Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 12:05pm

Final Furlong Forum - 2/13

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 04:05:24 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/13
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/13  (Read 768 times)
Mintano
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:29:36 AM »

Only performance I feel like reporting was Highest Calling wiring a NW3 Allowance field. If I can find one I might enter him in a small stakes next time out. See how he fares.
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 02:36:57 AM »

Yay! We sent one out today and he camr in 3rd in his allowance! :) He led for 6 of the 7.5f so maybe a little shorter. :)
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
gustyacres
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:42:50 AM »

Easy A was up first.  He ran 5th of 6 in his allowance.

Secret Letter was out next.  He ran 3rd of 6 in his allowance.  He was in front at the sixteenth pole, but got beaten out.

Finally, Player ran a huge race in the GIII Colin Stephen Handicapp to get the win.  This is his second stakes in row and I am very very excited about the way his 5 year old campaign is going thus far!
skyclad
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:48:16 AM »

Sent out Close Enough first in a NW3, he came back in second. He seems to have a case of placeitis or something.

Silver Victor was out next in an allowance, he placed 5/6. But he held on to second until two furlongs before the wire so he didn't do that badly. :)

Finally Crash Collision went out in a 10f maiden and finished last. I think this old boy is over the hill, but we'll give him a few more shots.
Nan
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 03:34:05 AM »

A day of ups and downs here...

Heza True Dasher faded sharply in the stretch to finish 5th of 6. We'll try to pare the distance back next time and hopefully he'll do better.

Shezamazing put in a great performance, dominating her NW2...good girl!

Optimistic was entered in the ungr. Dearly Precious Stakes...we were a little too optimistic there, as she was a mere 7th of 10.

Storm Of Swords, on the other hand, was 2nd in the ungr. Hollie Hughes Stakes...I think he was neck and neck with Amalfi in the stretch, even though he never caught up to Magic Flyer. I also believe he's attained Champion status now! So, very satisfied with him today...well done.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 05:10:01 AM »

Ho-ly Cow.   :o

INCREDIBLE day for Ivy Creek.  We sent out two of our most promising 3YOs, both into stakes races...and we got our first stakes win...along with our second stakes win!  It was a two-for-one special!!!

First up was Magic Flyer in the ungraded Hollie Hughes Stakes.  He loves turf and he loves sprints, so we decided to take a gamble on this 5f race...and it clearly paid off!  He beat some great 3YOs today (SP Storm of Swords, MSW Amalfi, SP Magically, MSP McTaggert, SP Ancient Legend, & SP Magic Rose).  Maybe we've got some more stud-worthiness in our barn...?  One down, nine more to go, ha.  But I'm getting ahead of myself...  But also...he's proven to like dirt as well.  Maybe we can convince him to take on a longer distance, and perhaps he could be TC material?  Only time will tell!

Then Kiasport decided that she was ready for a little limelight, too, after coming in 2nd, 2nd, & 3rd in her last stakes outtings (respectively).  She won the G3 Deputy Minister Handicap by an impressive 16 1/2 lengths.  Woo!  It makes me INCREDIBLY happy to see this little girl blossom.  She is DEFINITELY a keeper, marked for broodmare status whenever she decides to stop running.   :)  Today she managed to top such horses as SP In Thy Name, MSP Box Of Chocolates, MSP Fighting Shot, and SP I'm a Star.

(I just noticed, too, that both horses have now reached Champion status - the first horses to do so!!  And Kiasport's Ch. status is made even more special because I started her as a 2YO - bought her for $1,000 from the 2YO auction.)

What an amazing day...   :D
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: GCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:21:58 AM »

Congrats on your stakes wins, they were a long time coming. :)
CascadeJade
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:31 AM »

Nice job with hitting your milestone of a stakes win...with two SW's! Congrats!
Brenda
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 06:40:55 AM »

I am so happy right now !!!!

Accepted Place got her Championship by finishing 2nd in the La Canada Stakes.  She was my 1st horse and is only a 4 yr old mare.
Her record is this:  34(5)-5-8(1)-1-7(1) = $198,500.
Her only 2 Stakes placing were this yr.

I have only been in since Nov 06.  YEAH!!!!!!  Wish I had bag of carrots for her
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 01:44:08 PM »

Sent out four runners and ended up with three 2nds:-

First runner was Must be a Mystery  ???, who finished 6/10 in a NW3 Allowance. She continues to be a big disappointment and I'm still trying to figure her out. I've tried her on both Dirt and Turf, over a variety of distances and with different equipment. My last resort is to switch her to Steeplechasing and hope that this will bring about some improvement. She's only a 3YO, so I can't even send her to the Breeding barns this year.

Our next runner was Desperado  ;D, who finished 2nd/6 in an Allowance. We bought him at sale a short while ago and, in only two races for us, he's won back nearly half of his purchase price.

Third up was our Starter horse, Scenic Adventure  ;D, who finished 2nd/6 in a NW2 Allowance. In 15 starts, he has been out of the money only once.

Our last runner was 3YO filly In Thy Name  ;D, who finished 2nd/10 in the Grade 3 Deputy Minister Handicap. Back to her obviously favorite distance of 6 1/2 furlongs, she lost to Kiasport, but beat other notables as I'm A Star and Box of Chocolates.

Pretty good day all round.
Lewis
Bam
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

Congrats on that win, Alyssa! Well deserved and very exciting! :)

Our day started at race #42, the 6.5 dirt ungraded Dearly Precious Stakes for 3yo fillies. I entered Crimson Dahlia and Murder by Numbers on a whim since they run well. Crimson Dahlia wired the race for her first ever stakes win and first start this year. Murder by Numbers held 3rd for a bit, then dropped to 4th place and stayed for the finish. Not too bad!

Next was MSW Amalfi in the 5f turf ungraded Hollie Hughes Stakes for 3yos. He broke fourth and held on to third, in dead heat for third by the fourth, then dead heat for 2nd at the finish. His third race of the year, second stakes, and no win yet. But that's alright, I think 5f was a bit short for him anyway. I'm happy with third :) This is the second time Amalfi has come third to Magic Flyer this year. Watch out, Alyssa! :D
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »

Not a bad week.  My Derby-hopefuls seem determined to crush whatever hopes I had for them, but...oh well, story of my life!

Hannah Banana won her second start, a nice NW3 allowance against the boys.  Her dam was our starter horse (back in the day when you only got one), so every little achievement makes us SUPER happy.  She is, of course, by Highland Laird.  Laird <3.

Former-claimer Never Been Kissed came back with a 3rd in an ungraded stakes.  It looks like she wants more distance, as she was closing at the end.  Very pleased to have her on board.

McTaggert continues to disappoint.  He ran a lack-luster 5th in his ungraded stakes.  I'm hoping that he just wants distance.
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »

Absolutely wonderful day at the track for Freedom Acres!  :D

I was a bit worried that Fall For Me was a dud on the track. I was looking towards switching her to steeplechase if she kept up her consistant disappointment. We put her in an experimental NW1 Allowance for 4yo+ mares, with 6 horses to race. She did beautifully, breaking first out of the gate and guarded her position the whole race. I'm extremely excited to see her do so well in a race. Hopefully this will be a confidence booster for her; it sure has been for me!

Tolateyouloose and Skipsalacious ran in the same NW3 Allowance for 4yo+. Tolateyouloose did wonderfully, placing first in a field of six. His stablemate paced a grim sixth. We're proud of Tolateyouloose with his win after lots of fruitless racing, but we're going to have to try something different for Skip.
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/13 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2/13 - Theme by Mustang Forums