Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 24, 2021 9:31am

Final Furlong Forum - N/E stuck on F/F?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 01:31:04 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: N/E stuck on F/F?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: N/E stuck on F/F?  (Read 418 times)
Brenda
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:58:42 PM »

I sent my filly, Last Account, to Santa Anita on 3/5 and she was a C/D.  She arrived on 3/6 and was F/F. She has been there for 7 days and is still F/F. She has not been out, just sitting in her stall. 

She has shipped before, not that long of a distance, and has always recovered quickly.

Is there a "glitch" with her or ??

She left right before the server problem started and was in transit during it.

Thanks
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:03:28 PM »

There is no bug.  Shipping across the country is hard on horses, and it's not like she was brimming with energy/fitness to begin with.
Andrea
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »

Also just a picky note... N/E or NE is typically used to refer to Natural Energy (which you have no way of seeing directly) while the A-F ratings apply to Energy and Fitness (E/F). :)

But like Shanthi said, horses can dip into 'negative' energy ratings if you ship them long distances.  I think the expectation is it takes at least a week to recover the energy cost of shipping.  So figure her normal race recovery period plus a week or 10 days (depending on how fast her post-race recovery is) for her to get back to A.  I think shipping also lowers fitness due to dehydration/etc, but I could be wrong.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »

It lowers fitness slightly to account for the fact that the horse isn't moving at all while stuck in a trailer stall/airplane stall.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Questions  |  Topic: N/E stuck on F/F? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, N/E stuck on F/F? - Theme by Mustang Forums