Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 12:20pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/14

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 04:20:07 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/14
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/14  (Read 383 times)
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:53:36 PM »

Definitely have to do a happy dance today.

NCh. Long Live the King won his 7th stakes win today out in Santa Anita.  I was concerned that the boy might be too over the hill to earn his studship.  7 down, 3 more to go.

Out of Control has proven herself to be a good choice, out of Stillwater's lovely stable offerings.  She won her 2nd start out in an NW3 allowance.  Beautiful lines.  Beautiful girl.  She's gonna have an amazing season, I know it.

Seven Seas, a Stillwater lease, was a disappointment last time out.  I guess it just meant he hates the turf.  This maiden boy came in 3rd in NW3 allowance company without any equipment.  Much better.

Never Been Kissed was 6th in stakes company, mixed gender.  I have a feeling she's going to be just a solid allowance horse.  Absolutely no shame in that.

Not bad.  Need to rethink and plan for the upcoming races.  But definitely tickled pink about the King.  We need another Bold Ruler son studified, 'cause Out of Tune (1/2 to King David, only son of Bold Ruler at stud) needs a date.  ;D
Maviko
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:51:59 PM »

Four out, all boys, and a decent paycheck at the end.

Law N Order, on loan from Delta Ro, ran first in his first race with us. We've got him for another eleven months and I'm quite happy with his enthusiasm. Knowing Glory, just back from a lease, took a 3rd in the same race. Really nice lines but I doubt he's going to studify this late in the game without any successful stakes experience. But he's been a great, solid horse and this is looking to be another solid, five year old year.

The Ways of Magic, claimed a year ago actually for 5K, took a neat 2nd in his 'chase. I've been putting this boy up for sale then taking him down again because although I'm not really looking to run 'chasers he's always bring back a paycheck and giving it his all.

Last up was Taloberto who out of five starts has left the gate once. Today was not that race  :'( He was bought for 5K from the Storybook sale. He's got a date with the vet for a gelding and hopefully he'll learn it's more fun to run with the pack then stay at home.
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »

One out.

Ideal Ransom did not enjoy the delay nor the wet going and finished fourth in an allowance on the turf. Better luck next time, little girl.
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
TLawrence
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 09:06:36 PM »

SHake Things Up unexpectedly won his allowance.

If You Say So came fourth.

Everyone else sucked.
Mintano
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:32:29 PM »

Delaware Bound went out in the GIII San Miguel Stakes and ran evenly to finish 4th/10.

After breaking her maiden last time out we sent Break the Spell out against some tougher competition in the Ungraded Dame Mysterieuse Stakes. She ran a great race stalking the leader through the race and coming up short just by a few lengths. 2nd/10.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/14 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/14 - Theme by Mustang Forums