Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 19, 2021 6:55pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/12

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 10:55:15 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/12
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/12  (Read 722 times)
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2011, 12:30:32 AM »

Well, it's been a long time since we've posted results, since it's been a long time since we've had any good news to post. 

We were lucky enough to snag Out of Control from the Stillwater auction, and we put her straight to work earning back her purchase price.  The 6yo mare, 1/2 to FFCh. Can't Catch Me, didn't disappoint, earning our first win (and paycheck) of the year.  Thank goodness! 
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:26:47 AM »

Yay, Out of Control! :) Good luck with her.

As for us, almost everyone finished in the top 3. Awesome. :D

Ella Fitzgerald rewarded our hunch to switch her to jumps with a win in her debut as a 3yo.

Stolen Time is 2 for 2 this year with a win in a NW1.

RightwhereIbelong may be ready for another stakes attempt, after his win in a NW3.

Scotland's Glory and Twice As Sweet finished 1st/2nd in their NW3.

Tuatha de Dannan won her super long allowance race. :)

Reafan broke the winning streak, but finished a nice 3rd in his allowance.

Exultation was also 3rd in her allowance.

Morgan le Fay had a nice win in her allowance.

Vicarious broke his maiden. :)

Aidan Quinn is 2 for 2 this year with a win in a NW2.

Calanais and Fairy Cat were 2nd/3rd in their NW1.

Golden Aura and Hidden Silver were 1st/2nd in their NW2.

Got Moxie was 3rd in the San Fernando Breeders' Cup.

Swan Song was 2nd in the San Gorgonio Handicap

Lord Nelson won his first stakes in the Ascot Vale Stakes

My Kingdom was 2nd in the Chelmsford Stakes

The Huntsman was overfaced in his stakes race, finishing 6th.

Quite a good day, overall.
JasonCameron
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »

Well I had a few good runners but the two highlights were I'm No Fool and his half-brother Letmeentertainyou.

Letmeentertainyou finally broke his maiden in a NW2. He's by TakeMeToHollywood who didn't find his stride until he was 3YO. So, I'm hoping that after a lackluster 2YO year (he only placed one in six starts) this boy can start to run like his older 3/4 brother! He'll stick in allowances for a bit though so I can be sure this wasn't a fluke! He's by Highland Gold who is the dam of my superstar I'm No Fool.

I'm No Fool won his second stakes of the year (in his third start - for some reason a scratching didn't work and he raced twice on one day earlier in January). He won the Craiglee Stakes with a very strong finish running on from eighth.  Next stop for his is the Manikato in a week. He'll be back on turf which I think is his (and his brother's) preference.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »

He's by Highland Gold who is the dam of my superstar I'm No Fool.

He's out of Highland Gold. ;)
JasonCameron
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »

Oh yeah. My bad! ;)
Jyuukai
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »

Had what is possibly my first not-good day since joining. I knew it would come someday lol

Pleasant Knight, one of my starter horses, went out into an open allowance and did not do nearly so well as expected.  He still managed to bring home a 4th (and a paycheck).  I'm not really sure what went wrong with him so I'll just assume he was a bit outclassed and move on :)

Poor Monarch really has not done well since I put him over fences, but I figured at his age it really couldn't hurt.  He managed to not hit dead last though, 13th out of 14 :(
Grace
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »

An excellent day for the two I sent out, both coming home second.

Ivy Creek Farm leasee It's All Mine had a very good run in her NW2 for 4yo+ on dirt, coming home 2nd in a mixed field of 6.

Four year old gelding Silver Cross is definitely starting to come into his stride. He came home 2nd out of a very strong field of 10 in his open allowance.
imagine
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Generous Bloodstock

Anything is possible with a willing heart.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 06:59:59 PM »

The stable's still struggling to find a winner at the moment  :-\

Dawn Chorus faired best of the two we sent out finishing 2nd in her NW2 against other 3yo fillies. In all honesty it wasn't a bad performance but we didn't really learn anything new about her. She'll probably stay on the turf for now with maybe an increase in distance to see how she likes that.

Lethal Evil had his first try on the turf after being very consistent on dirt last year and finished 10th of 14 so possibly didn't take to it that well although he did get up to 2nd at one point and there was only five lengths between the first 10 so....Probably back to the dirt for his next run I think.

We also claimed December Surprise a nicely bred (officially) 6yo. As her name suggests she's a December foal and only broke her maiden last year so hopefully she might be ok at allowance level this year. She finished 4th after making a bold move and hitting the front some way from home. She'll be dropping back in trip for her next start.
Emma @ Generous Bloodstock
Anything is possible with a willing heart

Standing at stud in 2020:
ICh Blue Smoke
ICh Quarren
NCh Lasting Spirit
GCh Mantle of Power
SunStar
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 02:29:06 AM »

I only sent out one today and he can home a winner.

Colfax pulled his first win in a 5f NW1 Allowance. He sure surprised the heck outta me seeing as he was a 20:1 odds. I think I finally found something he likes!   ;D
ivycreekfarm
Beta Testers
Owner

Stable Name: Ivy Creek Farm

View Profile Ivy Creek Farm
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 02:51:12 AM »

Sent 2 very fat ponies out today:

Now-4YO WESTPOINT (x Point Given) ran a decent 3rd to stablemate It's All Mine (leased out to Hello Starling Farm).  I can't believe he's already 4!  He has been severely neglected on the racing side, but dearly loved at the farm.  Hopefully we can get him back in racing form before he gets any older!

Now-3YO SOFTSPOKEN (x created) earned a decent speed factor of 124, but still managed to finish dead last in her $50k claimer.  Thankfully, she came back home with us, so we'll see what we can find for her to do next.
Alyssa
Ivy Creek Farm

Standing in 2021: NCh. Allinvain | NCh. Bear Witness | NCh. Bellagio {S} | NCh. Ducati | NCh. Exit Poll | NCh. Fight The Twilight | GCh. Zadar
Home to future stallions: NCh. Franco Classico, 2019 3YO Colt & Classic Horse of the Year
Mintano
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 02:04:50 AM »

Pretty good day for us! ;D

Look like Accolade will be heading back to the grass, has had some success on the dirt but didn't like it at all today, 13th/14. El Cid was also in the race and it looks like he will be heading back to his preferred surface as well, the dirt didn't agree with him either today, 11th/14.

Outlander ran a decent 3rd/6 in a $50k Dirt Claimer.

Sonorous wasn't sure what was going on today, there were obstacles on the track! Hopefully he'll get his jumping legs soon, though it was his first try over fences. 5th/6

Bold Talker ran very well in his 2015 debut, dueled throughout in a NW1 and came up just a bit short finishing 2nd/8 by three parts of a length.

Voyeur didn't fare to well against the more experienced runners in a turf NW2. We'll try and find a softer spot for him next time. 9th/14

Watagan Wildcat ran a very nice 2nd/12 in a dirt maiden for three year old fillies, hopefully she'll break her maiden soon.

Taking off the blinkers and putting on a shadowroll seemed to agree with Charlotte today, went straight to the lead and improved her position from there, 1st/7.

Cross You Fingers started off the year very well with a win in an allowance over the fences, 1st/14. We were trying to sell him but it looks like he wants us to hang on to him!

Cruella Deville ran a good race to finish 2nd/6 in a non-winners of three over fences. Stalked the leader throughout and ran out of room at the wire but she made it close!

Day of Wonder unfortunately looks to be past his prime, we took a risk with purchasing him, he was a very nice chaser as a 3yo but he hadn't raced since then when we bought him in the Select Auction last year so he hadn't run in well over a year. We figured he'd either pick up right where he left off or flop...looks like he's flopped. :-\ 11th/14 in a steeplechase allowance. We'll try a few more times and either hope the option to switch back to flat and see what he can do there, or retire him.

Don't Put Me Back ran okay in her debut, finished 5th/12 in a dirt maiden for three year old fillies.

DontCallMeSue came back off of breaking his maiden on New Year's Day with only 10 days rest and finished a good 2nd/14 in a turf non-winners of two. He'll get a longer freshening between races next time and we'll see what he can do. Good to see he still remembers to run after breaking his maiden, needs to tell the other ponies that just because you break your maiden it doesn't mean you can stop trying!  ;)

Double Luck ran a good 3rd/6 in her Dirt Allowance for fillies and mares.

Millenium Falcon went out for the first time for us after being purchased from the Stillwater Auction. He finished a game 2nd/11 in the G2 San Fernando Breeder's Cup. He was just outdueled by a VERY nice horse in NCh. Drum Major, we're very pleased with him, good to see a horse we purchase not flop the minute we get a hold of them! ;) He'll most likely go out next in the Sunshine Millions Sprint.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 09:40:59 AM »

Millenium Falcon went out for the first time for us after being purchased from the Stillwater Auction. He finished a game 2nd/11 in the G2 San Fernando Breeder's Cup. He was just outdueled by a VERY nice horse in NCh. Drum Major, we're very pleased with him, good to see a horse we purchase not flop the minute we get a hold of them! ;) He'll most likely go out next in the Sunshine Millions Sprint.

Good luck with him! :) He's a nice colt, I would've kept him if I didn't own so many of his relatives. ;) I was surprised by the high purchase price, though, given that he's not studified yet. Hope that happens soon.
Mintano
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »

He went higher than I would have liked but I just couldn't stop myself! Hopefully he can earn back that purchase price and eventually make some pretty babies. ;)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/12 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/12 - Theme by Mustang Forums