Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 21, 2021 8:02am

Final Furlong Forum - 2014 2yo Auction!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 12:02:47 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual 2yo Auction  |  Topic: 2014 2yo Auction!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 2yo Auction!  (Read 3565 times)
CloverSprings
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »

Thanks for fixing that so quickly Shanthi!  Good luck to everyone!   ;D
Smylie
Trainer

Stable Name: The Grey Stable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »

I thought that the Auction program only let you bid on up to 5 horses to a limit of $100,000. I see some people bidding on upwards of 10 horses or more? Yes I realize that once they hit 5 horses or $100,000 that will be it but it looks strange to see Corona and Krajina have that many bids on different horses. Just had another look and I think it's Stormy Island Stable already has 6 horses won and Krajina has 9!!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:14:19 PM by Smylie » Logged
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
MCORONA80
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 02:20:18 PM »

2014 Annual 2yo Auction

Horse names in blue indicate that the horse is a colt/stallion.
Horse names in red indicate that the horse is a filly/mare.
Horse names in green indicate that the horse is a gelding.

Click on a column header to sort by that value.

The time is currently Jun. 13th, 2014 06:16:17
The auction starts on Jun. 12th, 2014 00:00:00
The auction ends on Jun. 26th, 2014 23:59:59

Horses will sell 12 hours after the last bid is placed, or at the close of the auction.

There is no limit on the number of horses you may buy.
You are limited to spending $100,000 total in this auction

To the best of my knowledge the above are the terms of the Auction...100,000$ max... no limits on the horses you can by... It is there a the top of the Auction page for everybody to see!!!! If you buy cheap horses you can buy a fair few for 100.000$...

Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

My apologies, as it does in fact say that. I think there used to be a limit on the number as well as the dollar value....... oh well......... Time for more Meds............. Happy bidding my friend!!!  ::)
If I'd know I was gonna live this long........ I'd have taken better care of myself!!!
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2010, 03:25:23 PM »

I think there has been a limit of 5 horses on previous auctions Myles, this is certainly the first time I've seen a FF auction with no limit on number of horses purchased. Certainly means you can get a fair few ponies if you can get them cheap  :)
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »

I usually put a limit but I didn't this time, if you can score 100 horses for 1k each, well done for you.
JasonCameron
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2010, 04:09:31 PM »

Congrats Cat on the Seeing Starz filly!
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2010, 06:51:11 PM »

Thanks, Jason.  I was absolutely flabbergasted that I had won!
CloverSprings
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »

Lucky duck!!!  ;D  I was really hoping to win her, but I put my money on my second choice instead now.  :P
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2010, 02:03:41 AM »

O.K. Now I know there is something up with the code for the Auction. Marshall Creek has already won 1 horse for 45,000 and has bids on 5 others that total over $105,000, not including the horse already won. Unless the limit has been raised and I need to refresh my auction screen I think there is a problem.

I also just entered 51,500 for a horse and it said it took my bid for $100,000...Somethings wrong here!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 03:59:35 AM by Smylie » Logged
pureblarney
Jockey

Stable Name: Mayfair

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 03:05:55 AM »

I feel lucky to feel satisfied with my picks & wins... I'll be back a little later when the final results are in. It's hard being a smaller stable with a smaller budget when others have much bigger pots! Good on the ones who used the "no limit" option to their advantage.  :)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »

I also just entered 51,500 for a horse and it said it took my bid for $100,000...Somethings wrong here!!!!!

I don't know what would have caused this - I just outbid someone and it correctly took my bid and didn't default it to $100,000.

Seriously, people, there is a bug system for a reason. I understand it's kind of a pain to use, but it helps me a lot in tracking issues. I can't/won't fix individual problems from forum posts, especially when the complain is "somethings wrong", because that's virtually impossible to diagnose.
Smylie
Trainer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »

Original issue I reported here has been listed on the Bug reports and how to replicate it. I'm not going to try and replicate the $100,000 issue I reported simply because I don't need that kind of headache. Sorry for that!
My thought was because of the short time span on the acutions(12hrs) that it might be prudent to go thru the forum.
Andy
Beta Testers
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Gintara Lodge

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:55 AM »

O.K. Now I know there is something up with the code for the Auction. Marshall Creek has already won 1 horse for 45,000 and has bids on 5 others that total over $105,000, not including the horse already won. Unless the limit has been raised and I need to refresh my auction screen I think there is a problem.

I held the bid on one of the two remaining horses at $80k having topped what was the current bid at $60k, Marshall Creek Ranch have already purchased two horses totaling about $70k yet they have bid this horse up to $100k.

I actually only bid in the first place so they wouldn't have to worry about spending past the limit yet they have come back again to bump up the price, why? Surely the rules aren't that hard to understand  ::)

The system used to stop this happening?
Once is a mistake, twice is stupidity!
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2010, 11:47:04 AM »

I actually only bid in the first place so they wouldn't have to worry about spending past the limit yet they have come back again to bump up the price, why? Surely the rules aren't that hard to understand  ::)

The system used to stop this happening?

It's fixed now, relax. Yes, Marshall Creek made invalid bids, but maybe it was human error. They may not have noticed that there was a spending limit, since the code wasn't enforcing it.

Just calm down, please. And in the future, this sort of thing is not "critical" for the bug system. It's critical in that it'll be a pain for me to manually fix later if the auction finished with invalid bids, but 99.9% of the game would continue to work as normal. "Critical" bugs are ones like the entire site being down, or all of the horses disappearing from the game, or something.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual 2yo Auction  |  Topic: 2014 2yo Auction! « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2014 2yo Auction! - Theme by Mustang Forums