Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 24, 2021 12:41am

Final Furlong Forum - 12/26

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:41:42 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 12/26
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 12/26  (Read 270 times)
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:51:12 PM »

Sent 12 out, mostly 2YOs...

4YO SC mare, Catonahottinroof, finished 2nd/6 in her NW1.  Her record for the year looks decent on paper - 6 starts, 0-2-2, but she just can't figure it all out after making the switch to SC this year, despite running in low-level races.  She'll continue to run next year, in hopes that she just hasn't hit her stride yet (and hopefully not that she just missed it running on the flat).

2YO Hello Goodbye ran her best-ever race, finishing 4th/6 in her NW2 and earning her first SF.  Here's hoping she'll continue to bloom.

3YO Alyflame (x Alydar), claimed in Australia (where he was doing well), hasn't liked the US racing conditions.  I hadn't meant for him to wind up in the US, either - oh, the irony.  Today, he finished 6th/8 in his NW2 today.  Not sure what the future holds for him yet, because the current conditions obviously won't do.

2YO Etta James (x Jazz It Up) finished 5th/6 against some pretty talented fillies.  All her older 1/2 siblings are at least winners, and Jazz has some awesome offspring, so hopefully it's just that we haven't figured her out and/or she's not in her prime yet.

2YO O Mercy Me was the highlight of the day.  He not only wired his NW3, but also earned a SF of 140.  He is currently undefeated on the turf (only two starts, but hey...).  Might be time to consider a stakes race, just to see how he does...

3YO Lucky Fox (x Gallant Fox) has proven to like longer distances with another win.  This time, she earned a SF of 124, making me guess that she also likes that I let her run nekkid today.

3YO Sheza Hornet, who has showed some ability in the past, ran a dismal 4th/6.  Unfortunately, this has been her norm, and the good runs have been the exception.  Still trying to figure out how to motivate this one.

2YO Alyglamour (x Alydar, and out of our own brood, The Cover Girl), managed a 3rd/13 in her open allowance against some very well-bred horses.  I really wasn't expecting her to fare so well, as it is only her 3rd race and she'll still a maiden...but glad to see she's game, even if she's got a pretty bad case of place-itis.

2YO Tizsosudden (x Tiznow) finished 6th/14 in his open allowance.  It was only his second start, so we've got a long way to go with this guy.

2YO Outrageouslyfunny (x Seabiscuit) still refuses to finish off the board, coming in 3rd/6 in his open allowance.  He's been incredibly consistant this year - glad to see it's continuing on.

2YO Renegade Song (x Cigar) finished 4th/9 in her maiden, which is pretty typical for her this year.  I'm hoping she's still got some growing up to do.

3YO Playful Breeze (x I'm A Classic) also ran in a maiden, finishing 3rd/6.  She's been consistantly in the money this year, despite never having found the winner's circle.

4YO Gotta Have Faith (x Secretariat, a Stillwater lease), did not perform today, finishing 12th/14.  We got him to a couple of good races, but he didn't fare as well as we had hoped this year, with only one win and one place.

4YO Premiere Night finished 2nd/6 in his NW3.  Can't complain about a paycheck!

2YO Westpoint (x Point Given) finished a strong 2nd/6 in his NW2.  He's been consistant on turf so far, so we'll see how next year goes.

And lastly, 3YO Fly Away finished 4th/6 in his starter allowance.  He has an uncertain future, as he's not consistant enough for me.  Maybe a sale, maybe a switch to SC...something.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 12/26 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 12/26 - Theme by Mustang Forums