Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 16, 2021 5:59am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do? [2013 Edition]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 09:59:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? [2013 Edition]
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do? [2013 Edition]  (Read 3186 times)
hollyh1125
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »

Thanks Kerry! I was super excited to get her! I was looking hard at Payday, but i'm glad you got her. :) 
SevenOaks
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 08:10:38 PM »

So is it safe to assume that if the horse came from Final Furlong that it is a created baby, despite the fact that it has a sire x dam?

If you look at the pedigree, if the sire/dam names aren't hyperlinks then it's a created foal. (Over the holidays I'm hoping to wipe out created horses' pedigrees so it'll be really really obvious.)

Ahh, Okay!!  I'm very slowly starting to get ahold of the workings of this game. lol  But it is becoming quite addicting.
sjenee
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 05:11:11 AM »

I only bid on two foals, so I wasn't really surprised to come home from work and discover one had not been won.  It's difficult to get fillies.  Colts, on the other hand, I have no problem winning.  The main reason I bid on this particular colt is mostly because I own his dam, who was pregnant when I bought her and is due not long after the new year (which makes me nervous).

http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=10411

Prancing Party, by  GCh. Temptation out of GetThePartyStarted will hopefully prove to be a very worthwhile purchase.  *crosses fingers*  

« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 05:15:12 AM by sjenee » Logged
the1stpsycho
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Vimes Racing

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »

Being new the the game and no completely in the loop as far as pedigree=racing machine I just went for little ones that I liked. They all started out unnamed. We got 4 fillies and one colt

A previously unnamed little weanling filly we named Alchemy (NCh. Seattle Sorcerer x Grey Magic)Her pedigree didn't hurt but, really I just thought she was cute :)

A previously unnamed weanling Giant Love Song (Giant's Causeway x Song of Love). I am a big fan of the real life Storm Cat so I thought, why not a virtual grand baby since I will never own a real one!

Then there is the tiniest weanling of the bunch at 12.3 Ziplomat (Nch. Diplomat x Zatanna) She is a flash little bay and as far as her breeding goes, I think she will be a little bit of a wild card. We shall see!

I picked up the previously unnamed yearling  Luckyopoly (Ch. Moonopoly x Luckys Lola) just because I wanted to name her that! As you can see I was real scientific about the whole process.

And last but not least we have the yearling I spent the most on Bay Harvard Butchr (GCh. Harvard Bound x Glorious Beauty) he is also the only boy in the bunch and I am very happy with him. We will see if I still feel the same when he becomes a frustrating two year old!

Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2009, 01:50:31 PM »

I picked up the previously unnamed yearling  Luckyopoly (Ch. Moonopoly x Luckys Lola) just because I wanted to name her that! As you can see I was real scientific about the whole process.

There are worse ways to pick out horses. ;)
the1stpsycho
Beta Testers
Jockey

Stable Name: Vimes Racing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 07:56:43 PM »

At the real races I always bet on the horse with the prettiest tail :)
kayte56
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Diamond Dale Farm

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 03:04:26 AM »

Came away with one more yearling

liver chestnut colt
Witness
X
Seanoesis

I have named him Sea No Evil and got him for $40,500....more than I would like to pay for a yearling but I really liked him and I'm happy to add him to my barn :)

--Kayte
Diamond Dale Farm
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »

I'm some weeks behind in posting as I don't usually head onto the forums but since my purchases are now 2yos I thought I'd post up about the ones I picked up in the sale. I bought my full quota of 5 horses - four of which I pickedb up for 1000 each

Cat's Joy (Alley Cat x Glide For Joy) - I picked him out as I purchased the dam earlier in the year so thought it might be fun to have a go with him and it should give me an idea of how the next foal might get on.

Dawn Chorus (Alley Cat x Dawn Wolf) liked the look of her and was able to pick her up cheaply

Dream Of Giants (Giant's Causeway x I'm A Dreamer) irl I love the sire and although I ideally would have wanted a filly there seemed to be a bit too much competition so I settled on this chap.

Bel Air Sizzle (Unusual Heat x Bel Air Belle) completely an afterthought as I god outbid on another filly and decided not to bid more for that one. Nobody had bid on her and sad as it sounds as it's only a game I felt sorry for her  :)

Then came the one that almost broke the bank. I saw Coldenoughforsnow months ago and when I saw her consigned I was desperate to have her. Quietly hoped she'd go unnoticed and my initial bid would be enough to get her but ended up in a bidding war - I think with SevenOaks, sorry about that  :-[ - and paid 60,500. Never spent that much before and she'll probably turn out to be useless but that's all part of the fun of the game lol

Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? [2013 Edition] « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do? [2013 Edition] - Theme by Mustang Forums