Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 19, 2021 9:14pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/10

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:14:45 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/10
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/10  (Read 609 times)
Maviko
« on: January 10, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »

Six out, seven back. I'm picky about who I claim but it just seems that there are a lot of really nice horses out there!

Some exciting news, Dylansdream finally won a race! Out of 13 starts he was 0-5-2-1, always just missing the winner's circle but he decided to really pour it on and wire his fourteen horse race :)

Mocktail and new addition Tricky Alex (mostly bought for his name actually, since it's the same as mine :D) took a 1st and 2nd in their allowance they were at each other's heels through the whole race but Mocktail kept ahead by half a length. I hope these boys see themselves as friendly rivals rather then enemies since they're both going to be retiring together eventually :)

Sundance and Indy's Dare took a dismal 7th and 9th in their race but it might have just been too long from the farm. Both are normally champs so they're going home to graze and see the new baby.

Kiss of Glory took a fourth which is mostly to be expected. She seems to like romping around the track rather then really running but we'll see. She did move up a bit in the pack which is promising.

And new claim Distinct Point took a 3rd in his race. He was a hefty price at $50 000 but he has some pretty impressive bloodlines (What's Debatable (What It's Worth (I/C) x That's Debatable (I/C) x Pretty Distinct (Distinct Possibili (I/C) x Deadly Secrets)). I have high hopes for this four year old.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 05:18:15 PM »

Mixed results for us today:

3YO B A Cowboy ran a dismal 13th/14 in his NW1 - he didn't even try.  He had one good race in his 2YO year, a win in a turf maiden with a SF of 107.  Why, oh, why won't he repeat it?  So far, it's seeming that he only likes running nekkid on a wet turf track if it's a sprint...and only sometimes.  Grr.  3YO Bold Jewel ran a solid 4th/14 in that same race, finishing with a SF of 57.  She hasn't been a superstar yet, but she's been consistant, which is enough for me.

Next, 4YO Must Be Royal kicked off her 2013 career with a switch to jumps AND by breaking her maiden.  Woohoo!  Glad we were right - her relatives seem to, as a general rule, have enjoyed the jumps.  She got a whopping 134 SF  :o.  Holy moly.  Can't wait to see where she goes with this!!  4YO Trick Cat attempted to keep up in the same race, but didn't quite make it, finishing a still-impressive 3rd/10 with a SF of 132...a slight improvement on last year's SFs.  Here's hoping it wasn't just a fluke - he's a cutie, and I think Royal wouldn't mind having him as a future boyfriend!   :P

3YO Fly Away was simply outclassed by some stiff competition, finishing 6th/14 in his NW3 with a nice SF of 85.  And one of the ones to outclass him was our own sensational 3YO Theatrical Lady, who led from wire to wire with a SF of 130.  I think this gal might be ready for some stakes races!  Also running in the same race, 3YO Lucky Fox, leased to Red Fern Stables, finished 9th/14 with a SF of 76.

4YO Heroic Acts couldn't quite keep up with the competition in his Allowance, finishing 5th/8 with a SF of 93.

3YO Playful Breeze didn't do so hot, either, finishing 9th/11 with a dismal SF of 5.  She's got great bloodlines - both of her older 1/2 sibs are SWs, Ch, Touchstone and Ch. Hastings Lady.  Just need to figure out what works for her...

3YO Sheza Hornet put in a good effort today, finishing 3rd/14 in her NW1 for fillies with a SF of 77.  Also running in the same race, but without any effort, 3YO Song Of Singapore finished 10th/14.  Hey, at least she wasn't last...  Grr.

Last but not least, our Stillwater lease, 4YO Gotta Have Faith, went out in the San Fernando Breeders' Cup (G2), finishing 7th/13.  He ran against some really, REALLY tough competition out there, and still finished with a strong SF of 110.  Just wanted to see how he'd do against some stakes company, and I'm not too displeased.  We just need to get him fit & confident, and maybe we'll give stakes a go later in the year...  In the mean time, look for him at the allowance level from here on.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Mintano
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 06:32:45 PM »

Noble Queen, one of our leases from Stillwater Farms went out today for her first start, a 5f Dirt NW1 Allowance for 3yo Fillies. She ran a great race against the winner I Shot the Sheriff who is VERY well bred. She stalked her for the first 4 furlongs then they battled it out to the finish where she succumbed to the other filly by only a nose. 2nd/14.

Rodeo extended her winning streak today to 5 races in a row, this time in the GII San Gorgonio Handicap. She broke on the lead and stole the race on the front end. 1st/10.

Yes It's Paddy is red hot lately, he went out for his first start of the year today in the GII San Fernando Breeder's Cup. He stalked the leaders through most of the race but then dropped back sharply coming out of the final turn but amazingly he rallied to win the race in the final strides by a nose. 1st/13.
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 09:07:57 PM »

One horse out today.

Stillwater's Eleanor Rigby came home 5/6 in a turf allowance at a mile. and sixteenth She would have won if it was 6 furlongs, so I'll be keeping her in sprints from now on. She did bring home a small check, which is awesome.
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
TLawrence
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 03:50:16 AM »

Three out.

Countess proved herself to be nicer and nicer by winning a 9 furlong dirt allowance. May try her in Stakes next.

Both A Wrinkle In Time and Clear Enough bombed big time in their steeplechase debuts. Ah well.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »

Tempting Fate wowed us in her debut race by winning. :)  We're hoping that means she's going to live up to her bloodlines.

Joe Millionaire might not be as promising, finishing 5th/10 in his allowance.

Enchanting was a solid 3rd in her allowance.

Jetsetter was 6th in his debut race.

MacDuff finished 2nd in his race, his highest placing yet.

Got Your Heart was 7th in the mud.

Dancetilyoudrop was 10th in her race.

Double Time was a disappointing 13th in her race.

I Shot The Sheriff ended the day on a good note, winning her debut race.

9 out, 2 wins, 1 place, 1 show, and 5 also-rans (though 1 of those at least earned something)
Arab Lady
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »

A Nice day today!

First out was Magnolia Mae she was 2nd/10 in the NW3 SC Allowance for 3yo+. This mare has not found her stride yet, we're hoping this is an indication she has matured and has discovered what in means to run.

Next out was Wizaed's Quest he was 1st/11 in the 6f Turf Maiden for 3 yo+ beating his older 1/2 brother MacDuff. He is on lease from Stillwater Farm, and has an impressive pedigree to say the least. 1/2 to ICh. Eternal Lady and 3/4 to ICh. Gunningdownromance, we are looking forward to some great things from this colt. Thank-you Shanthi for leasing him to us!

Last one out today was Ch. Teacher's Pet she was 2nd/14 in the 9f Dirt Allowance for 4 yo+. Pet is MSP and we are hoping this year she will get that illusive Stakes Win.

3 out 1 win 2 places, Good Day all around!
DappledM
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 12:49:23 AM »

One out today and I'm not overly thrilled but I'm not complaining either.

Arrun took the lead for most of his 15NW2 race,but faded slightly in the backstrech coming in 3rd/6th.
Nan
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 06:33:29 AM »

Colors Of Fire bombed in his allowance.

Syriana was 2nd in her maiden race. Hopefully she'll find her way to the winner's circle soon. Tarot was 5th, which considering this was a full field, isn't that shabby.
Maya
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »

Newly acquired Crimson Charger is well on his way to earning back his purchase price.  In his first start for Pemberley, he easily wired a field of 14 in a NW2 allowance, winning by 34 1/2 lengths and earning a SF of 119!  I'm extremely excited about this boy, and I hope he keeps this up ;)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/10 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/10 - Theme by Mustang Forums