Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 22, 2021 9:24am

Final Furlong Forum - 2014: The Grey Stable Stallions

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:24:55 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Stallion Advertising  |  Topic: 2014: The Grey Stable Stallions
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014: The Grey Stable Stallions  (Read 5231 times)
Smylie
Trainer

Stable Name: The Grey Stable

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:09:55 PM »

The Grey Stable is proud to announce it line up for the 2014 breeding season!
Secretsarebound-Spock-Highland Magic-Highland Bandit

Secretsarebound
Secretariat (S) (CDR) x Wind Dancer (S)
16.2 Grey Stallion
Grade 1 Won:  Caulfield Stakes (2009)
        Manhattan Handicap (2009)
Grade 2 Won:  A.G. Vanderbilt Handicap (2009)
        Chelmsford Stakes (2009)
        King's Stand Stakes (2009)
        San Diego Handicap (2009)
Ungraded Won: Artax Handicap (2009)

The ONLY grey son of Secretariat in the game was lightly raced at 2 and 3 with only 14 starts in those 2 years.  At 4 he recorded 20 starts with 15 of them being stakes starts. Of those 15 stakes starts he managed 4 seconds 2 thirds and 2 fourth place finishes.   He was second and third to such notables as Crystal Rainbow, Seattle Sorcerer and Double Cross. He had a claiming win at 3 and an allowance win at 4. He blossomed as a 5 yr old with 7 Stake wins that are noted above. In those races he beat horses like Nightfight and As You Wish but also finished behind all these horses as well. It was a tough older division. He split his wins over both turf and dirt and won over all distances but preferred less than 10 furlongs

After his brief trip to Australia he will be permanently staying at The Grey Stable. His fee for the 2014 breeding season will be $20,000. There will be no reduction in the fee for newbies or ranked mares. AS an added incentive if you breed to Secretsarebound this year or next year you will be able to breed to Spock in the 2016 breeding year for his advertised fee. This will allow me to clear out all of the mares that have breedings to Highland Magic and Hope to Succeed on their foal report to be bred to Spock over the next 2 years.

Reservations:
February 1A: Dutch Beauty
February 1B: Janeway
February 2A: Show No Fear
February 2B:
March 1A: Celtic Circle
March 1B: Wondrous (FoxHill Farm Racing Stable)
March 2A: Lady's Maid
March 2B: Russian Blue
March 3A: Devil's Handmaiden
March 3B: Runfortheborder
April 1A: Day Dream(Triple M)
April 1B: Guinevere (Candi Cane)
April 2A: Endless Adventure (Pick Up The Pace)
April 2B: Townsend Victory
May 1A:
May 1B:
May 2A:
May 2B:
June 1A: Lucky Princess
June 1B: Prospective Crown
June 2A: Innocence
June 2B:
July 1A: All For You (Semiahmoo)
July 1B:
July 2A:
July 2B:
August 1A:
August 1B:
August 2A:
August 2B:

Spock
Highland Magic (S) x Somethin' Smokin (G)
16.2 Dark Grey Stallion

Grade 1 Won:  Belmont Stakes (2012), Breeders' Cup Classic (2012), Breeders' Stakes (2012), Jockey Club Gold Cup (2012), Kentucky Derby (2012), Prince of Wales Stakes (2012), Queen's Plate Stakes (2012), Travers Stakes (2012), Wood Memorial (2012), Breeders' Cup Classic (2013), Dubai World Cup (2013), Jockey Club Gold Cup (2013), Stephen Foster Stakes (2013), Suburban Handicap (2013), Whitney Handicap (2013)  
Grade 2 Won:  Jerome Stakes (2012)
Grade 3 Won:  Stuyvesant Stakes (2013)
 Ungraded: Best Turn Stakes (2012)
Eclipse Awards  2012
2012 3 Year Old Colt, 2012 Classic Horse, 2012 Horse of the Year
Eclipe Awards 2013
TBA

What needs to be said that the above doesn
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:06:00 PM by Smylie » Logged
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »

Can I get a June 2A booking to Highland Magic for my mare Harvest Moon? She's gold rated: http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=531

And can I get a March 2A booking to Highland Bandit for my mare Hey Toots? She's silver rated: http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=348
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:22:21 PM by Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds » Logged
Emily
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »

Can I get an April 2B breeding to Highland Magic for Dream Time? She is gold rated.
http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=421
sjenee
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 09:49:20 PM »

Can I get a March 2 spot for my mare GCh. Strike Out?  She's not rated yet, as she's still racing, but she's a multi-stakes winner and placed.
Mintano
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 11:29:26 PM »

I would love to send Street Talk (http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=330) to Spock. May 2A?

Crucial Move (http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=524) to Highland Magic for March 3A?

Delaware Flyer (http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=4182) to Highland Bandit for April 2A?

« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:37:19 PM by Mintano » Logged
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Starfish Stables

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 02:21:00 AM »

Hi Myles,

I have been a huge Star Trek fan since the original series started (Oops, there I go again, showing my age) and Spock was always my favorite character, so I would love to have a mare bred to him next year. I have a broodmare, Inalillybit, who already has a foal for Highland Magic, which, if I am reading your post correctly, makes her qualified for a breeding to Spock for next year.

"Lilly" is due to foal Jan 31st next year so I would hope to be able to send her to Spock around the beginning of March 2014. I know it's very early days, but if you could please pencil her in for then. "Lilly" is a created mare and doesn't have any ranking, and her only foal is currently a weanling, so her ranking isn't likely to change anytime soon. If you set up the fee structure for Spock the same way you did for your other stallions, I know that I will have to pay full price, so I am going to start saving up my pennies to pay the Breeding Fee.

Good luck with racing him this year and thanks.

This is a copy of a post I made in your 2013 Stallions thread back in February. Can I please get the March 1B spot to Spock for Inalillybit, thanks? The Breeding Fee is acceptable. I wouldn't have expected anything less for a horse of his caliber.
Lewis
Nan
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 06:08:54 AM »

I would like to request a May 1 slot for Cheatin' Heart to Highland Bandit, and May 2 for Mercury Rising to Highland Magic.
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 12:55:01 PM »

Can I get a March 2 spot for my mare GCh. Strike Out?  She's not rated yet, as she's still racing, but she's a multi-stakes winner and placed.

LOL......... Love your enthusiasm...... Who do you want her bred to?
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
sjenee
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »

LOL......... Love your enthusiasm...... Who do you want her bred to?

Ooops, sorry.  Thought I'd put it, but I was fighting with the dog at the same time, who thinks my being on the computer means she needs to be in front of it.  XD  Highland Bandit, please!
fionababe56
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 03:56:52 PM »

Can I take Highland Magic's MAR 3B spot for Ch. Just Danzig(Blue Ridge Farm)? Thanks!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 04:29:17 PM »

Got everyone up to this point............. It is your responsibility to check to see if I've given your the date you've asked for or if I've changed it that you can live with it. No reply will signal your agreeing with your mares placing!

Myles
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:04:39 PM by Smylie » Logged
Equestriana
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Semiahmoo Stables

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 04:52:31 PM »

Hey, Can I get the following

July 1A to Secretsarebound for my mare All For You
June 2A to Spock for my mare Ch. Candyland
July 1B to Highland Bandit to my mare IncnsistntDecision (Gold rated)

I think thats it. Thanks
Kim - Semiahmoo Stables
Proudly Offered at Stud
ICh. What's Your Point - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Gold Rated
WCh. I'm Your Angel - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire, Silver Rated
GCh. Ace Of Hearts - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Millionaire
NCh. Sunday Paper - Multi-Stake Winner, Multi-Stake Placed, Multi-Millionaire
sjenee
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »

Works for me! Thanks!!   ;D
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 07:02:23 PM »

Hey, Can I get the following

June 2A to Spock for my mare Ch. Candyland

I think thats it. Thanks

Hi Kim,
     Can do the other 2 mares for you but I can't breed Candyland to Spock as she does not have either a breeding to Hope to Succeed or Highland Magic in her past. You might consider breeding her to either Highland Magic for a chance to breed her to Spock next year or to Secretsarebound  for a possible date with Spock in 2016. Let me know!!

Myles
Mintano
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »

Could I also get the Feb 2B spot for Subzero Justice (http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=2881) to Bandit? Thanks!
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »

Can I have Highland Magic's July 1B breeding for Whirlagirl (Silver ranked) please?  ;)
CloverSprings
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 10:02:11 PM »

Hello!  Can I please reserve the following:

Spock - March 3A to WCh. Oscuro Arco Iris  (no ranking)
Highland Magic - April 2A to Betting Girl (Silver ranked)
Highland Bandit - March 3A to Atlantis (Platnium ranked)

Thanks!
~ Lindsay
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 12:51:22 PM »

Bandit thanks you Julie  ;D
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »

Got it Chris  ;D Thanks!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »

Lindsay,
     Got your 2 breedings for Betting Girl and Atlantis in the books...thanks. I can't breed Oscuro Arco Iris to Spock as she does not have either a breeding to Hope to Succeed or Highland Magic in her past. You might consider breeding her to either Highland Magic for a chance to breed her to Spock next year or to Secretsarebound  for a possible date with Spock in 2016. Let me know!!

Thanks,

Myles
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »

I would like to book the July 2B spot for Alwuhush ( http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=639 ) to Spock, please.   :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:13:08 PM by ivycreekfarm » Logged
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
CloverSprings
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2009, 04:24:01 AM »

Ah, gotcha.  It wasn't too clear and I thought in the posting it meant you also need to book a breeding with the other two stallions to have a posting for Spock.  I'll still keep the other breedings though.  :)

Thanks!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »

Got it Alyssa, Thanks  ;D
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »

would like to see if there's space for Smoke Dance to Spock May 2B
Thanks
Penny
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »

Got it Penny.......... But it had to be Jun 2A as that is 1 month after her foal date!  ;D
Wolfhound
Beta Testers
Trainer

Stable Name: Darkwood Stables

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 10:07:16 AM »

Fine! Many thanks.
Gwen

Darkwood Stables
stormyisland
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2009, 03:56:06 AM »

Hi!

I have two mares qualified to breed to Spock. I'd like to try to get
Mar 1B for Opportunist (bred to Highland Magic in 2013)
Aug 1A for Bandia an Gealach (bred to Hope to Succeed in 2013)

Thank you!
Mallory
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 09:18:24 PM »

Could I get the May 1A breeding to Highland Magic for my mare, A.P. Whiskey ( http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=1544 )?  This will create a 3/4 sibling to Glenfiddich.  Fingers crossed that it's at least as successful.  Oh, and she's bronze-ranked.   :)
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »

Thanks, Alyssa and Mallory......... got them both!
BlueWolf
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »

May I have the May 2nd slot for my Platinum rated mare Perchance to Dream for Highland Bandit?
JasonCameron
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »

hi miles
can i please get a June 2 spot for American Rhapsody? She's a NCH multi millionaire with a yearling by Highland Magic.

cheers,
Jase
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »

Thanks to both Sarah and Jase....got'em lined up!
Brenda
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 06:21:31 AM »

Hello,
Can I get a March Breeding to Spock for:

Lady Luck
http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=324

She has been bred to both required studs before and is a Gold 8.2

Any available March is fine with me or April.

Next Breeding:

Day Dream
http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=4007

To Secretsarebound
for an April 1 breeding.
Her record is not the greatest because I was unable to run my stable last yr due to busy home life.

Thank You
Brenda
Triple M Racing
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:13:57 AM by Brenda » Logged
Kayleigh
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Candi Cane Racing

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 07:23:04 AM »

Hi

Can I please breed:

Guinevere
http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=561

to Spock

for a March Breeding if available. If none available, then an April Breeding would be fine also

She just had a Highland Bandit filly in 2013 and is a Gold 11.2

Thank You
KayLeigh
Candi Cane Racing
Favorite Racehorse is Mucho Macho Man!!!!!!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »

KayLeigh,
     Unfortunately, as much as I would like Guinevere to be bred to Spock she does not meet the requirements of having either a breeding to Hope To Succeed or Highland Magic in her past. IF you breed her to Highland Magic this year you would qualify to get her a spot next year or you could breed her to Secretsarebound(my preference) and have her qualified for the 2016 season. The reason I suggest Secretsarebound is that there are fewer mares that are bred to him than to both Highland Magic and Hope To Succeed.
     Let me know!!

Myles

The Grey Stable
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »

Brenda,
     Got yours taken care of ........

Thanks,

Myles

The Grey Stable
Kayleigh
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Candi Cane Racing

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 06:13:35 PM »

It was worth asking ;)

Secret would be an excellent 2nd choice for Guienivere

She has just foaled, so march, april breeding is fine.

And,

Wonders Luck
http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=1595

Highland Bandit

for April 1A

Thank You!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:03:33 AM by Kayleigh » Logged
Favorite Racehorse is Mucho Macho Man!!!!!!
Nan
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 03:00:49 AM »

I'd like to request a May 1 slot for Mercury Rising to Highland Magic. :)
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »

Got them both Kayleigh and Nan....

Thanks,

Myles
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »

Fair Warning

To mare owners that are THINKING of breeding to SPOCK this year. You need to get your mares names in to me either thru this thread or via PM to comfirm a spot to him before the end of this week. Yes, that's this Friday January 15! It does not take much examining of the mares already listed to figure out if you want to breed this year or next.
     After the 15th when I assign breeding spots to those that have applied and have got replies back from the owners, I will then open up what is left of the breeding spots to the general public in the same fashion as I did to start this process.
     The criterion for the next round will be 1) Do NOT have a breeding to either Hope to Succeed or Highland Magic on the mares resume. 2) Best rated mares (P,G,S,B) get the choice of dates if they have there names in (Feb.15 Closing date to submit). 3) First mares to reserve a spot.
     If the above is not clear please ask your questions either in the thread here or via PM. To those that are breeding to others of my stallions BECAUSE you didn't qualify earlier on to breed to Spock, I will reconsider your application again with the early date that you had asked originally!
     Thanks for taking the time to read this and for Breeding to the stallions of "THE GREY STABLE"

Myles
JasonCameron
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »

Just wondering, why is American Rhap on tentative? She has a yearling by Highland Magic so she should be able to have her booking confirmed going off your rules?
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 03:54:59 AM »

Yes Jase that is true. Those that are on the list as of today and tomorrow will get first choice and refusal of dates that are available from what you see right now. The only hitch may be that you don't get your preferred breeding date and may refuse the later date that I "might " assign you! Those that want to breed in 2015 with the same rules can choose to do that. The only other rule that might come into effect is if the mare was bred to Spock in 2014, I may limit back to back if there are to many. Everyone please remember that in 2016 only mares with previous breedings to Secretsarebound will get to breed to Spock.

Hope this is clear.   :o  If not, keep asking questions until it is!!! ;D

Myles
Brenda
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 03:24:16 PM »

Hi Myles,
Can you scratch Lady Luck off the Spock list? I got up this morning to find she is now retired at 17yrs  :'(. Dang it!!! I was looking forward to that baby

Since she just retired, can I sub another mare in? I know it is after 1/15 deadline but I was only planning on Lady Luck to him.

Hollywood Victory (Planet Hollywood x Pardon Me Mister) Silver 7.7
http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=1275

Thank You for the consideration
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:30:09 PM by Brenda » Logged
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 05:02:02 PM »

Done Brenda!!!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 05:05:11 PM »

There are 8 spots left to breed to Spock this year. If you have a mare that does not have a breeding to either Highland Magic or Hope To Succeed in there background I invite you to let me know if you'd like a spot to breed to him. You will have to be able to use the spots that are open, you will have to pay the same $30,000 breeding fee and it will be on a first come first served basis. Let me know!!!
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »

If I've understood the rules properly could I now apply for a spot for Burnitup
(http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=6124) please? If I haven't and she's not elligable that's fine but if she could take one of the August spots I'd be very grateful  :)

Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »

Could I snag an April 2A slot with Spock for Slay the House (http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=7289)?

Two grey parents should yield a grey baby, right?

Please let me know.  Otherwise, I will find her a date elsewhere.  Thank you.
XxRebelliousLoverxX
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »

Is it okay that Cracked Image is in foal to Secretsarebound for an early 2014 July baby? And if so, could I get the August 2B slot for Spock for her?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 06:57:28 PM by XxRebelliousLoverxX » Logged
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 07:48:46 PM »

Is it okay that Cracked Image is in foal to Secretsarebound for an early 2014 July baby? And if so, could I get the August 2B slot for Spock for her?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry........ if your mare is in foal already to one stallion that is it until next year for her!!!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 07:49:26 PM »

Got it Emma and Cat!!!!!!! Though Cat you'll have to make the mare a broodmare to do anything else!!!!

Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2010, 08:07:42 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Sorry........ if your mare is in foal already to one stallion that is it until next year for her!!!

Myles, the mare is in foal for 2014, not 2015.
XxRebelliousLoverxX
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2010, 08:08:33 PM »

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I wrote that in a confusing way Myles, but I meant that she was foaling this year for her 2014 foal and I was wondering if it was okay to get the 2B August breeding spot to Spock for Image's 2015 foal. I also wasn't sure if it was okay/that you would allow a breeding for Cracked Image since her 2014 foal will be by Secretsarebound. Hope I wrote it clearer this time xD.

EDIT: Thanks Shanthi, you beat me to it. xD Again, I'm sorry if I confused anyone.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 08:10:54 PM by XxRebelliousLoverxX » Logged
JasonCameron
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »

Hi Miles
Thanks for confirming American Rhapsody for Spock.

Can you slot in Facetious for July 2A with Highland Bandit please? I believe I will pay $25k.

Cheers
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2010, 08:15:49 PM »

Got it Emma and Cat!!!!!!! Though Cat you'll have to make the mare a broodmare to do anything else!!!!

I am aware of that.  She will be retired shortly.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2010, 06:22:39 AM »

Thank you Miles  :)
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »

My apologies to all for Cracked Image!!!!  :-[ I saw her bred to Secretsarebound and all I saw was 2015!!!! I've had my eye exam this morning and it does indeed say 2014 as her foaling date! I will slot her in to be bred to Spock a.s.a.p.!!!

Myles

The Grey Stable
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2010, 01:00:24 PM »

Got it Jase!!!

Myles

The Grey Stable
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 04:28:39 PM by Smylie » Logged
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2010, 02:30:44 PM »

Myles,

I have noted that Inalillybit has been confirmed for a March 1B date with Spock. Thanks. She can't wait. She is in foal to Major's Flight and is due Jan 31st.

If one of the May openings for Spock are still open, could I please get a booking for Lady of Mystery? She is in foal to Magic Glory and is due on April 8th, so the April 2B slot might be too early for her.

Thanks.
Lewis
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2010, 04:28:07 PM »

Lewis,
     This is why we go thru these little exercises in booking mares to stallions. I trusted you when you said you wanted a spot for your mare and I would let you know as soon as I could after Jan. 15th. I did that and booked your mare with an available date as per the rules laid out. You knew from looking at the already partially filled out breeding schedule that was filled out that it would be March before she got her date and you said nothing at that time.
     Now you tell me that the "mare" couldn't wait. No, you couldn't wait, and as a result of that I'm sorry but you've opened up an early spot for someone else with more patience in the breeding end of this game. I will not be able to accept your other mare for a breeding to Spock as a consequence as well.
     The first breeder with a Gold or Platinum ranked mare that can fill the spot Lewis has left open will get a free breeding to Spock!!!

Myles

The Grey Stable
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »

Um, Myles, not to pur words in Lewis' mouth, but I don't think he was refusing the March spot for the mare. "She can't wait" can also mean "She/I is/am really looking forward to the breeding."

If you have to be snarky and rude, please do it over PM.
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »

If I was "snarky or rude" I apologize. The fact was was that he mare had already been bred to the other stallion. Does someone look at a breeding calender and see that February and March are booked with horses and expect to get a February booking?
     We all know that we can breed the mare as soon as she's foaled and the program takes care of the dates. I'm sure that I am not the only breeder with stallions that this has happened to and to date I've never seen anyone call someone on it. Yes, maybe it's done via P.M. but it still causes problems in the overall picture of 30 spots for 30 foaling mares with moveable foaling dates!
     There are consequences for everything we do in this life and I accept that some mare owners may pull there mares from breeding to my stallions, but we all can't sit in the same room and pretend to ignore the elephant in the corner.
     Once again I apologize if I have offended anyone!

Myles

The Grey Stable
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2010, 05:36:14 PM »

Um, Myles, not to pur words in Lewis' mouth, but I don't think he was refusing the March spot for the mare. "She can't wait" can also mean "She/I is/am really looking forward to the breeding."

If you have to be snarky and rude, please do it over PM.

Myles,

Shanthi is right. That is exactly what I meant. She is looking forward to her date with Spock. When I said that 'Inalilybit is in foal to Major's Flight and is due Jan 31st', I meant that she was bred to Major Glory last year and is due Jan 31st, this year, so the March date that you had put her down for was perfect. I'm sorry if the way I worded my post caused some confusion.

I hope that you will reconsider your decision to remove Lily's booking to Spock and that you will put Lady of Mystery down for one of the May slots.

When I said that Lady of Mystery was due on Apr 8th (this year) and that the April 2B slot would be too early for her, I had seen posts in the Forum advising Breeders to wait about a month after a mare had foaled before breeding them again, which was why I thought early March would have been perfect for Lily and May for Lady.

I have been looking forward to getting a breeding to Spock from last year when you first announced he was going to be retired to stud for this year, and posted you almost immediately afterwards. Why would I suddenly 'not be able to wait' so close to the breeding date?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:03:16 PM by Starfish » Logged
Lewis
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »

I'm, sorry,  :-[ I'm sorry,  :-[  I'm sorry..............  :-[ I really do need to get my eyes checked. Once again I thought it said 2015 and not 2014. I will reinstate Inalillybit to her former spot (as I think it works for her dates) and please accept a booking fee of $0 for my unwarrented rant against you. I will also get the other spot for Lady of Mystery (May 2B).   :-[

Myles

The Grey Stable
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »

Myles,

Perhaps it's safer to assume that all mares being booked are, in fact, not already booked for 2015 ;), before ranting against people for perceived emotions/intentions they don't have.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »

When I said that Lady of Mystery was due on Apr 8th (this year) and that the April 2B slot would be too early for her, I had seen posts in the Forum advising Breeders to wait about a month after a mare had foaled before breeding them again, which was why I thought early March would have been perfect for Lily and May for Lady.

Actually, the code forces you to wait 30 days after foaling to be re-bred. This is why there's occasionally some juggling with dates (if a mare is supposed to foal April 8 and instead foals March 10, or May 10).
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »

There are only 3 spots left open to breed to SPOCK left. DON'T miss your opportunity if you have a mare that fits the time frame!!!
RCorona
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2010, 08:57:57 AM »

Hi there,
would it be possible to book Ch ALL TOO DIVINE to Highland Magic for MAY 2A?
Regards,
RC
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »

Got it and done!

Thanks!
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

SPOCK has filled his stud book and it is now CLOSED.   :o The Grey Stable wishes to thank all the owner who had the foresight to breed to this Champion. May all you foals be stakes winners!!!!

Thanks

Myles

The Grey Stable
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 04:08:50 AM by Smylie » Logged
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »

Myles,

Help!!! I have a problem with the booking for Inalillybit to Spock.

'Lilly' was due to foal on Jan 30th, but didn't foal until this morning, Feb 28th. Her booking to Spock was for Mar 1B (Mar 1-10). Unfortunately, according to the code, she won't be able to be bred again before Mar 30th.

I know that Spock's book is already closed but is there any way to slot her in for a Mar 3A or 3B or even make a Mar 3C slot? I suspect that there isn't anything that can be done for this year, and, if I'm right about that, can I please switch her booking to Spock to next year?

I'm sorry for any problem this may cause you but guess that this is the joy and uncertainty of horse breeding. I still have Lady of Mystery booked to Spock for May. She is due around April 8th, so hopefully, she'll be more prompt than 'Lilly' was.

Thanks.

Shanthi - If you read this, any suggestions or will I just have to wait until next year?
Lewis
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »

Hey Smylie,

I'm going to have to cancel my booking to Highland Magic (May 1A) due to the mare (A.P. Whiskey) passing away during the birth of her foal.  I'd really hate to lose the booking altogether, so would it be alright if i send my stakes-winning mare, Bravodora ( http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=6502 ), in her place?  I have another open mare, Grama's Prize ( http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=13709 ), who I think would be a better fit for him (since Dora was a dud on the flat, but loved hurdles), but she hasn't won any stakes (thanks to FF's random race entering - she didn't run 'til she was 5YO).  She does, however, hold 3 speed records from 9.5f-12.5f over both dirt and turf.  I just don't want to spend the full $40k on her stud fee since she's a maiden.  I'll send whomever you prefer for the $20,000 - Bravodora with her required SW over hurdles, or Grama's Prize with her 3 speed records on the flat.  I'm assuming you'll stick to your guns and choose the SW, but thought I'd throw the other option out there (as I think she's the better option, personally), just in case.  Feel free to PM me either way.   :)

Thanks for understanding.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »

Alyssa,
     Your choice of mare for the same price as quoted for the mare that died! That is outside of your control that she died. You just let me know which one!!!

Myles

Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2010, 03:09:29 PM »

Myles,

Help!!! I have a problem with the booking for Inalillybit to Spock.

'Lilly' was due to foal on Jan 30th, but didn't foal until this morning, Feb 28th. Her booking to Spock was for Mar 1B (Mar 1-10). Unfortunately, according to the code, she won't be able to be bred again before Mar 30th.

I know that Spock's book is already closed but is there any way to slot her in for a Mar 3A or 3B or even make a Mar 3C slot? I suspect that there isn't anything that can be done for this year, and, if I'm right about that, can I please switch her booking to Spock to next year?

I'm sorry for any problem this may cause you but guess that this is the joy and uncertainty of horse breeding. I still have Lady of Mystery booked to Spock for May. She is due around April 8th, so hopefully, she'll be more prompt than 'Lilly' was.

Thanks.

Shanthi - If you read this, any suggestions or will I just have to wait until next year?

If she can't fit anywhere else in the stallion's book, you can breed her to another stallion or not breed her this year. Those are your choices.
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »

We found a spot for her Shanthi! Thanks!
Starfish
Beta Testers
Race Winner

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 01:58:46 AM »

Myles,

I hate to be a bother again.

I just realized that Lady of Mystery, who had a booking to Spock for May2, has been retired as a Broodmare so she will not be able to take that spot.

I have three broodmares who are currently not in foal and would be "available" to meet with Spock for that slot.  They are:-

Cherokee Accent, http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=4891 - She is a created mare with two foals (a yearling and a weanling) and no Breeding Ranking as yet.

Match Me Up, http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=2990 - She is also a created mare and has three live foals (a 3YO who has won once in 12 starts, an unraced 2YO, a weanling and a stillborn foal) and also has no Breeding Ranking as yet.

Topaz, http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=2221 - She has two foals (a yearling and a weanling) and no Breeding Ranking as yet.

Would any of these three be acceptable replacements so that you don't lose out on the Stud Fees, or do you have a reserve for that slot?

Sorry about that.

Lewis
Lewis
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »

Lewis,
     Sorry for missing this!!! I have moved Match Me Up into the slot Lady of Mystery had. Thanks for letting me know and best of luck with your new foal!!!

Myles

The Grey Stable
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Stallion Advertising  |  Topic: 2014: The Grey Stable Stallions « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2014: The Grey Stable Stallions - Theme by Mustang Forums