Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Oct. 22, 2021 3:58am

Final Furlong Forum - 2014 Select Auction - How'd You Do?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 07:58:55 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: 2014 Select Auction - How'd You Do?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 Select Auction - How'd You Do?  (Read 2322 times)
Brandi
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 05:52:49 PM »

We popped in late in the auction to try not to buy anything but nothing ever goes as planned!

We came home with one. :)

Unnamed (by Harvard Bound (S)) There was something about this colt that we just liked. He's out of the mare Showgirl (S) whom is also a Reine-De-Course (I). She hasn't produced the classiest foals, but she does have a high number of winners (78%).

Even though we got him for $75,000, he'll be interesting to play with.
skyclad
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

Spent way more than I intended but I got both horses that I wanted!

Furore is a lovely little bay filly with a lot of chrome. She's by Giant's Causeway, who is silver-ranked, and Dueces Wild (also silver) who has produced GCh. ShezaWildDevil and Ch. Ain't Misbehavin'.

Machair is a handsome grey colt. I love Point Given, and he's my favorite color, so of course I wanted him. Point Given is silver-rated, and his dam, Highland Fern, is a gold-rated broodie by Highland Rogue, who's a gold-rated broodmare sire. She's produced an MSW and two stakes-placed runners from three runners.

I have high hopes for them!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:35:47 PM by skyclad » Logged
Shirozora
Owner

Stable Name: RC Bee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 11:40:24 AM »

Got into the auction action late only because I noticed that my MSW filly's dam was there. Couldn't afford the mare but went for broke trying to get my filly's yearling half-brother (I hope this doesn't come back to bite me).

Our newest (and last of the year) purchase is a black yearling by A.P. Indy (S)-Whirling Diamond (G), by Whirlaway (S). His temporary name is Archangel Castiel while I come up with something infinitely cooler (or not; I love the nerdy angel, ::)). I hope he earns back his $200,000 price tag and then some; his two half sisters are stakes winners and his relative is the spectacular NCh. SpectacularDiamond. He's got quite the family name to live up to :o
RC Bee Stables proudly stands: Eighteen Karat, What's It Worth (P)-Heart of Gold (S), by Mr. Prospector (S)
2020: $2,500 LFG || Breeders' Cup nominated
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Select Auction  |  Topic: 2014 Select Auction - How'd You Do? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2014 Select Auction - How'd You Do? - Theme by Mustang Forums