Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 22, 2021 9:41am

Final Furlong Forum - 2015 CDS Foaling Announcements!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 01:41:19 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2015 CDS Foaling Announcements!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 CDS Foaling Announcements!  (Read 3576 times)
hollyh1125
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:48:08 AM »

We are finally pleased to announce CDS's first 2 arrivals of the 2015 season.  We were starting to feel a little left out, but are more than ecstatic to see these two babies safe and sound not to mention their happy and healthy mothers eagerly welcoming them into the world.  All eyes are definitely on these two Spock babies tonight!

Introducing...
Talos (ICh. Spock X (G) Goddess Of Luck)
8.2h Brown Colt
This mighty little colt was one of our most anticipated foals of the season and we were happy we didn't have to wait any longer.  Talos was mythically a bronze giant forged by Hephaestus and given to Europa by Zeus as a personal protector.  Thoughtfully fitting for this guy.  He's half to MSW's GCh. Indy's Pizzazz, NCh. Lord Of Luck, and Ch. Fleet Goddess.

Empirical Logic (ICh. Spock X NCh. Trippi Flowers)
10.1 h Bay Filly
This lanky filly has super star potential with parents like hers.  Shes the first foal of her MSW dam and by, the highly regarded Spocks, first foal crop. Both preferred dirt so we are expecting a dirt queen here. 
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:32:36 PM »

*drool*
GORGEOUS babies!  What a way to start the season...
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
hollyh1125
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:19:33 PM »

Haha, thank you! Now we just need to keep the good ju-ju flowing! :)

We had 4 more babies arrive! Everyone is finally able to take a breather and enjoy their new surroundings.  Dams and foals all look happy! :wipes the sweat from her forehead:
Intoducing...

A.P. Rumor Denied (Ch. Rumor Has It (S) X Ch. A.P. Undeniable (X Why Not (S)))
9.2H Dark Grey Filly
First foal from this MSP dam.  We thought Rumor looked as though he had a pretty good foal record so far and wanted to see what the A.P. Indy lines would bring to the table.  Looks like a fun cross to us. :)

All Sails Up (WCh. All Jazzed Up X NCh. Set The Sails (X Ch. Set Sail (S)))
9.1H Bay Colt
Solid silver grand parents and super star parents make up this guys linage.  We are hoping for nothing but the best from him. The dams first racer, Set The Stride, will start in April.

Marriedtothedevil (ICh. Devil His Due X Married To Quick (B) (X Created))
8.3H Dark Bay Filly
Part of Devil His Due's second foal crop and the fourth out of this mare.  She is half to MSP Ch. Quick To Slew, and 2yo winner Eternal Life.

And in the spirit of the football season,
Run The Play (NCh. Player X Run Lady Run (X Created))
9.0H Dark Bay Filly
She's half to Wizardly Lady who had a very promising 2yo year being off the board only twice in 11 starts.She is also part of 3X Hall Of Fame stallion Player's first foal crop.  Can't wait to see how they do. :)
gustyacres
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 01:03:35 AM »

Congrats on a healthy Player baby! Can't wait to see how his first crop runs :)

Nice babies all around
SunStar
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 01:18:18 AM »

I love all their names! Congrats on the healthy babies!
hollyh1125
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 06:14:46 PM »

Yay! Thank you! :)
We finally have another baby to introduce today.  It's been so long we were bumped to the next page!

Introducing...
Glossy Devil (ICh. Devil His Due X Rose Gloss)
7.3h Dark Bay Colt
I am super excited to see what these Devil babies are  going to do. I just hope they all get the heart their daddy did. :)  Despite his mommy towering at 17.3h he stands a full 10h smaller! Lol...it's super cute seeing him reach for his milk.  Rose is being a great first time mom.  It will be fun to see how this colt turns out. :)

Edit:Name changed 1/28/2015
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:21:15 PM by hollyh1125 » Logged
Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 05:00:45 PM »

Love the name Talos :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »

Yay! Thanks, I was surprised it hadn't been used yet! :)  I have another little guys to introduce.  He was acutally born on the 18th and we were gonna wait till we had a couple more, but the supense was killing me. :)
Introducing...
Gunturion - (ICh. Gunningdownromance X Mists Of Avalon (Brandywine (S/RDC)))
8.1h Bay colt
This guys has droolworthy lines, which include Worth, Seek For Love, Hollywood, and Brandywine all of which are dripping with stakes quality.  His dams mother is full sister to 2yo monster filly and current Platinum broodmare Atlantis. Gunningdownromance was a monster 2yo in is day as well, winning the 2yo triple, and the Worth cross has already proven itself here.  It'll be fun to see how this guy matures being born so small. :)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Iron Spur Stables

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »

cute name
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
rainee
Trainer

Stable Name: Rainee Thoroughbreds

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »

I love all of your names!
Lilly of  Rainee Thoroughbreds
Located near the prestigious Saratoga.
hollyh1125
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:22:39 AM »

Thanks so much!
hollyh1125
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 03:19:26 PM »

Another colt arrived today 21 days late but everyone is healthy and doing well, thank goodness. :)
introducing...
Coattails (WCh. Nightfight X Windsinger)
10.2H Dark Grey Colt
This lanky guy got plenty of baking time as you can see! Much longer and he'd be a full grown horse! :) Anyway he's by one of my favorite guys of course and is out of one of our new mare we got last year.  So far he's half to Ch. Windwinger, time will tell for the rest!

9 foals - 5 Colts - 4 Fillies - 40 to go!
hollyh1125
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »

Yay! Finally another filly!
Introducing...
Seattle Sorceress (NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (S)X Ch. Flower Of War)
8.2H Bay Filly, and she's got the cutest little sock on the right hind. :)
She is the first foal out of her SWing dam.  We are super excited to see how this cross does with Rouge, Man O War, and Seattle Slew speckling her pedigree.  Flower Of War is being send to Slip In The Mud to give a new stallion a try. :)
Sora
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2011, 03:28:49 AM »

Your 2015 crop looks super nice! I'm a tad jealous xD.
hollyh1125
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »

There was some extra time put in last year when breeding. ;) Thanks so much! Over the last couple days we've been really busy and have another 4 to introduce!

Introducing...
Rated PG (Point Given (S) X Ch. Loveem'nrun(X Secret Of Love(G)))
9.3H Chestnut Filly
First foal from this double Gold bred MSP mare.  We thought the PG lines are pretty proven with this cross and wanted to give them a try as well.  She's 3/4 sib to GCh. Snowflake and Ch. Easy Orders.

Let It Ride (NCh. Bellagio X Magic After Dark)
9.2H Bay Filly
We have some superb lines in this filly with the triple threat of RDC Foolish Question, CDR Almost Home and CDR Lonesome Glory.  Her dam is half to gold rated Magician's Mystery.  Can't wait to see how she turns out.

Devilish Choice (Ich. Devil His Due X Maria's Choice)
9.2H Bay Colt
This is the second foal from this 17.3H mare.  Both parents are maiden so we were hoping to add some size to Devils side with this mare.

Bug A Boo (Holy Bull X Jettision (S))
8.1H Dapple Grey Colt
We just really wanted a nice foal from this new stallion and felt confident Jettison would deliver for us. This little guy is half to many stakes quality horses and can't wait to get his pretty butt on the track. :)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 02:39:09 AM »

love the name Bug A Boo thats what my hub used to call our kids when they were little :) , and thanks for trying my guy , i'm sure he will be happy to see your girl!
WHEN GOD CREATED THE HORSE,HE SPOKE TO THE MAGNIFICENT CREATURE: I HAVE MADE THEE WITHOUT EQUAL, ALL THE TREASURE OF THIS EARTH LIE BETWEEN THY EYES.

Home of,Ch. Set It OffNew in the Studbarn-guest stallion-NCh.Irish Gold,our studs- ICH.Gilded Saint, NCH.Golden Text, NCh. Black Light II
hollyh1125
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 04:11:47 AM »

Awe, that' so funny! And your welcome :)
We thought we would have a little breather after the last couple days but that was quickly denied as two of our favorite broodmares went into labor.
Introducing...
Let Me Go (GCh. My Lucky Day (S) X NCh. Cross My Heart(G))
8.1H Bay Filly
We really like this stud and with the addition of his linage we have a filly with some great lines.  All grandparents are RDC (I/C) and CDR (I)(I/C), as well as tracing back to CDR Cigar (I/C).  Cross My Heart is a fabulous broodmare and look forward to anything she produces. :)
Half to WCh. As You Wish, GCh. Spellbreaker, and Ch. Leopold

Rogue Love (GCh. Highland Laird X Ch. Summer Romance)
8.3H Bay Filly
We couldn't resist mixing Secret Of Love and Rogue with this pair.  This is her SW dams first foal and couldn't have chosen a better stallion for her. :)  We can't wait to see what her double wammy Secretariat linage does with Rogue lines. yay!
hollyh1125
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 05:23:14 PM »

We have a nice little filly to introduce today.

Ultimate Point (WCh. All Jazzed Up X Point Blank (B) ( X Ifyoucouldseemenow (S B/I)))
10.0H Chestnut Filly
Super pretty filly with legs to match.  All racing siblings are either SP or winners.
Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 11:08:23 PM »

Those are some nice looking fillies. Love the name Rogue Love!
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 11:13:31 PM »

Rogue Love (GCh. Highland Laird X Ch. Summer Romance)
8.3H Bay Filly
We couldn't resist mixing Secret Of Love and Rogue with this pair.  This is her SW dams first foal and couldn't have chosen a better stallion for her. :)  We can't wait to see what her double wammy Secretariat linage does with Rogue lines. yay!

Go Army Laird! :) Cute filly, good luck with her.
hollyh1125
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 02:55:04 AM »

Yay, thanks! :)
One more today.

Pretty Boy (GCh. My Lucky Day X GCh. Making Magic (X Dark Magic (G))
9.3H Grey Colt
So named for his very pretty and symmetrical lines. :)  He is the second live foal from his dam who lost her first 2 foals.
hollyh1125
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 06:53:30 PM »

Finally we have some more births to introduce today.  One that has been due since Jan 31st!

Wizardworth (NCh. Highland Wizard (G) X Ch. Hard On The Heart (X Heartsong (RDC) (G)))
8.2H Black Colt
Second foal from this awesomely bred mare and Wizard complimented her so well.  Super cute colt. :)

Splachee (WCh. Strike It Rich X Street Skipper (X GCh. Dream Skipper (S)))
10.1H Grey Filly
Leggy filly from some great lines.  Can't wait to race her!
hollyh1125
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »

We welcomed another shining face to the stable recently.

Selisha (WCh. Nightfight X Royal Secret(X Wonders Miracle (G)))
9.3H Black Filly
Second filly from this SP dam.  We love The Black and Secretariat cross along with their gold rated dams. ;)  Can't wait to see how she turns out!
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »

Very pretty. 
hollyh1125
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »

Thanks!
hollyh1125
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 06:22:57 PM »

A cute little guy greeted us this morning...

No Tomato (WCh. Strider X Meetmeatsunset (X Always A Lady (S)))
9.2H Chestnut Colt
Dam is by Red Sunset, a silver rated broodmare sire and her dam is silver rated as well so we thought it was worth giving her a shot in the breeding shed.  No Tomato is the second foal from her and what better cross than a double gold bred stallion with phenomenal lines. :)  We'll see come race day.

Foaling summary : 22 foals / 10 colts / 12 fillies
27 to go!
hollyh1125
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »

We have slacked on getting the babies introduced during this busy month of March! I'm gonna try and make this short and sweet. :)

Eternal Wish (WCh. As You Wish (S) X ICh. Eternal Lady)
9.0h Bay colt
Dams first foal will be racing this year.  Looks like a super cross!
Magic Smoke (ICh. Highland Magic (G) X WCh. Smokin')
9.3h Grey filly
Super filly who is Sire/BM sire to ICh. Spock. Dams first foal will race this year.

More to come...
hollyh1125
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 03:16:07 AM »

Got some more time to post more babies. :)
Fool's Glory (FFCh. Foolhardy X Key To Glory)
9.2H bay filly
Lots of gold in this girls pedigree.  Dams first foal starts this year.
Caymus (NCh. Player X GCh. Heiress (B))
9H Brown Colt
Interesting lines with lots of sliver.  Half to SP Play My Game and SP Born Rich.
Bold Lilly (NCh. Boldness Shows (S) X Lit de Lilly)
9.1H light bay Filly
Second foal out of my Rogue's Lilly mare.
Love Bitten (WCh. As You Wish (S) X Grey Allusion (S))
8.3H Flea-bitten Grey Filly
Ninth live foal from this mare.  All racing siblings are SW, SP and winners.
Naught To War (NCh. Call To War X All For Naught)
10H Chestnut Colt
All For Naught had complications delivering this huge foal and died shortly after giving birth.  Luckily we have a few foster moms here eager to help.  He was AFN's third foal.  She wasn't much on the track but was purchased for a pretty penny for her lines from Storybook.  Her first foal by Highland Laird is due to race this year.
Mr. Jones (WCh. As You Wish (S) X Ch. Tustin Girl)
9.3H Dark Bay Colt
Dam was a fabulous 2yo.  Excited to see what this cross will do. Second foal form this dam.

hollyh1125
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »

And the last few so far...shew!
Classy Wish (WCh. As You Wish (S) X Winning Class (S))
9.1H Black Filly
Tenth foal from this wonderful dam.  Filly is half to MSW Cutlass, SP Wide Awake, SP Winning Secret, and 4 other winners.
A.P. Dark Star (A.P. Indy(S) X Morning Star (S))
9.2H Dark Grey Colt
One of our much anticipated babies.  He half to 3 SW and MSW GCh. Johnny Rio and MSW Ch. Rahy's Star. We had to get an Indy foal out of her before he or she retired.   
Indy's Fire (ICh. Ring Of Fire (S) X Indy's Lady (S))
9.2H Bay Colt
A super nice colt from my A.P. Indy mare.  Half to SW Ch. Front Page Edition and SW Ch. King Indy the 3yo, Impulse Drive is SP

CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 03:57:52 AM »

Woo, congrats!
hollyh1125
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 04:17:00 PM »

Thank you! :)  I went on the road for 8 days and came back to 11 new weanlings! I was never that busy while I was home.  I think FF mares know when the worst times to foal are, too.
hollyh1125
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »

An early baby to introduce today!

Venomous - (GCh. High On Love (S) X Hollywood Heiress)
8.2H Black Colt
This colt has lines to die over with a double wammy of Highland Rogue 3 generations back.  The Hollywood Gold lines seemed to cross well with Rogue so it'll be fun to see what happens here.  There are 5 RDC/CDR ranked family members as well as a smashing female line.  Just can't say enough about him! We are super excited to race him. :)
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:54 PM »

He's lovely :) Love the name as well. Congrats.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
Turquoise
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »

Ditto!
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 07:11:37 AM »

wow thats a name i would have loved to use!! nice baby, i have one due today, i cant wait , pacing back and forth, we are going out of town friday to france for the day/night not sure yet, watch me come back to a few , they always seem to know

hollyh1125
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »

Yay thanks guys!
Wow, wish I could say I could do to France for a little day trip! Sounds exciting. :)  When I went out of town I came back to 11 babies out of 8 days I was gone.  Oh, they know...they know... ;)
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »

lol , pouting here , husband is on standby no out of town trips, figures. but will be going there again because there is a CHOCOLATE museum and shop in that town along with several other museums and a palace and cathedral. we are taking advantage of being here this time as the first time back in 92-94 we were brand new to the service and had our first baby in 93 and of course no  money, so we have been doing lots of trips, i will have to send you a pm if you want to see pics , hub has them on his facebook page, i need to put them on mine.

hollyh1125
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 02:05:15 AM »

Carole I would love to see the pictures. :)  A chocolate museum sounds awesome!  Taste and smells of course, right?  In the mean time we had another baby welcome themselves to the breeding barn.

Strike The Devil (ICh. Devil His Due X Lucky Strikes)
9.0H Bay Colt
We are were surprised by the size of this colt considering the smallness of each of his parents.  We were hoping the heart in these lines would combine for a inspirational racer. ;)  Can't wait to see how he matures!
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 07:42:43 AM »

wow and my filly was 9.3 poor  momma's , they need a rest!! lol

Shelbie
Race Winner

Stable Name: Black Storm West

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

Love the name!
~ Black Storm West ~
there will be fireworks tonight
Standing NCH. French Ruby & NCh. Yes It's Paddy
hollyh1125
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 06:16:19 PM »

Thank you! I thought it sounded cute, too.
We also had two more colts arrive lately and need their introductions. :)

Devilish Style (ICh. Devil His Due X Ch. Just My Style (S))
8.2H Pure Black Colt
This guy has a sterling silver pedigree with the exeption of DHD whos first foals will race next year. He is JMS's 9th foal and is half to MSW Style Street and 6 other winners including 2yo's Key Biscuit (Nightfight) who broke his maiden first time out this year.

Lairdland (GCh. Highland Laird (S) X Risky Venture (S))
10.0H Dark Bay Colt
This strapping colt is the 15th foal of this great momma.  I couldn't believe in all her years she never visited Rogue or a Rogue son so we had to see what would happen.  So far so good! He's half to MSW GCh. Fast Fleet Feet and MSW GCh. Lone Aventurer, also SP Ch. Risk Unknown and SP Bold Gamble.  Her foals have earned on average just under 250K. 
Shadowfax
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 07:00:36 PM »

Sounds like Lairdland has got quite a pedigree to live up to
hollyh1125
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »

Finally another foal! Seems like it's been forever! ;) Though we really were not expecting another till early next month. 

Thisdevilsonfire (ICh. Devil His Due X Ebony Fires (S))
10H Black Colt
This colt looks super promising with his huge size and breeding.  His Dam is daughter of MSW producing Times Ebony making her half to WCH. Nightfight and WCH. Gotta Go.  She is silver rated herself producing all winners and 4 Champions.  We thought Devils heart and Go For Dash lines would mix well with her pedigree.  We'll see when we put this guy in training!
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2011, 09:15:26 PM »

love the names

hollyh1125
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 03:47:13 AM »

Thanks so much! :) It made me smile so I stuck with it.

We also have another baby boy to introduce!
Shah Jahan (WCh. As You Wish X Soulmate)
9.1H Bay Colt
I had to think of a good name for this boy with his parents names and his momma's first foal running as well as she is.  Soulmates first foal, Crack The Bell, is 1st and 4th in two starts and is by the late Dr. Love who was a fantastic broodmare producer.  Soulmate is half to platinum ranked broodmare Dark Love.  With As You Wish being the sire of this super colt just puts icing in the cake. :)  His name represents the emperor who constructed the Taj Mahal for his beloved wife and queen. With all the "love" in this guys pedigree such a lovely name was only fitting. (No pun intended... ;) )
hollyh1125
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »

Finally a filly arrived today.  We were having a spell of the colts there for awhile! :)

Hot Gold (GCh. Steal Your Heart X Bold n'Gold (S))
10H Bay Filly
This fillies got some legs to grow into and some shoes to fill. ;) Her dam is silver ranked having produced MSW GCh. Bold Love, SP Ch. Alcatraz among 2 other winners and multi money earning 2yo Bold Causeway.  Steal Your Heart hasn't got a solid crop racing yet and hope to contribute to his success.  He's half to High Chances and by the great late Secret Of Love so I feel he just needs to get more foals on the track. :)  Only time will tell. ;)
Shadowfax
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 05:21:49 PM »

Love the name, bit of a referance to her steller pedigree so even better. Good luck with her. 
hollyh1125
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 06:02:04 PM »

Thanks so much. :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2011, 04:39:02 AM »

Well it seems the Quic-Gro has really saturated the soil and we have another huge baby to introduce...
Seattle Skies (NCh. Seattle Sorcerer X Ch. Scarlet Skies)
10H Bay Colt
He is the second foal of Scarlet.  His dams linage is phenomenal with both grand parents being eclipse award winners and she is a MSW and a 500K+ money earner herself.  We liked SS's first foal crops and thought his versitility would match well with Scarlet's preferance for jumps.  This boy has Seattle Slew, Highland Rogue, and What's It Worth in his pedigree...can you really go wrong? ;)
hollyh1125
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

Got another baby a couple of days ago.

Dark Imagination (WCh. Nightfight (B) X Beyond Imagination (S))
9.2H Bay Colt
We think this boy will do well.  Nightfight seems to have some producing ablity and Beyond Imagination has produced all winners as well as SP Beyond Belief and MSW Millionaire Ch. Minaret.  Her 2yo filly, I Can Only Imagine (Worth My While) is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 3 starts.  Promising young boy. :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »

2 more foals today!
Wishful Eclipse (WCh. As You Wish X Eclipse This)
9.1H Light Bay Colt
This mare was the first I got to switch to broodmare and she's produced well for me over the years having all winners and a placed 2yo this year.  Wishful Eclipse is as cute as he can be with his light bay coat and one sparkley white hind sock. 

And we also got our redemption point foal today.  We decided to go for a gelding foal in hopes of having purley a money earner.  At least he's been born with some size and we can't wait to race him.  This was just for fun and plan on keeping him.
Jump And Jive (Created)
9.2H Red Chestnut Gelding with a star and a snip and white on 3 feet. :)
hollyh1125
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »

Got back from vacation yesterday and just had time to catch up on a few things including my new babies!!  We were super excited to see all three had pretty rare color including 2 dapple greys! Pretty,pretty, pretty!

Wildcat Wishes (WCh. As You Wish X GCh. Alaskan Wildcat)
9.1h bloodbay colt
Both parents are bronze rated and fairly new.  Mom recently got her first stakes placed foal in 3yo filly, HijackThis.  Seems like a stellar pair. :)
Drawbridge Brigade (ICh. Unabridged X Countdowntoliftoff (S))
9H Dapple Grey Filly
Mom had produced all winners so far and is silver rated and Dad is a super newbie to the breeding shed but had a long successful career on the track which is a main trait we look for in good horses.  Looks like a winner! ;)
Tell A Tall Wish(Wch. As You Wish X Telltheconductor)
8.3H Dapple Grey Filly
We haven't seen much out of this mare yet but she's rather new as well.  As You Wish may be her perfect cross. :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:07:39 PM by hollyh1125 » Logged
Shadowfax
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 08:43:55 AM »

Nice names. I especially love Drawbridge Brigade, it makes me think of an army drum horse and that fits her coloring.

One thought:
Tell Tall Wish might sound better, and be easier to say, as Tell A Tall Wish. I keep misreading it as Tell Tale Wish at the moment   
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 12:08:56 PM »

Lol so did I ! I had to do a double take but I love both names, so you can't go wrong. Sweet babies BTW!

hollyh1125
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »

Tell Tall Wish might sound better, and be easier to say, as Tell A Tall Wish
I like it better too.  It's more what I was going for. :) Thanks!
Freedom
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Freedom Acres

They buried the sun, so I carried the torch.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 08:59:03 PM »

I love the name you gave to Unabridged's little girl! I hope she does well for you.
"Horse racing isn't a real sport?
Let's see you try and keep up." - Anonymous
>> home to ICh. Unabridged.

-- Vision Of Freedom --
Shadowfax
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »

I like it better too.  It's more what I was going for.  Thanks!
You're welcome
hollyh1125
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »

Yay, our June babies are finially starting to arrive. :) 

Secretly Bold (Rahy (S) X Ch. Bold Lady (S)) (Secret Summer (G))
9.2H Bay colt w/ a Stripe
We are super happy to have this colt after Rahy's retirement.  He's a nice sized colt with plenty of pedigree to throw around.  Bold Ruler is doubled on Bold Lady's side as well as Secretariat and Gold rated Granddam Secret Summer, not to mention Rahy is his daddy. :)  Bold Lady was a MSW Champion on the track as a 4 and 5 year old so we hope with this cross we'll have a decent runner at 2 and 3 as well.  Pretty colt...we are super happy to have him.

Only 2 more to go!
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 02:46:17 PM »

Congrats still waiting on 18 here

hollyh1125
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »

Death must be creeping around...
Make Me Lucky, once again, lost her Nightfight colt.  This isn't the first time we've lost a foal 2X in a row to the same mare.  We are stubbornly sending her back to Nightfight for a 3rd time. :\
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2011, 11:55:21 AM »

Sorry to hear about the foal. :( Good luck with the third go-round!
hollyh1125
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »

Thanks. :) I'll have to think of an awesome name.
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »

Sorry to hear that , I had a successful birth this morning by call to war

Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2011, 03:24:08 PM »

How about ThreetimesthCharm or 3 Times the Charm, or some combination of that ThirdXtheCharm.
Final success, finally successful, lucky number3
I'm sure I can think up lots more, names are usually easy for me for some reason, and then I have to wait to use them.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 12:11:59 PM by Grace Littlef » Logged

Shadowfax
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2011, 03:43:24 PM »

Three suggestions for next years foal:
Lucky Night
Fought for it
Make a Stand
hollyh1125
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2011, 01:41:20 PM »

Haha, yea I like all those.  Thanks for the suggestions!
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »

Anytime my friends allways come to me when it comes time to name something, one thing I'm good at anyway. Lol , dd you see my NF filly won again? Only an  allow. but am proud of her!

hollyh1125
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 05:05:26 AM »

Yes, I did. :) I'm super stoked about his babies.  So many are doing really well. Yay!!
hollyh1125
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2011, 05:49:01 PM »

The last foal of the season has arrived after a long "over-due" wait. :) And it's a girl!

Rahylicious (Rahy (S) X Black Flames (S) (Playing With Fire RDC/S))
9.3H Bay Filly
This is a super cute filly with scrumptious lines. We r happy to have one of Rahy's last fillies and out of an impeccably bred broodmare to boot.  Thank you to Stillwater for the opportunity.
hollyh1125
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

Foaling Season Stats for CDS
49 foals
28 Colts
20 Fillies
1 Gelding
1 Deceased Foal
1 Deceased Broodmare
Over all I think we had a really successful breeding season.  Can't wait till next year!! :)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »

Congrats on a cute foal from Black Flames. :) Good luck with her.
Grace Littlef
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Proud Rattie Mommy!!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »

Congrats! I have my last batch of 15 due over the next 2weeks, and I can't wait!

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Breeding  |  Foaling Barn  |  Topic: 2015 CDS Foaling Announcements! « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 2015 CDS Foaling Announcements! - Theme by Mustang Forums