Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 25, 2021 2:56am

Final Furlong Forum - Hi, and a question

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 06:56:32 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Waiting Area  |  Topic: Hi, and a question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi, and a question  (Read 738 times)
Buster77
« on: May 25, 2009, 10:05:54 PM »

Hi, I joined the waiting list a few days ago, and I am curious about something.  Please understand I am asking just for information, this is not a complaint or attack, but why do you have a waiting list?  Is it because of server space?  Or do the accounts need to be added by hand?  It seems to be a fairly popular game (I am 52 on the list), and it seems like you might lose people if they have to wait.  Again, not a complaint, just curious, I think this is the only game I have ever had to join a waiting list for.  Have you thought about allowing people to buy their way in, maybe as a way to upgrade the servers?  I dunno, just thinking out loud, I'm not even offering to buy my way in, lol, but like I said, you seem to have a popular product here.

Anyway, looking forward to starting,

Thanks,
Buster
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 10:20:02 PM »

The waiting list is to keep the community small/friendly.  I've considered increasing the membership (the current limit is 150), but so far haven't done it.

Also, the script that processes people on the waiting list is broken...I'm hoping to fix it tonight/tomorrow.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 02:06:52 AM »

As far as the size limit, I think it's partially in place to encourage a sense of community, which is difficult to foster in games that have hundreds of players--horseland, anyone?  In recent history, the size was bumped up from 100 slots to 150 slots and periodically inactive farms are deleted and new members are allowed in. 
Canuck
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

Welcome to the game   :)
You'll get in soon enough.
Smylie
Trainer

Stable Name: The Grey Stable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »

It's well worth the wait!!! Welcome!
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
Buster77
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:40:18 AM »

Ah, I see, well I certainly understand the reasoning, and actually I'm already in today, lol, squeaky wheel, I guess.  Thanks all, see ya at the track!

Buster
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 01:40:28 AM »

People who post on the forum generally get bumped to the front of the line.  ;)  It shows that you signed up on more than just a whim, I guess.  Welcome!   :)
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Waiting Area  |  Topic: Hi, and a question « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, Hi, and a question - Theme by Mustang Forums