Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Dec. 18, 2021 4:02am

Final Furlong Forum - How'd You Do? [2014 Edition]

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 08:02:34 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? [2014 Edition]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How'd You Do? [2014 Edition]  (Read 6619 times)
Mesa
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »

Got both the main two horse I was looking for which I'm happy at.

Wizard Prince - Yearling colt.ICh. Prince of Wonder x Ch. Special Gift (NCh. Highland Wizard). I love his linage and had to have him. Got him for $25,000

Devil's Dawn (Formally Unnamed) - yearling filly. NCh. Devil May Care x Dawning Light (Crimson Lad). I own a colt by her sire and i've been watching for any foals by him for sale. Spent more then I would have liked but she's worth it at $54,500
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 08:34:43 PM »

because of an earlier bug it had let me bid when i was still in the running for the one i got whoever wants the following baby my max on her is 50k just go over that by $1 and you will lead as i have spent my 100k this is for anyone that is looking at her:)

Unnamed    2014    Weanling    Rumor Has It    Sudden Appearance    Unraced    Final Furlong    None    $14,000    Iron Spur Stables    0d 3h 3m 4s    Bid
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
Mintano
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »

Ended up comig home with two, both colts.

Free For All whom we renamed Fawkes ala Harry Potter fame.  ;) Devil May Care (S) X Phoenix (G) - Fawkes is 1/2 to 3 multiple stakes winner and another 2 single stakes winners. I really like his pedigree, both his sire and dam throw consistent high quality runners. Here's hoping he's another, looks like he may also have a little chasing ability, two of his siblings have shown ability in that sphere.

JeSais we also renamed Querido in a similar vein to his 1/2 sister Romancer who was my first horse on FF and met an untimely death after birthing her first foal. Needless to say this guy was pretty much a sentimental buy though he's got a great family on his side as well! Crystal Rainbow (S) X Believe Me (S) - His sire has had quite the success early on with only 2 foal crops consisting of a total of 13 winners from 23 starters and already has 3 multiple stakes winners, one of whom is a multi-millionaire and another 2 stakes winners. Those statistics are more impressive considering most of his foals seem to need some time to mature and look to hit their stride as 3yo's. On his mother's side he has quite the impressive family. He is a 1/2 brother to 2 multiple stakes winners one which is a millionaire and another who is a multi-millionaire. He also has another 2 siblings who are single stakes winners, one of whom is the aforementioned Romancer and the other I also own, Accolade. All 8 of his siblings who are of racing age are winners. Needless to say we are pretty excited about this guy!
Paul
Beta Testers
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Windward Farm

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2010, 01:32:46 AM »

Well I have 3. With a new stable I probably should not have invested in a weanling but I bred each of these so I said what the heck ;D

Contentious    NCh. Seattle Sorcerer x Ch. Aerolite    Yearling     
Spirt Moon    NCh. Lasting Spirit x Ch. Harvest Goddess    Yearling
Last Road to Cross    NCh. Lasting Spirit x Ch. All Too Cross    Weanling     

Paul
Windward Farm
Mintano
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2010, 03:04:49 AM »

Well I have 3. With a new stable I probably should not have invested in a weanling but I bred each of these so I said what the heck ;D

Contentious    NCh. Seattle Sorcerer x Ch. Aerolite    Yearling     
Spirt Moon    NCh. Lasting Spirit x Ch. Harvest Goddess    Yearling
Last Road to Cross    NCh. Lasting Spirit x Ch. All Too Cross    Weanling     

Paul
Windward Farm

Missed your intro post, good to have you back Paul!
megan1820
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 04:44:46 AM »

I got 2:

Arrogant    Filly    Worth My While x Galatica   Yearling
Unnamed Colt     A.P. Indy x Bonfire    Weanling

I need to come up with a name for that colt. I'm brainstorming at the moment.
Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 04:56:10 AM »

We decided to splurge just a bit (with having 1 foal sell for a good price, and this being the first year we can risk more than 15k, haha), and brought home 4 yearlings. Was hoping to get a 5th but the colt went out of our spending limit.

Cherokee Princess - by NCH. Boldness Shows (S) out of Cherokee Freedom.

Red Dog - We were super excited to get this guy. A son of the retired chef-de-race Almost Home (S) out of Foxy Queen (B), whose 2 racing-age foals are both winners.

Hills of Snow - by NCH. Gimme a Shot (S) out of Icy Honor (B), she is a half-sister to 4 winners and one stakes placer.

Pepper Bomb - Titanium x Red Hot Quesadilla (by Dizzybird Jazz).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:46:40 PM by Shelbie » Logged
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 06:42:14 AM »

Well, we were rather sad to lose the NCh. Gazelle daughter we had set our hearts on, but we managed to get our 2nd choice.

Pearls of Wisdom is the last daughter of Sister Sage (G) and from WCh. Strider's first crop.  She's 1/2 to NCh. Highland Sage and GCh. Worthy Sage, as well as a handful of other stakes horses.

We are also happy to see the foals we listed sell for a reasonable sum this year.  Good luck to their new owners! 
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 06:14:23 PM »

Pleased to finally come home with three, two colts and a filly (all unnamed) and all three were on the original wish list so I'm pretty happy with that.

First in Ganymede a yearling colt by Strider out of Across The Stars. He's from Strider's first crop so not quite sure what to expect but mum is stakes placed although no runners as of yet. She has an unraced 2yo in the Final Furlong stable.

Then the filly who's been named Rebel Yell. She's by Chef-de-Race Almost Home out of silver ranked Flash Photography. All the dam's previous foals are winners with two SWs and one MSW so fingers crossed she might have some potential.

And finally Unnamed by Giant's Causeway out of Just A Fox. The mare has produced one SW,MSP runner and the other two to race are both winners. Not sure exactly what he'll be called but as he's a weanling there's still a bit of time to make a decision. Had an afterthought regarding the name and I've gone for Sionnach which is apparently a very old Irish word for Fox  :)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:46:17 PM by imagine » Logged
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
NCh Golden Text
ICh Quarren
WCh Sionnach
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
pureblarney
Jockey

Stable Name: Mayfair

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »

Nabbed three, and didn't even have to max out at $100K! Success?  ;)

Yearling colt by Sadler's Wells out of Gold-rated Timeless Wiccan. He's been dubbed Donmar, after another very famous London theater. Very excited to debut him in a few months!

Weanling filly by NCh. Sneak Peek out of Gold-rate Lost Without You. She's been named Midnight Premiere, though she's got another year before she hits the track.

Weanling colt by GCh. Worth My While out of as-yet unrated Good Times Roll. He's still got a year at home as well, but I love Stormy Island's name for him-- Laissez Faire.

JasonCameron
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »

With 37 yearlings ( :o ), I really shouldn't have made another addition...

I couldn't resist Highland Wish. She's a gorgeous 15.1h grey filly by WCh. As You Wish (S) out of Ch. Highland Fern (G). Her lines are fantastic - her sire is Secret of Love x Cross My Heart and her dam is Highland Rogue x Botany. I've got a soft spot for horses out of Highland Rogue mares and this little filly was going too cheap to give up!

Me thinks there will be a Vaucluse Farm sale in the new year so watch this space!
Paul
Beta Testers
Exercise Rider

Stable Name: Windward Farm

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 09:14:05 PM »

Nice filly Jason.
Whispy
Beta Testers
Groom

Stable Name: Whisperwood Acres

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »

I got only one horse (so far), but this is the one I wanted the most (I also wanted that Just A Fox colt, but you can't win 'em all, lol). She's a tiny 14.1hh Unnamed yearling by No Duplicate out of ICh. Little Miss, the mare being a fantastic producer, and her own dam is a fantastic producer as well. I'm not sure yet what to name her, but I'm sure it'll come to me soon.
Turquoise
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 02:08:49 AM »

Very happy with these three:

Diamond Ring is a pretty little yearling by Ich. Ring of Fire out of Diamondintherust, a daughter of Omaha, whose only foal to race to date is a stakes winner.

Parvenu, originally named Paparazzi, is by Ch. Rumor Has It out of Nouvelle Riche, who is Black Gold x Trouble Ahead (G). Did some research on her dam's name, which essentially means "new rich" and found something very similar in parvenu, which refers to someone who has recently ascended the social ladder and/or acquired wealth.

The Bent-Wing Bird, previously unnamed, by Nch. The Fighting Fifty x Striking Proposal. His dam is stakes placed and I own his half-brother, so I couldn't resist. I decided to go with a military theme for his name, and after some research was going to name him Corsair, after the famous WWII fighter plane. Unfortunately that was already taken, so I gave him its nickname instead.
stormyisland
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 02:32:28 AM »

For the first time I was a seller instead of a buyer (must keep a closer eye on the budget!) Best of luck to everyone who purchased one of our foals!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Auctions  |  Annual Foal Auction  |  Topic: How'd You Do? [2014 Edition] « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, How'd You Do? [2014 Edition] - Theme by Mustang Forums