Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 17, 2021 7:47pm

Final Furlong Forum - 4/7

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 11:47:38 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 4/7
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4/7  (Read 439 times)
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
4/7
« on: April 08, 2010, 12:38:36 AM »

I have a real good feeling about this year for Tall Oaks racing wise :)

Disco Ball conquered his SC allowance handily. Last year he was a inconsistant 2yo but this year he may start pulling his weight. I raced his dam so to see Disco doing well is a big plus.

Catchafallingstar, I am so over the moon with the talent this boy has. Since he joined our string he has finished on the board in 5 out of 6 races, including three wins with his latest win being in today's 7 furlong Fire Plug stakes. To be honest, I was unsure how he would do since the distance was a little short but he came through like a champion. Won by four lengths going away. I'm hopeful he'll be running BC race in October.

Celtic Starz, finally found her stride and snagged her first victory. She's a very nicely bred mare, fairly consistant but she's had a rough time figuring how to put it all together. I'm so pleased she pulled it off today.

Dark Lairs finished fifth in his first race ever which is something I'm quite impressed by, then again he's a Laird baby out of a former Tall Oaks owned now gold ranked broodmare. I think I'm on the right track with his equipment but he needs a longer distance to really show what he has.

Ring of Royals, one of my personal favorites finished dead middle in his allowance. I'll keep the blinkers on him as well but next time he'll go a slightly longer distance.

Let's Boogie was a slight disappointment, running 7th out of 8. He'll come home for a month to recover and rest before he goes back to the track.
ballydoyle2010
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »

Not a bad day for Ballydoyle again!!!

-BEDBUG finished a good 2nd in a NW2, hopefully he can improve on that. IMAL OF MA SHEEN finished a well beaten 3rd in the same race... he will probably be sold soon!
-PASSED THE LINE won well his claimer beating his stable companion GRAND PRAIRE into 2nd position...PTL clearly is not the horse he used to be but hopefully he can stay competitive at this level for a while before retirement! GP will probably be sold soon...
-CATALYST finished 5th well beaten in Allowance company...probably outclassed...but should be competitive at Starter Allowance/Claimer level!
5 out 1 win - 2 seconds - 1 third - 1 fifth...  ;D ;D ;D
P
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:01:27 PM »

So-so day today with seven out and five picking up (small) paychecks.

Belle Air Sizzle finished 5th of 5 on her first start and whilst that's not ideal she's from created lines so a bit of a guessing game with her. This was a turf race so we might try her on the dirt next time.

Our second 2yo runner was Coldenoughforsnow and she finished a promising 2nd. She's also from created lines and is already over 17 hands so I thought she'd be a late starter - very pleased with today's result  :)

Catch and Release finished 5th in her SC claimer. Although she picked up a small bit of money she really doesn't seem to enjoy racing and has been retired  :( Hopefully she'll be able to enjoy life at the farm keeping the broodmares and babies company.

After a break at the farm Mayhem finished 5th on her reappearance. Having been quite consistent earleier in the year we were hopeful of a better showing but maybe next time...

Just Like Ice also finished 5th on her first try for us on the dirt. She didn't run too badly but seems to prefer turf so we'll try and look out for a suitable filly/mare turf race for her.

Ice Tiger and The Orca Spirit finished 9th and 12th of 14 in the same dirt maiden. Hard to know what to do with thease two. Tiger is multiple placed and not sure whether to try her over obstacles. Orca has shown no form whatsoever - maybe fences for her too.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
TLawrence
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 10:01:52 PM »

Sent our our first couple of two year olds.

Editor's Pen came a promising second.

Everyone else. Umm. Yeah.
hollyh1125
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »

This group of 2yo's were much more promising than the group out on 4/3.  We had a hand full of 2nds and a couple of surprising wins.

2yo's

Born Rich, our Omaha colt finishing in 2nd/14.
Captivator, a Cigar filly also finished 2nd/14.
Cash Me In, one of our foal aucion purchases finished 2nd/5.
Cross Strike, our Cross Roads filly who we feel fortunate to own, finished 2nd/14.
HijackThis, one of High Chances fillies, finished a closing 2nd/6 against the boys.
Nanana Nah Boo Boo finished 1st/14 in her NW3 against the boys.
Not Debatable also finished 1st/6 in her NW2 allowance.
Only Black finished a promising 3rd/6.
Ramayana our Highland Bandit girl also finished a very promising 3rd/14.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 03:17:07 AM »

Sent eight out, some good, some bad:

3YO maiden, Alyglamour (x Alydar), from our own brood, The Cover Girl, ran a respectable 3rd/14 in her 13f dirf maiden race.  She's had a serious case of place-itis, but at least she's been consistant, placing in the money 4 of 5 starts so far.  Just wish we could figure out how to motivate her into the winner's circle!

3YO Bridezilla (x created) WON the ungraded Star Shoot Stakes at Woodbine.  We weren't sure how she would handle it, so glad to see that she handled it beautifully!

4YO Ch. Classic Irish (x I'm A Classic) ran a respectable 2nd/10, despite a drop from stakes to allowance due to lesser performance.  She did, however, beat some recognizable names, even though we know she's about ready to come home from Australia after her 6 month campaign there.

3YO maiden Etta James (x Jazz It Up) ran a very fast-paced race, finishing 2nd/6 and earning a most impressive SF.  Maybe a win isn't so far off for this girl.

3YO maiden, Hello Goodbye (x created), ran 4th/6 in her NW1.  Meh.  This girl is probably headed to the sticks if there's not much improvement by fall.

3YO maiden, Twirlaway (x Whirlaway), ran 6th/12 in her maiden race.  Still trying to figure this one out, but she's one I don't want to give up on because I LOVE her pedigree.  Stablemate Unique Style (x created), an immature 3YO, made her first attempt in the same race, finishing 12th/12...but we kind of expected that.

Solar Flare (x Secretariat) was the only 2YO to make his debut today, but unfortunately, he did not live up to his pedigree, finishing 11th/11.  Typical 2YO.   ::)
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: GCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 4/7 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 4/7 - Theme by Mustang Forums