Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 23, 2021 12:25am

Final Furlong Forum - 2/23

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 04:25:03 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/23
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2/23  (Read 656 times)
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »

Decent Day Here!!

Silver 'n' Shine brought home a 3rd in his SC Allowance. Pretty decent for a :whispers: older male. :)

Braveheart brought home a 4th in his Turf Allowance. Not as great as I thought he would place, but he tried hard!! :)
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
rebelrun
Jockey

Stable Name: Coleman Branch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:37:31 PM »

Sent 5 out today and was very pleased with most of the results.

Banjo Pickin' ran a respectable 3rd in his 6f Allowance.
Notice Me, a leased filly, disappointed once again in a 5f Allowance by coming in 7th.
Highland Gamble, a recent claimer with beautiful lines, stumbled in for 6th in a 9.5f Allowance.
Afterlife was one of two surprises for the day, running 3rd in a 6.5f Allowance.
Southern Brother took top honors for Coleman Branch by winning a 6.5f Allowance.  Hopefully, this will help in improving his confidence so he can return to graded races soon.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 06:19:38 PM »

Another great day for us!  Although some were far better than others...

6YO I Put A Spell On U managed to NOT come in last today with a 5th/6, and she led the pack from the gate to the 8f pole before DNFing.  Stamina is NOT her strong point...but I think that's the first taste of the lead she's had in a long while, if ever (although to her credit, she never raced before 5YO...so maybe her potential was just missed)!  She's now been retired to broodmare status, and arrangements have been made to ship her to see her new boyfriend, TakeMeToHollywood.

5YO Keria Toon and 5YO Trial By Fire went out in the same race.  He finished 2nd/14, and she managed a 5th/14.  I'm very pleased with both their efforts, and slightly expected her result (she's a very consistant allowance pony, typically...but it was a huge field with some great runners).  They still managed a SF of 113 & 88...so very happy with that.

3YO Catonahottinroof didn't feel like running today, coming home 12th/14 in her maiden.  Bleh.  We'll have to try some new combos with her, and maybe a switch to SC is in her near future...  At 16.1hh, I doubt I can blame it on immaturity...

Then we successfully claimed 4YO Je Suis Prest, which translates to "I am ready".  She's not a tall mare, but she's got heart: she's been in the money 4 of 6 lifetime starts on turf.  Not bad!  I'm excited to work with this mare.

3YO Star of the Show put in an effort (SF of 53...not 0 like some of my ponies like to do...) but still only managed a 6th/9.  Poo.  I bet she needed more room to run - it was only a 5f race.

And last but certainly not least...Ivy Creek got it's third stakes win today!!  5YO Madd Karol, one of our starter horses, went out in the G2 Buena Vista Handicap.  She's been SUCH a consistant allowance horse (hates mud in her face), but I wasn't sure if she would be in over her head.  I am so, so, SO excited to see these results for a multitude of reasons.  As my starter, she's special to me...I've worked with her for so long...I was already eager to see her in the breeding shed one day, but now the world has PROOF of her talent...and of course the money's nice.  ;)  Only 2 more points and she'll have Ch. status, wee!
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
skyclad
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:21:28 PM »

Uck. My three year olds need to learn how to run.

Wildforthegirls, a lease, placed 3/6 in his allowance. I think if he could break on the lead he'd do much better.

Gone Punk and Gossipede went out in the same race today, a 5f maiden. Both disappointed - Gossipede coming in 8/14 and Gone Punk being dead last. They're going home for a bit of a rest, and (in Gossipede's case) possibly a gelding.

And finally, Sedaka Century went out in the Gr. 3 Rose of Kingston Stakes and brought home a win! This girl is so fabulous, I almost can't believe she was a 10k claimer. :-*

All in all, an okay day for us. :)
CascadeJade
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »

Very wierd day as my experiments with training continue, almost everyone did well. The only thing they all had going as an advantage is that they've recently come back from long rests at the farm so.

Lahar-impressed with a 2nd in his allowance. Maybe something to get his fitness up a little higher with same rest I guess. I feel like he has a a lot of potential and I can't get it out.

Touch 'N' Go-won her allowance. Again, thought she'd bomb but somehow she didn't. Good girl.

Syndication: in a stakes race for the first time in a long time after being consistent in allowance. She got a 2nd. This was only her 2nd start over fences and she's starting to make me want to keep racing her this year instead of retiring her to broodmare"dom" which is what I bought her for...so yeah, we'll see where this goes, but a consistent stakes horse is more fun than a broodmare anyway-no matter how pretty the babies are. :)

Worth Her Oats was the only one to do as I expected...like crap!
Maviko
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 01:33:30 AM »

New claim Classic Party own his Allowence so it looks like a good pick!
Nan
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:01:32 AM »

Two young 'uns in a maiden today. Northern Gentleman pulled through with a 3rd place, but Dr. Carson was 7th.
TLawrence
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »

Three wins!

Doyoubelievenmagic, A Wrinkle In Time, and Countess.

Crystal Tipps came second.
Andrea
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 04:04:33 AM »

Cowflewoverthemoon has beautiful lines and seems to think we should appreciate him for that despite his lack of interest in winning races... came home 6th/6.  Perhaps it's the equipment, perhaps it's the jockey... Perhaps it's some extra baggage between his legs.  He gets another start and then it'll be snip-snip time.

Elysia continues to do better over the fences, finishing 3rd/6.  She's only been out of the top 3 once in her entire SC career.  Granted, she's also only finished first once, but trust me, it's better than she'd been doing on the flat ;)

Cordially hasn't seemed to regain her form from last year, but did pretty well finishing 3rd/9 in a sprint allowance.   We just need to find the missing motivational ticket to get her back into the winner's circle.

And finally Twin Pirate didn't disappoint, finishing 3rd/10 in the Las Flores.  The fractions were pretty fast and she's been in CA for two months, so we'll probably ship her home to the farm for a couple weeks to rest up and then look around for closer races.
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 11:25:43 PM »

I don't know. :-\

Five Minutes Early has been pretty consistant for not doing so well, but don't tell him I told you that. ;) I put him in an experimental 5f Dirt Maiden, but he came home with a sixth out of 14 horses. Not too bad, but not great either. Keep working at it, boy! Pontif ran in the same race with him, placing a disappointing thirteenth. Back to the drawing board.

Our newest member to the stable is Outoftheballpark, our only steeplechaser. We put him in an 11f SC Allowance for 4yo+, a distance he's done decently in before. Maybe the competition was too high, or that wasn't his favorite conditions. Regardless, he didn't do terrible, placing another sixth out of 14 horses. We'll keep working.
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 2/23 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2/23 - Theme by Mustang Forums