Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Jun. 19, 2022 9:33pm

Author Topic: Energy/Fitness suggestions?  (Read 603 times)

takeachance

Energy/Fitness suggestions?
« on: February 05, 2009, 04:07:43 am »
Last week claimed an awesome 3 y/o Mr. Prospector filly [Indy's Prospect] and am not sure what to do. She raced about a week ago, but her energy and fitness level are both still at F, and have showed no sign of changing. When I click on shipping history, there is none, so I have no idea how long she's been out. I just wanted a more experienced player's opinion... should I be safe and just ship her home for some rest?

Offline CricketHill

• Beta Testers
  • Race Winner
  • Cricket Hill: Established 2006
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Cricket Hill
Re: Energy/Fitness suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:33:34 am »
FF ponies don't suffer from NE loss (it's not fair to them), so you can assume she's 100% on NE. 

Some horses take longer to recover energy after a race.  I wouldn't be too worried.  Let her rest where she is, and she should be good in another week to 10 days.  =)

Congrats on getting her.  I submitted a claim on her, too.  =)

Offline Shanthi

• Administrator
  • Kentucky Derby Winner
    • View Profile
  • Stable Name: Stillwater Farms
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:14:29 pm »
FF-owned ponies also don't officially ship anywhere, which is why there's no history for her.  They just magically *poof* to their next race.  (This is also why they don't get the NE penalty, since they never *poof* back to the farm, either!)

Now that she's owned by you, she will start to lose NE, so you'll want to ship her home at some point, but as Cat said, she should be good for a while.  (Though she will gain regular energy faster at a farm, so if you live near where she raced, it may be a good idea to send her out to pasture for a few days/week so she can relax.)

Good luck with her!

takeachance

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 03:02:50 pm »
Thank you guys  :)