Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 18, 2021 10:17pm

Final Furlong Forum - 4/24

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:17:55 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 4/24
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4/24  (Read 463 times)
Chris
Trainer

Stable Name: Tall Oaks Farm

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2010, 05:18:47 PM »

Fairly good day.

Dark Lairs, one of our homebred 2yos won his maiden second time out today. It's likely he'll visit a few stakes races this year. :)

Ring of Royals bounded back exceptionally from a dismal first start to finish second today. I'm hopeful he'll continue to improve gradually.

Sky Chances is definitely living up to our wishes. He finished third in his allowance today. He's another one who will likely visit stakes company this year.

Dashing Flight, Ring of Royals' half-sister finished second in her SC allowance which gives us hope that she'll be a little more consistant.

Moonlit Nights is proving to have been a wise claiming decision. She finished fourth in the Louisville Breeders' Cup even though the distance was a bit short for her.

Catchafallingstar, one of the best horses ever to step foot on Tall Oaks since Almost A Star. He won the Grade 3 Skip Away Handicap at Gulfstream today and upgraded his dam from Gold to Platinum status while also making himself Ch level. He'll go back down to Pimlico for the Henry S Clark stakes May 5th. Cat becomes Planet Hollywood's seventeenth MSW following this victory.

On the downside, our promising Jazz It Up, Roses R Up broke his leg and had to be retired.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 05:49:01 PM »

The lack of winners continues but managed to pick up paychecks with both our runners. Just Like Ice and Lachlan Steven both finished third in their respective races. Also means Lachlan Steven gets a placed effort on his race record - hopefully onwards and upwards for him.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Pud
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »

GREAT DAY AT RACEWAY

We had two in today

Bounce Back a 2yo(x created) ran back a decent 5th in her 2nd outing not bad give her a rest and see how she comes back from this one.

Our pride and joy today is Last Act a 3yo(I'm A Classic(S) X Last Hope(S)) he ran in the  GR2  7.5 furlong Louisville Breeders' Cup and WON h received a 135 SF and upgraded his dam from bronz to silver he is the first SW of Last Hope who has multiple SP foals. Last Act didn't start racing until this year and we only recently claimed him a few weeks ago his record overall is now 6(1)-4(1)-1-0-0$243,450 and 79pts we have high hopes for this guy he will hopefully come back on 5/12 in the 5.5 furlong Matt Winn Stakes (Ungr) $100,000.  Everything will depend on how he comes back from this race, until next time good luck from everyone at Raceway Farm

Sincerely,
                                  Pud

Turquoise
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »

Ring of Hands wired her 8.5f NW1 allowance against an all male field. Really pleased with her performance, she earned a strong SF, and hopefully she'll continue to improve. In the meantime I think I'll give her a bit of a break.

Seven Seas turned in a decent performance, finishing 7/14 in his open allowance. He actually earned pretty good SF in a very competitive field, so I'm hoping he'll improve off of this race.
DappledM
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:11:29 AM »

Two out, and one back.

Big Bang Breakup didn't fire in her race, coming in at 5th.

My good ol' boy Arrun came in first in the Crown Royal American Turf.
Emily
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AM »

Charming Agent, won his second race in a row in a 5f NW1 dirt. He's definitely going to be in some stakes later this year I think.

Time Turner
was 9th in her race. I think I'll put her back on the dirt where she broke her maiden.

South Pacific was a disappointing 11th in a 5f dirt allowance. He's always done fairly well on dirt, those he's preferred turf. This is only his second start after a layoff, so hopefully he's not going over the hill at 3...

Abstract Royalty
was 9th in a 7.5 NW3 SC. She's a horribly inconsistent horse though.
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »

Sent out 10 of the ladies and only one of the fellows, with very mixed results (although the bank account, collectively, was increased):

4YO Playful Breeze (x I'm A Classic, out of a now gold-ranked mare) FINALLY broke her maiden - it's about dang time!!!  Her 3 other 1/2 siblings (excluding her 2YO 1/2 sis and the yearling) are all AT LEAST stakes winners (Ch. Hastings Lady and Ch. Touchstone), if not MSW (Ch. Northern Breeze), and she's been a pretty consistant paycheck earner.  Maybe she's finally starting to come into her own.

2YO Reading Rainbow (x Crystal Rainbow) and 2YO Long Kiss Goodbye (x created) made their debuts in a joint entry, and they had fun trailing the field together to finish 9th and 12, respectively, in their field of 14.  They still have a lot to learn.   ::)

2YO Wanderlust (x created) and 2YO Afterglow (x Affirmed, out of our own CrossTheThreshold) were also entered as a joint entry, but at least one of them got the memo.  Wanderlust wired the race, while Afterglow frolicked home 9th/12 - her very successful 1/2 siblings, MSW GCh. Debut Performance, SW Encore Performance, and SP Murder By Numbers would not approve.   :)  Typical 2YO for ya!

4YO Theatrical Lady (x created) ran a solid 3rd in her allowance after dropping down from the stakes level.  She'll probably remain at the allowance level for now until - if- she can prove herself consistant.

2YO Dovetail (x created) made her debut, and while the race was exhilarating to watch (she led the race for the first 6f of the 6.5f race), she just didn't show any passion or late speed, and crossed the wire in the 10th position out of 14 horses.  We're chalking it up to inexperience, and hoping for better luck in the future.

5YO Flying Feline (x created) made her first start of the year, finishing a dismal 10th/11, which is so unlike her.   :(  I'm hoping she's not past her prime and that it's just a lack of fitness - she DID just come off of a 5 week rest at the farm.  We'll see how the next race goes.

Ivy Creek's sole male entry of the day, 3YO Classic Point (x Point Given) ran 5th/7 in his open allowance on a very wet track - his first experience with it.  To his credit, it WAS a very close race between the 2nd-4th place finishers, but he just wasn't able to pull it off.  We'll keep trying with this guy, because frankly, I just love his pedigree and want him to live up to it.   :)

And last but not least, we finished the day with another joint entry - this time in the Queenston Stakes (G2).  4YO Bold Jewel (x Bold Ruler) won, becoming a MSW and earning her Ch. title.  She's been bouncing back from her races REALLY fast lately, and doing really well in them, too.  She's clearly in her prime right now, and I can't wait to see where this takes her.   :)  Meanwhile 3YO Bridezilla (x created), who recently won her first stakes race, did not like the switch to turf, fighting her jockey every inch and finishing dead last.  We got the message, loud and clear.   ::)  First and last, what a race.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
hollyh1125
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:53:04 PM »

Interesting day to say the least. :)

2yo's
Born Rich brought home another paycheck.  A small one for 5th but we are excited about him all the same. :)

Captivator is obviously still getting her legs under her.  She got a little upset at the start of her race and never recovered to finish 10th.

Nanana Nah Boo Boo had another good run and finished 1st in her allowance.  Two for two so far.

Rose Will Do improved a little bit and finished in 4th this time.

Run It Up is really not showing any interest yet.  He's going to get one or two more starts before the decision is made to send him back to the farm for some maturing.

Stylish Wish didn't have as good of a go on the turf but still managed a 3rd.

Times of Glory is in the same boat as Run It Up. He's got way to good of lines to be running immaturely.

Wizardly Lady also had another good go today and stayed on the board for 3rd.

3yo's and up

Fortune Teller had a much better go today on the turf and finished 2nd in an allowance.

Golden Tomcat got a little fire under his tail and showed us what he's capable of by wiring an allowance and earning a 144 SF.

Hugo got a little back today by finishing 2nd in his allowance.

Play My Game stayed consistant with a 3rd in her NW2.

We felt very lucky to have won our claim today and bring Crowned In Dreams(A Bold Ruler son) home with us.  Despite being FF owned he has had 3 wins this year outside of claimers and a 6th place finish in the Melbourne which was really waaaaay to long for him.  Needless to say he wired his claimer and we can't wait to unlock his potential.

Devil In Disguise and Shy Guy were bother entered in the Crown Royal American Turf.  Devil stayed consistant and finished 3rd while Shy Guy lead the majority of the race only to DNF in the stretch.

Chasing Stardom earned his MSW status by running a very nice Fort Marcy Handicap.

Gilttogo is getting a little marish in her old age and wasn't in the right state of mind to race.

Iron Man may have earned himself retirement today by finishing dead last.  I hate to think 6yo is old but he's had a good career.

Noteasybeingreen seemed to of had a confusing run.  With all his experience he just wasn't able to make it around horses in his usual explosion in the stretch. Still though he finished mid pack in 5th.

Swarovski is also a bit over the hill and probably should have retired her to the breeding shed but we'll have fun keeping her around till next year because we do love to see her do well the sometimes she dicides to run.  She finished 6th in her stakes race.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 4/24 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 4/24 - Theme by Mustang Forums