley Stakes - Dashing Illusions - 4th
50 - Gr. 2 Moonee Valley Stakes - Peer To Peer - 2nd :)
50 - Gr. 2 Moonee Valley Stakes - So Assertive   SR - 3rd :)

Pretty good day for me. Really happy with Unshakeable's win and Peer To Peer's place (she was a cheap claimer). I'm getting annoyed about not being able to covert more of my seconds, thirds and fourths into better results though. I can only seem to get mine to place at best! My win percentage is 9%, second is 19%, third is 17% and fourth is 15%. ???
kibs
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 10:45:50 PM »

Unparalleled took home this stables 3rd victory in 3 starts. Did it nicely with a 103 SF.
CascadeJade
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 11:26:36 PM »

Unparalleled took home this stables 3rd victory in 3 starts. Did it nicely with a 103 SF.

Wow, impressive streak! Not that it looks like you need it but good luck keeping it up!!
Nan
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 01:46:21 AM »

Today was purty dismal. Dr. Carson was 11th in a maiden, West Tower was 9th in an NW1, and Indian Summer was our best finisher of the day at 4th in an NW3. Ah well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:48:35 AM by Nan » Logged
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 02:15:46 AM »

After a dismal raceday last time, I'm pleased to say we're back on a roll today:

4YO starter horse, My Return had the worst finish of the day, 5th/7.  He prefers about a mile distance, and we sent him out in a 14f to see if he'd take to it.  The results are pretty clear: he broke 3rd and held it through the 8f pole, but had dropped to 5th by the 10f pole.  I get it, Rhett.  Back to shorter distances.

Newly claimed 3YO Star of the Show ran 3rd/11 in her NW3.  I'm very pleased with this girl.   :)  She's got a great record, so I'm glad to see her continuing to come home in the money.  She had us worried though - she broke 3rd, dropped to 7th @ the 4f pole, but was back to 3rd by the 5f finish line.  Weird...but glad to know she can (and WILL) really dig in to win it!

4YO Remembrance is proving to be one of our best runners: he finished 2nd/14 in his $60k Allowance, beating horses such as 5YO MSW NCh. Black Light II, 4YO MSW Ch. Yes Its Paddy, 5YO MSW NCh. Style Street, 4YO MSW Ch. Buccaneer, 4YO MSW Ch. Subzero Justice, 4YO MSP Ch. Ain't Misbehavin', 4YO MSP Ch. No Authority.  Oh how I wish, wish, WISH this Sunday Silence son (from a Cigar mare) were younger!!!  I think he could have had a real shot at qualifying for stud with the right campaigning.  Maybe there's still hope...?  It's doubtful, but wouldn't that be grand!  It's nice to dream.

Up next was our new "old man" (after 8YO No Goody Clone retired recently), 6YO Trophy.  Following in Goody's footsteps, he set out to prove that age is irrelevant, finishing a game 3rd/10.  What a guy!  He'll definitely live out the remainder of his days at Ivy Creek - he's earned it.

Not to be outdone, 5YO Keria Toon ran 2nd/7 in her NW3.  I don't think I could ever cease to be amazed at her consistancy.  That brings her 2012 record to 3 (2-1-0-0), and her lifetime record to 9 (3-5-1-0).  I'm SO grateful to have this mare in my stable!  The only horse to beat her today was MSP Hard On The Heart, both with the same SF, and Carrie finishing only 3/4 of a length behind.  And for a code on crack, that's CLOSE!  I'd really, really love to find a suitable stakes for older mares to run her in...

As for percentages, we've been doing REALLY well this year.  Of course, that will more than likely drop rapidly once the 2YOs enter the scene...but for now, we're sitting pretty at 16% wins, 6% places (the opposite of place-itis?), 23% shows, and 6% fourths.  Apparently we've got an aversion to even-numbered finishes...which is fine by me so long as we opt for more wins!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 02:20:17 AM by ivycreekfarm » Logged
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
CascadeJade
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 03:47:12 AM »

After a dismal raceday last time, I'm pleased to say we're back on a roll today:

4YO Remembrance is proving to be one of our best runners: he finished 2nd/14 in his $60k Allowance, beating horses such as 5YO MSW NCh. Black Light II, 4YO MSW Ch. Yes Its Paddy, 5YO MSW NCh. Style Street, 4YO MSW Ch. Buccaneer, 4YO MSW Ch. Subzero Justice, 4YO MSP Ch. Ain't Misbehavin', 4YO MSP Ch. No Authority.  Oh how I wish, wish, WISH this Sunday Silence son (from a Cigar mare) were younger!!!  I think he could have had a real shot at qualifying for stud with the right campaigning.  Maybe there's still hope...?  It's doubtful, but wouldn't that be grand!  It's nice to dream.

WCh.Double Cross comes to mind about your comment of wishing Remembrance was younger...check out his race record(name linked), he won his first stakes at 4yrs old and kept going from there until he was 6 with 12 stakes wins total. That said Double Cross was a bit of a rarity and I'm a big fan of gelding since it does WONDERS for a colt's performance(allowance horses become stakes winners is the kind of improvement in my experience-they're suddenly focused and consistent)...but its something for you to think about since you'd like to qualify him :)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:51:33 AM by CascadeJade » Logged
ashlee118
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2008, 04:35:32 AM »

okish day here had 6 out

first out was Kitty's Legend who is currently being leased from Good Company Stables, she seemd to like her little break and came home with the win in her s/c allowance.

Next out Exorcist and Ultimate Awe stepped out in their allowance in such a huge field both were assigned new jockeys, and after a long break both needed the run finishing 9th and 10th/14.

Flying on Clouds has seem to come into his own last year and seems to really be appriciating the long distances and pulled out a win in his 11.5f allowance super happy with him.

Best result of the day for us was in the Gr. 3 Sabin Handicap we entered Candy Girl she has been super consitant as a 2yo and threw her in to see is she could step up to stks grade and she ran huge race finishing 2nd behind a nice filly Gypsy Feet.

Dynamic Match then stepped out in the Gr. 2 San Antonio Handicap and finished 5th she was going into the race off a break with little fitness under her so the run will do her well, also inthe money so cant complain.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 01:35:07 AM »

WCh.Double Cross comes to mind about your comment of wishing Remembrance was younger...check out his race record(name linked), he won his first stakes at 4yrs old and kept going from there until he was 6 with 12 stakes wins total. That said Double Cross was a bit of a rarity and I'm a big fan of gelding since it does WONDERS for a colt's performance(allowance horses become stakes winners is the kind of improvement in my experience-they're suddenly focused and consistent)...but its something for you to think about since you'd like to qualify him

Thanks for the heads up!  That makes me a bit more hopeful...although I realize the idea is far-fetched.  If he were a Worth son or something, I'd probably go straight to gelding...but I absolutely LOVE Sunday Silence, and with him retired now, and with no sons at stud yet...maybe it's worth a gamble.  Worst case scenario, he sucks at the stakes I strategically enter him in, and becomes my newest gelding.   :P
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 01:45:29 AM »

DC was a bit of a surprise...obviously he had the talent/bloodlines to win, but he was definitely a late bloomer. :)

I think a Sunday Silence/Cigar stud would be really pretty.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/9 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2/9 - Theme by Mustang Forums