Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 24, 2021 12:30am

Final Furlong Forum - 600+ FF horses for sale to new members?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 04:30:54 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: 600+ FF horses for sale to new members?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 600+ FF horses for sale to new members?  (Read 776 times)
Grace
« on: January 01, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »

I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen... tried to file it as a bug report and couldn't get the page to work, but thought it was worth bringing up. There are over 600 horses for sale from FF for $1000 (to new members) - all 2008 geldings, it looks like.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »

I think Shanthi sets up a sale of older geldings every year to new players. Gives newer players a chance to get some potential money earners at a reasonable price :)
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Grace
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:29:28 PM »

I thought that may have been the case given that they were all older geldings, but just thought 600+ seemed like a really huge number even if that were true. Just wanted to double check they were supposed to be there :)
FFadmin
Administrator
Racegoer

Stable Name: Final Furlong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 09:11:35 PM »

The year-end script automatically sets all 7yo geldings for sale to newbies. :)

Not all of them sell, obviously, but I leave them up for a few weeks. Gives people a chance to try out a cheap/possibly good horse, and gives the geldings a better job than sitting around waiting for the computer to enter them into races.
Brenda
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 08:32:20 PM »

Ive picked up some really good geldings when I 1st started. They made me some extra money & gave me a chance to try new things in training, equipment changes and such.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 08:36:06 PM »

All geldings have been relocated to Final Furlong stables. This should have been done by the script, but is done now. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  General  |  Comments and Suggestions  |  Topic: 600+ FF horses for sale to new members? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 600+ FF horses for sale to new members? - Theme by Mustang Forums