Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 24, 2021 1:59am

Final Furlong Forum - 2009 Auction: How did ya do?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 05:59:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual 2yo Auction  |  Topic: 2009 Auction: How did ya do?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Auction: How did ya do?  (Read 2140 times)
KindleHopeFarms
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »

Hey,

I decided to pick up a few fillies from two new famous stallions in the game that I'm so excited for I didn't want to have to wait to breed them!

Dance Champion is by Giant's Causeway, and the first foal of created mare, Dance Star. Her created pedigree was very pretty for RL racing, so props to whomever sourced that one. Dance Champion is a very pretty mahogany bay, and has grown 1/4 of a hand since the auction to stand at 16.1. We'll let her chill at KindleHope for a bit to see when the growth spurt stops, and see how she fares as a member of Giant's Causeway's first crop.  DC came in at $20,500.

Calling All Angels is by Tiznow, and the first foal of another created mare, Call To Prayer. Another very pretty RL pedigree. Not only am I psyched beyond belief about Tiznow, Calling All Angels happens to be a blue roan which is a nice addition to a primarily bay stable...:-P  Angel came in at $26,000.

Overall, I couldn't have bred both of them for a total of $46,500, so I'm trying to convince my accountant that *buying* them actually made me money... ;)

-K
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 05:49:16 PM by KindleHopeFarms » Logged
JasonCameron
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 05:36:28 PM »

Missed it - oops!
Zurg
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 08:46:32 AM »

I am a little late on this one...It was the first year I had money to be involved in...
Well I too found fillies to much money but I really needed some boys anyways..I am happy to say I got two that I like and welcomed into my barn...
The first one I got is http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=16086Outofmymind He is a spunky 14.2 Dark Grey stud colt This little guy looks very promising for my stable!
The second boy I got is http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=16099Heliopolis This very little dark grey boy stands at a small 14.0 He may be small but he has a huge heart..next Secretariate(sorry for bad spelling of this great horse)
Well I am very happy with my results this year..I spent a small 21000 and got what I wanted..Yay!! ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual 2yo Auction  |  Topic: 2009 Auction: How did ya do? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2009 Auction: How did ya do? - Theme by Mustang Forums