Final Furlong Forum
Final Furlong
Nov. 24, 2021 5:27pm

Final Furlong Forum - 1/15

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 09:27:06 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/15
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1/15  (Read 425 times)
Jyuukai
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »

A fairly average day I suppose

Newly bought Battle Strike went out into a steeplechase today and managed to bomb it spectacularly, earning a dead last :)  He's from the 'older than dirt' gelding sale for newbies so Im not horribly disappointed.  I'll probably try him once or twice more and then give him a well deserved retirement if he doesnt pick up.

Calhoun continues to do well for us, earning a 2nd place in his allowance :)  I may be trying him in an ungraded stakes in the near future as he has never been less than 2nd for us (knock on wood).

Callin Baton Rouge maybe needs a vacation, she hasnt done so well this year and this race she earned a not-so-great 4th.  She's been out since November though so we will send her home for a bit, try her again, and if all else fails she goes to the broodmare barn :)

And lastly we claimed little Momo (that's my kittens name lol and both the horse and the kitten are dark grey ;D) for $5k today.  She did quite well in her claiming race, earning a 3rd out of 6!
Grace
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:34:22 PM »

Today I logged in to check my results and had a bit of an, "Ouch..." moment.  :P

The created-lined four year old we claimed a few weeks ago, Next Chance had her first start with us today in a maiden for 4yo+. She came home a disappointing 5th out of 6. We'll put her on dirt in her next start and possibly try an equipment change to see if she fares any better.

Seven-year-old Amex ran 6th out of 6 in his allowance. His past few starts showed us he doesn't want to run anymore - we made the easy decision to retire him shortly after his race. He'll be out babysitting the yearlings for the rest of his days, enjoying the rest after his very long career on the track. :)

The one good result of the day come from Ivy Creek Farm leasee, four-year-old Hello Goodbye. She came home a comfortable 2nd out of 6 in her mixed company NW2. Fortunately that paycheck covered the losses on our other runners today, so nothing to do but look forward to the next raceday now.
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:46 PM »

And lastly we claimed little Momo (that's my kittens name lol and both the horse and the kitten are dark grey ;D) for $5k today.  She did quite well in her claiming race, earning a 3rd out of 6!

I visited my friends today who have a dog named Momo. :) She's chestnut-colored, though.

Not a bad day out for Stillwater.

Dal Riata started us off with a 6th place in her NW1. Wet turf is apparently not her thing.

Leverage faced the same wet turf and won his NW1.

Dia Another Day was 2nd in his NW1 on dirt.

Kilkenny Red won his NW2.

Alleluia was 2nd in her SC allowance.

Perfect Timing was 2nd in her turf allowance.

Heartbeam was 3rd in her NW3.

Bright Belles was 2nd in the Dame Mysterieuse StakesCuckoo was 4th in the same race.

Hollywood Mogul was 2nd in the Santa Catalina Stakes.

Cannes was 2nd in the Tramway Handicap.

Only one off the board, and unlike last year, our stakes horses seem to actually be doing pretty decent. We'll see how long that lasts.
SunStar
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:34 PM »

I didn't have any horses run today but I did win a claim on a created mare Couer Du Val who won her claiming race at 8f on the dirt. She still young so hopefully she's just a late bloomer. I just love those dapples!  ;)
Mintano
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:01:03 AM »

A GREAT day at Oakwood, keep it up ponies!

Bathsheba was bred to be a steeplechaser but so far hasn't really found jumping to be to her liking. 7th/8

Beautiful Disaster is on a roll! We almost let this guy go but he's from the second last crop of Worth so we decided to hang on to him. He won a packed open allowance on the dirt today, making him 2 for 2 this year, we may look for a stakes for him next time out.

Delaware Bound never picked up his feet today in an allowance over the fences. He hasn't really been the same since he was a 2yo though her does every once in a while flash his old form. We'll keep at him for a little bit and see if he perks up otherwise he'll go home and become a showhorse.

In the same race Kinky Rule fared a little better though not much finishing mid-pack, 8th/14.

We upped Laird's Diamond in both class and distance today. She ran okay, 5th/13. The ground was also slow so we'll add that to her excuses as well!  ;)

Mi Casa looks to be getting closer to breaking his maiden with every start, today he finished a solid 2nd/6 in a turf non-winners of one.

Queen of Eagles either just doesn't want to run or doesn't like wet grass, we'll go with the grass excuse, 8th/13.

The wet turf didn't seem to phase Romantic Memory who also looks like she's getting closer to figuring this whole racing thing out, finished a nice 2nd/6 in a turf non-winners of one for fillies.

We had Runs With Scissors in an ambitious spot for his 5yo debut, he's a stakes calibur horse but he's lost a step recently. We pulled him out of an allowance on the 12th because he wasn't ready yet but the only other spot was the G3 Aqueduct Handicap which came up tough and the track was a mess. He never picked up his feet finishing 14th/14. We'll try and give him a soft spot next out and see if he perks up.

In the same race, new purchase Timaeus didn't seem to like the competition or the footing either, 12th/14. We'll find an easier race for him next time.

Sneak About seemed to enjoy herself quite a bit in the mud today, splashed home to a convincing win in a dirt non-winners of three for fillies. We might try and find a small stake for her next out.

Take Me To Alaska didn't look like she was very comfortable today over the wet ground. She still put in a good effort though finishing 4th/8 in an allowance over fences for fillies and mares.

Since being gelded, Torrid Display has perked up. Today he made his record for the year 2 for 2 with a dead game win in a turf allowance.

Turning three years old seems to have agreed with Unbridled Miracle. Today was her second start of the year and she ran great to break her maiden over stablemate, Romantic Memory.
CricketHill
Beta Testers
Race Winner

Stable Name: Cricket Hill

Cricket Hill: Established 2006

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »

Four out, four paychecks.  Much better than last year.  =)

Highlight of the day was Forgotten Road earning her MSW status.  She really perked up last year, and I think this old lady is going to have a really solid 5yo season.

Game 3yo filly Circle of Trust is one of the reasons I like Ring of Fire so much.  She came in 2nd against the boys in her first start of the season, an NW3.  Oddly enough, both she and Forgotten Road have Cross Roads on their sire side. 

Then we had a matched pair of 4th place efforts from Canaryinacoalmine and Odysseus.  May have to tweak some equipment/jocks, but I'm pleased with the paycheck.  =)
Shanthi
Administrator
Kentucky Derby Winner

Stable Name: Stillwater Farms

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »

Game 3yo filly Circle of Trust is one of the reasons I like Ring of Fire so much.  She came in 2nd against the boys in her first start of the season, an NW3.  Oddly enough, both she and Forgotten Road have Cross Roads on their sire side. 

Yay for Ring of Fire babies. :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Final Furlong Forum  |  Racing  |  How'd You Do?  |  Topic: 1/15 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Final Furlong Forum, 1/15 - Theme by Mustang Forums