Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 22, 2021 9:44am

Final Furlong Forum - 1/6

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:44:57 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/6
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/6  (Read 402 times)
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
1/6
« on: January 06, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »

Recent purchase Let's Boogie came through for us by winning his SC allowance. He was our only highlight of the day. Hurricane Success managed to finish sixth of twelve in his allowance and Roses R Up finished seventh of eleven in his allowance.
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:41:35 PM »

Class Above justified staying on the flat and started his 6YO season in good order with a second place finish in the G2 Warwick Stakes. He also earned Grand Champion status,  :)

Egyptian Jazz is headed for the hurdles. She's been a baffling horse, but I sincerely believe she'll eventually live up to her breeding.
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
Vesper
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:47:12 PM »

Bolt of Lightning returned to form with a nice win in his 8.5f Starter Allowance.

Recent purchase French Court also went out, but came back 6th/6. I may ship him to the US, where Visionary Racing is located.

We claimed Fancy Free for $5,000 today, and she came in a nice 3rd/6 in her 9f claiming race. I'm excited to see how far she'll go.
takeachance
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 12:15:37 AM »

Only one out. Our impeccably bred Indy's Prospect came in 2nd for the 7th time! She does have a few wins under her belt, but she really seems content to be second best every time... gotta figure out what will give her that extra push. ???
Zurg
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 12:39:32 AM »

I only had one horse entered to race today. I knew it was not a strong race for her to long in the distance.... ::)

Equalizer came in 6th place
Sora
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:55:59 AM »

Not a bad first meet of the new year.

Life's So Grand has never run particularly well, and I'm not overly surprised she didn't do so well, placing 10/14 in her NW2. I'll send her home for some rest, and get her fitness up. I can retire her to brood in a few months in all else fails.

My A.P. Indy filly, Love Letters did well for herself in her first race as a 3yo, finishing 2nd in her 7f Turf NW2. I think she'll do better in a bit longer race, so I'll try that next time.

Baltic Bird, my grand old girl ran in her last race today. I entered her in the Gr. 2 Pasqual Handicup against the boys. She held her own, finishing 3rd. This year and last, Birdie ran ina total of 16 stakes races, and was on the board over 60% of the time and in the money over 80% of the time. She's going to see As You Wish to make a beautiful baby.
kayte56
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Diamond Dale Farm

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »

I had 2 out

My newly turned 3 yr old filly, She's a Trooper, finished dead last again.  I'm giving her this year and if anything at all, she off to find a boyfriend next year.

My 5 yr old mare, Cobblestones, won her last race but this time out decided that she didn't want to put out an effort so I decided that she just didn't want run.  She's done ok for her one year racing (she's created, so she musta just came in early last year) but wasn't consistent.  I had toyed on my decision, because of that one year on the track but in the end decided to see what she could produce baby-wise. She will probably have a visit with As You Wish if I can get a spot

--Kayte
Diamond Dale Farm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/6 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/6 - Theme by Mustang Forums